If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Well, I have the benefit of having done some Visual Basic a few years back (but I've forgotten almost all of it by now). I've also been using RPG Maker on and off since I was about ten years old, and my father is a professional programmer. All considered, I have something of a head start in some respects. 

The concept of classes took a while to get used to, but now I pretty much love them. Drawing upon a section of code whenever I damn well please? Hell yes. 

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Python users disagree, apparently.

Ruby users, too.

• I used to write scripts and stuff for mIRC during my teenage years, so I learned about the logic behind programming early on (if not any useful syntax).

Also, I'm kind of ashamed that despite not being too heavily related to the career at large, basic programming (in Fortran) was the only course I aced at uni.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So the new Lupin III is good but it's not... Lupin. It's far too dark and noiry for what I go to Lupin for.

• a little muffled

Oh, hey, cool, the book is actually available for pickup again. I guess I because placed a hold on it before the local branch got around to shipping it back to wherever it's from. Awesome.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    I also started learning very young. I think I became fluent in JavaScript when I was... 13?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

My teacher just got back to me. I might have another block of work experience with the CSU library lined up for September, awesome~

• Has friends besides tanks now

Maaaaan, Physics can fuck itself in the face.

(Just spent most of the day studying instead of being on the road and at the Red Sox game, and I still only got through reading the stack of papers once)

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Physics... fucking suck.

Even though I have 5's in all of my subjects, I still have a 3 in Physics and 2 in Maths, because I really don't want to study them. I can't bring myself to learn all those formulas. I don't have that type of memory.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Physics suck, and I'm so glad i didn't take it. If I hadn't dropped out, I probably wouldn't have graduated.
  • edited 2012-05-13 19:42:59
    Has friends besides tanks now

^ AP, or Honors/CP? I took Honors last year, and it amazingly wasn't that bad. Though it helps that the teacher rarely checked homework. Now that I'm in AP, I look at what a friend in Honors has, and I'm just sitting there with pretty much the same expression on my face as Wapol in my avatar.

By the time I realized how deep in I was this year, it was kinda late to drop the class. Plus, you know, unjustified pride and things to prove to myself and shit.

Good news, though: even if I were to have done poorly on the AP Lit exam (which I think went fine, except for forgetting Randle McMurphy's name in the middle of an essay on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (I called him Red, instead, but I only used the name twice, since the essay was about Chief, so hopefully that's not too bad)), by getting a 5 on the AP Lang exam last year, and participating in Susquehanna's Honors Program, I'm already exempt from the same class I would have received exemption from by acing this year's exam and last year's, if I weren't in the Honors Program.

• > Hating physics

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/SCbohr.JPG" alt="" width="165" height="264" />

GTFO, Niels, nobody likes you.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ AP. Normally, I'd have been fine, but I think the extra workload would have kept me from ever catching up on all of my classes, instead of handing in the last of my makeup work on literally the last day.
  • edited 2012-05-13 20:27:05
    Has friends besides tanks now

I feel sort of silly now, on another note. See, I was also in Honors Chemistry, but the combination of me being a complete fuckup with labs, being really bored with the actual material, and the teacher being kind of a bitch (to combine the latter two points: I lost points on a homework assignment because I didn't show my work on simple math like 57.9/19.3, when I didn't even need a calculator for it) led me to drop that, instead of AP Physics. Boy, was that a silly move, I tell ya.

And AP Physics probably wouldn't be going so poorly if the teacher didn't put me to sleep.

• a little muffled

Physics was the best class I took in high school.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Either I or my lab partner had some sort of aura that made the laws of physics not work right.

I'm mostly joking; three weeks isn't long enough to really develop an opinion on it. I do wish I'd taken it.

^ I got banned from touching the glassware in two desperate science classes.

Oh, well if you only took three weeks of it . . . you probably only covered things like multiple forces, and tension, and shit like that, right? It gets SOOOO MUUUUCH HARDERRRRR. Was your class going to deal with electricity and magnetism? That's where shit begins to hit the fan, partly because intuition doesn't count for anything anymore.

• edited 2012-05-13 20:44:35
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think we were learning about force and acceleration and stuff? I don't really remember. I was at home or in the nurse's office for most of those three weeks anyway.

I do remember doing some electricity freshman year, though. And maybe a little magnetism? Probably not as deep as an actual physics class, though.

There was a bit of e/m in Earth Science, I think, probably, but nothing that I can imagine you would have done Freshman year compares.

• No rainbow star

I remember my MADT Professor saying that we should learn programming

She also said that programming is the one case where plagiarism is encouraged

• I'm a damn twisted person

Man one hour shifts are a fucking joke. I mean it was slow because it was mother's day (like 200 orders in the whole day slow) but fuck work, you could have called and told me not to come in. Oh well, at least I got to hang out with friends and watch Ghost Busters. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Anyone know any trustworthy electronics review sites? I've been trying to figure out whether to get a Galaxy Nexus or an EVO LTE.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Just watched the Hounds of Baskerville episode of Sherlock. Predicted every plot twist. I feel smarter than I probably should.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^I saw the drug-induced hallucination aspect from a mile away so don't feel too arrogant. =P

In any case, I just realized if I were an anime archetype I'd be a harem protagonist.

Not because I attract women (because I don't)

but because I'm a fairly dull individual who would hate his life even if several sexy, rich, superpowered individuals wanted his dick.

• You can change. You can.

The only one I predicted was who the actual killer was. I obviously knew the Hound was an hallucination created...somehow. But the issue is how it was done.

Also, it's funny, the first Sherlock Holmes' playing on my tv (the one with RDJ)

• edited 2012-05-14 00:29:43
    You can change. You can.

By the 1980s, the acclaimed author Alan Moore provided a more cynical reason for [Adam Strange's] visits to Rann. Apparently, the population of the planet, the majority of whom viewed the Terran with contempt, is sterile, and the real reason for Adam's presence is to be a breeding stud.

You know, it's amusing when Alan Moore just acts like his stereotyped self.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

GTFO, Niels, nobody likes you.

Do you mean to say he's a Bohr?

Do you mean to say he's a Bohr?

pfthahahahahaha

In other news, I had a nap while at school, because I'm pretty much done with all my subjects. I woke up for a couple of minutes to hear two of my friends, sitting on my desk, chatting about hookah smoking, and promptly go back to sleep.

I dreamt that I was in a desert, surrounded by minaret-like buildings with magical auras and with oriental music playing in the background. There were flying carpets flying all around me, each of them carrying a hookah pipe.

It's the most trippy dream I had in a while.