If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

There's not really a program. You just allow downloads from unknown sources and look for alternate places to download the apps online.

• edited 2012-05-12 21:02:34
    a little muffled

@ninjaclown:

You should come up to Canada, the legal drinking age is 18.
    ...No it isn't. Not in Ontario, at least.

Edit: It's eighteen in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec and nineteen everywhere else, according to Wikipedia. I'd always thought it was nineteen everywhere but Quebec.

• Good to live in the ol' western prairies.

• You can change. You can.

no ninjaclown you're not a cowboy

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So I finally figured out how to install unapproved apps onto my kindle. I had to extract it from my smartphone and attach it to an e-mail, using a program called Astro and then I e-mailed to myself and downloaded it onto my kindle.

• a little muffled

Everyone from Alberta is a cowboy, didn't you know.

• edited 2012-05-13 05:37:26
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

There's not really a program. You just allow downloads from unknown sources and look for alternate places to download the apps online.

Oh, okay. Sorry, I got confused; I thought you were trying to set up a superuser on your Kindle.

• edited 2012-05-13 09:28:31

• But you never had any to begin with.

Things I "conveniently" keep forgetting in Portal 2: I have this revolutionary device called a portal gun!

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm starting a reread of The Dresden Files, because I love those books so fucking much and it's been more than a year.

Starting with Fool Moon, though, since I can't find Storm Front anywhere. :V
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

fuck yeah dresden files

why am i still awake

it's 3AM

i have to be up at six thirty

sleep or i'll make you sleep, nova

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

do it

make me

go on

...goddamnit, she called my bluff

i really should sleep anyway

as it is i'm running on only eleven hours of sleep in two days. this will make me run on fifteen hour's sleep over three days

i drank eleven cups of coffee today

this isn't healthy, i'll get fat off of coffee or something

goodnight

eleven cups of coffee? and i thought i was the colombian here

night, nova. dream of lesbians or whatever

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I forgot how infuriating Murphy is in the first couple books. :V

Also, I think Fool Moon is probably the weakest book in the series.
  • a little muffled

Speaking of Dresden Files, I forgot to pick up Proven Guilty from the library yesterday, which was of course the last day to do so, so now I have to put another hold on it and wait another week or so to get it.

Oh well, I'm only halfway through The Well of Ascension, but still, annoying.

>The Well of Ascension

forzareapproves.jpg
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

So, as of a few days ago, I have begun learning the C# programming language.

It begins.

• edited 2012-05-13 16:05:51
    No rainbow star
    INUH: So I am forced to assume that food companies are out to kill anybody with a peanut allergy

Nyktos: Even the cows are cowboys

In general: Cleaning my room is kicking up so much dust that I'm sneezing a ton. And I don't even have an allergy. Oh, and can't forget how the dust bites me

Every damn time I clean my room, the dust is enough that even I can feel what feels like tons of itty bitty bites
  • I'm a damn twisted person

That you know of.

• edited 2012-05-13 16:12:21
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ It's occasionally challenging, but it's also coming together pretty nicely. There's some hurdles to get over and moments of frustration, but ultimately I'm feeling pretty positive about my progress. Not at the "maek gaem" stage yet (and won't be until I've successfully cloned some old classics), but I'm definitely beginning to see the logic of the language and how it might be applied to games. There's some pretty neat stuff to ease the process, too, and C# can take advantage of the XNA framework. 

For instance!

I can create a segment of code known as a "class" which is stored as its own code fragment separate to others (as in, not part of the core code, but locked away in its own little box). I can either call this code in its own literal state, or I can create a new instance of it stored as a separate set of variables. Say I want two objects to behave using the same rules, but I need them to calculate separately. The best way to take care of this is to create a class and use the right "callsign" command to create two instances of it that act via the same rules, but also independently. 

Pretty neat. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Argh, programming. >:-|

Fuckin'... fuckin' curly brackets...

• Ah, programming talk. Trust me, while curly braces are a pain, the alternatives are worse 

Python users disagree, apparently.

But then again, Python. 

• edited 2012-05-13 16:27:36

Ahh, so you're already into classes and objects. While I was learning programming (in Python), it was smooth sailing up until that point.

Maybe I shoud get back to it one of these days.

Ninja edit: ^^, ^ Pfft.