If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

True enough, but when you ask someone what they think of Lupin, they'd probably refer to it as action-comedy. A kind of James Bond-meets-Looney Tunes, rather than the moody psychosexual noir story that 'The Woman Named Fujiko Mine' is.

That said, it's still good.

• I actually should watch that sometime.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

If you asked someone what they thought of Lupin, they'd probably blink and scratch their head. If you ask someone what they thought about Batman, you'd get actual vocalisations. 

I dunno, I'm generally just a supporter of "going back to basics" on a lot of things. Lupin was altered, I think, for a different audience given his new medium at the time, and this is an opportunity to use the same medium now that it's taken more seriously as an avenue for a more adult-oriented story to be told. I don't want silly Lupin to disappear entirely, but I don't think that'll happen anyway. 

A lot of things benefit from being reset to a neutral starting point, after all. For instance, the second Hulk movie. Even though the more accessible Lupin stuff is considered a classic in its own right, unlike the 2003 Hulk film, it had a good run with at least one brilliant feature length outing (possibly more, but I can't remember), so I think it's high time to give the character space to be something a bit different -- or, depending on how you look at it, the same. 

no this does not come from my desire to see every Alien comic burned and erased from memory, also resurrection 

• edited 2012-05-14 17:29:03
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>If you asked someone what they thought of Lupin, they'd probably blink and scratch their head. If you ask someone what they thought about Batman, you'd get actual vocalisations. 

I don't see why you'd think this, unless of course you mean the general populace and that's just because Lupin isn't as popular. Among fans, Lupin has a pretty specific tone.

> Lupin was altered, I think, for a different audience given his new medium at the time, and this is an opportunity to use the same medium now that it's taken more seriously as an avenue for a more adult-oriented story to be told. 

The thing is, the original comic is pretty campy and silly too. And I think it was more that Hayao Miyazaki didn't want to make the hero of his story an actual rapist. I don't think going back to basics isn't always a good thing. The original comics were pretty rough. They're not quite bad but the cartoon overtook it for a reason.

Just a note, there's a special for Lupin (that keeps the camp tone) that comes out about once a month, so I don't think it's just an era divide, especially since Lupin's comedy was always very adult-oriented if camp.

In other news.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/05/14/the-cw-arrow-green-arrow-live-action/

The fact that it isn't a spin-off makes me tentatively hopeful since the  character is a perfect fit for tv.

Also, Game of Thrones director Dave Nutter. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

original.jpg

• You can change. You can.

Speaking of annoucements I've stumbled upon, I heard there's gonna be a "Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe" one shot/what if

i am interested

I'll be starting my highlander liveblog on tumblr. Pop in your own copy and follow along!

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Dammit, I just found out that the release date for Cold Days was delayed :c

fuuuuuuuck

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

fuuuuuuuck

• Has friends besides tanks now

Cold Days

Oh, right, that's the next Dresden Files book, innit?

fuuuuuuuuck

Wait a minute! I already have a huge backlog! This gives me more time to read that shit before it comes out.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yes, that's the next Dresden Files book. It was supposed to come out within a month of my birthday, too :c

• edited 2012-05-14 19:46:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

Well, that stings, I'll grant.

• a little muffled

I am like five books behind so  this doesn't really affect me.

But I guess it's bad that it is being delayed anyway.

Gives me more time to finish Name of The Wind.

gives me more time to stare mournfully at the empty space on my bookshelf where it will sit
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Gives me more time to figure out how the hell to make room for another DF book.
    I'm actually probably just going to get it on my kindle.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I'm getting a kindle for my birthday, but I have all the dresden files books in a nice row.
    I have all the Dresden Files books up to White Night in a nice row. :V
  • a little muffled

I do not own any novels by Jim Butcher, and that's terrible.

gives me more time to stare mournfully at the empty space on my bookshelf where it will sit

I have all the Dresden Files books up to White Night Turn Coat in a nice row. :V

• edited 2012-05-14 21:09:38
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Films/games that have to happen, according to Alex:

• Voltron. Either as a feature film or multiplayer game. Try and tell me it wouldn't be awesome. 

• The heavy metal band Manowar get thrown through time and space, landing in Viking Age Scandinavia. There, they forge a kingdom built on metal, honour, the power of steel and the blood of many worthy adversaries. 

• A strong modern adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula. The 1994 one was terrible. 

• The Christian Apocalypse happens. Enter one Welsh citizen's quest to find King Arthur's grave and awaken him in the nick of time, rising again to defend his people in their hour of greatest need. Exactly as promised. 

• Halo, as reinterpreted via that one bit in Halo Legends about the child soldiers. 

• Warhammer 40k from the perspective of downtrodden Imperial Guardsmen. 

• Why isn't there a Vampire Hunter D game yet? For Christ's sake. 

• An accurate-to-life Renaissance combat game, which means that any weapon may contain a gun if you so desire. Also, robot knights, because Da Vinci honest-to-goodness designed that shit and oh my god history is so cool I can't make this shit up. 

• A sequel to the live-action Mario movie. 

A sequel to the live-action Mario movie.

not enoug whys

i would not play/watch any of those

that's why you and me are best bro and sis. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

No, no, it's not enough that I play a 4/4 beat over a highly active 3/8-5/8 polyrhythm; let's add a fuckton of ghost notes! I don't know how Haake does it.

what

not even the manowar one

or voltron

c'mooon voltron five player co-op

(one person controls the head, and the other four each get one limb)

that would be horribly awkward and annoying

not if you follow my orders >:|

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I would watch a Voltron feature film.