If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I just wrote the beginning of a sonata-form movement.  Here's what I have so far: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14074925/Sonatina (beginning).mid

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-04-30 23:16:12

Sonata what now? Yes, I never really read that music theory book other than the first few days.

Other than sounds nice, I can't really give much feedback. :/

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, time for bed.

I got up to five layers of the bottom of my bag, even after having to start over at one point. This is fun.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Drank Irn-Bru for the first time. It would appear that I like it.

• Y'know Irn-Bru is God's Heavenly sweat, right? 

I know that now, yes, but given the controversial opinions on the drink, I couldn't be sure until I actually tried it for myself.

• So am I correct in guessing that you live in England?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

He lives in Australia.

He lives in Australia.

Indeed I do.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Man that's like, what, 5 Aussies here in IJBM?

Me, Legionnaire, Nova, MadassAlex... am I missing anybody?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

"How do you say, 'Gee, I'm really sorry I tortured you nearly to death?'"

Heh. I really do love this show.

"What if I can't say it? There's some things you can't just take back, no matter how sorry you are, right?"

"Yeah. There are. I've got some experience in that area."

"Right. And you've been doing this for a hundred years, I'm not gonna make it through the next ten minutes."

"So make it through the next five. The next minute."

"I don't think I can."

"Yes, you can."

"God, it hurts. I hate that it hurts like this."

"Oh well, it's supposed to hurt. All that pain, all that suffering you've caused is coming back on you. Feel it. Deal with it. Then maybe you got a shot at being free."

The writing in the comic actually sounds like the writing in the show, too. Nice.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

What show is this, Nova?

I would presume Angel.

• We're learning this in guitar.

I can't tell you how much nostalgia this hits me with.

^^It sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it.

It was a conversation between Angel and Faith in Sanctuary, from Season One.

Angel is a really great show. As much as people bitch about the wangst, it really does treat dealing with pain and guilt almost perfectly.

• @Conversation a few pages back: Game Design and Development is an actual study that also pays attention to gameplay-theoretical aspects, at least over here.

I really like Angel. I've seen nearly every episode of the show- in order, too!

I'm just on a Faith kick right now, so I'm rewatching the episodes from the show that feature/star her.

Fun fact. I got the first season on DVD and got my dad hooked. He ten bought the rest and we watched every episode together.

He hated Connor too.

Everybody hates Connor. He sucks.

Connor is like a combination of everything people hated about teenage mecha protagonists with everything people hated about 90s comic superheroes.

Connor is like, all the annoying traits of a teenager put into a package and bundled up.

Well, it's more the way that Connor's plotline developed. In order to further an artificial sense of drama, we were shown what truly happened in the circumstances, but Connor was led to hate Angel, and the show encouraged this hatred to grow to the point that Connor literally tried to murder him several times.

It's like, maybe if they'd left what had actually happened to whatsisface ambiguous for a while, so that the audience didn't know what had happened to him either and maybe Angel really was responsible, and then after the reveal Connor stopped, you know, wanting to murder the sympathetic protagonist of the show for bullshit reasons, maybe people woulda liked him better.

• To be or not to be? That is the question.

I find Nyaruko-san good, but if H.P. Lovecraft sees this... He would be rolling on his grave.

• edited 2012-05-01 08:04:39
    Has friends besides tanks now

In spite of the Welcome to the N.H.K. novel not being nearly as well-executed as the anime (it really loses a lot by being unable to portray Satou's insanity in a visual and auditory medium, and I don't remember Satou's inner thoughts being so annoying, as narration), it's been a pretty easy read so far. I'm about halfway through it.

I think I'm ruining my body with this constant losing-weight-then-overeating-and-gaining-weight-to-compensate-then-repeating-the-cycle thing.

I'd offer suggestions but I've been consistently underweight so...

And I'd rather not be underweight! But I'd also rather not be overweight. If it came down to a choice, I'd rather be underweight, though.

But I dunno! I just keep going through this damned cycle. I'll get myself up to a decent weight range, maybe a little heavier than I need to be because it makes me feel like a bear hibernating for the winter, but then something'll happen, or someone will say something, and all of a sudden I just... stop feeling hungry. And then my weight plummets, and bam, a week or two later, I'm back down to barely weighing over fifty kilograms.