If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• No worries, don't really want to waste any breath on it. Nice to see you too!

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Hello, Cute. It is good to see you.

You can find more of us here, if you want to.

• Good to see you again too, old friend.

And I was juuuust about to create an account there, actually.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Man, the whole Ryusei cockblocking Gentarou because he doesn't trust the new crazy-eyes paramour is great.

It's probably also making the yaoi fangirls super gleeful.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Hey does anybody else find that they perceive their house as being a bit more spacious or roomy after going on a cleaning bender?

Well, yeah. There's less stuff everywhere, taking up space.

• No rainbow star

I miss Untalkative Bunny

• Malkavian: post in the thread, you bastard.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Watched Real Steel. It was pretty cool.

robots boxing fuck yeah

• Damn straight.

If the match woulda gone on for another like, five seconds, they woulda won, too.

• Hello hello, cute!

• We may see a new influx of people here, for reasons some may be aware of, but I won't explicitly mention because I don't want to import drama.

• But you never had any to begin with.
    It's odd. Despite all the subtext in Mouretsu Space Pirates, I never actually expected a lesbian relationship.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The whole 'they're like a prince and princess' thing was all but confirmation.

Still, a canon one is pretty cool.

It's odd. Despite all the subtext in Mouretsu Space Pirates, I never actually expected a lesbian relationship.

I'd complain about spoilers, but /u/ has been brimming with talk of it for days.

• But you never had any to begin with.

"A series has a lesbian relationship" doesn't really strike me as a spoiler, at least if you don't name the characters involved.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Saw The Avengers today. 

Good movie. A lot of fun action scenes and good jokes. Unfortunately, six core protagonists ensure that the film feels a bit disconnected at times despite the plot being very easy to follow. While it's a good action movie in its own right, The Avengers is also complete nerd bait with some of its action scenes. Some characters are just more interesting than others, though. Thor was a little disappointing given the hilarity of his own movie, while Stark and Captain America hog a lot of the screen time. Bruce Banner is probably the most interesting of the lot and more could have been done with him. Romanov is awesome to watch in action, but even better when she's playing detective. Hawkeye comes in as the least interesting for me, given he didn't have the tension associated with Banner, the cheesy metal glory of Thor, the snark of Stark, the time and value shenanigans of Captain America or Romanov's cleverness. He seems better suited to a darker story, whereas The Avengers is about a group of heroes saving the world from nasty aliens led by a Norse god. 

It's certainly worth a watch, it's a strong action movie, and it's a great superhero movie, but I think it falls well short of being a masterpiece. While I presume its box office takings have been generous and will continue to be so, I suspect it'll ultimately be remembered as a cult classic for it's strength as both a general action movie and it's exceeding greatness for a movie with a lot of content aimed specifically at fans. Better than Sam Raimi's Spiderman films (which I consider to be between "okay" and "pretty good" depending on the movie) by a long shot, but it's not Christopher Nolan's Batman either. This is the kind of film Marvel fans in particular will probably return to for a long time and see as a success in bringing their heroes to life in context of an accessible, fun, exciting film. 

I can't really see The Avengers as a film concept ever coming to masterpiece status given how it has to shift between six major protagonists, but then again The Lord Of The Rings did exactly that with nine, so what do I know? One thing that would certainly help it is cutting down the introductions somewhat -- it wouldn't seem crazy to me that one or two of those who would become the Avengers would be "signed up" at the beginning (or near the beginning) of the film already, so when an initial character is introduced to the domestic "hero base" setting, we can also get introductions to other characters already in that environment. 

"A series has a lesbian relationship" doesn't really strike me as a spoiler, at least if you don't name the characters involved.

Not a particularly heavy spoiler, but-

ah, whatever. I don't care; there's lesbians, so I'm good.

• To be or not to be? That is the question.

I don't really mind lesbians, to be honest.

Mind, or like?

Also:

Alex

goddammit

entire thread for this shit

use it

but then again The Lord Of The Rings did exactly that with nine, so what do I know?

LotR had at least three times the amount of screentime. It's easier to have a bigger scope when you have more time to show it in.

Not that Avengers would have been a particularly epic movie anyway. I'm just sayin'.

I liked the movie, personally, but it isn't the greatest movie ever.

• To be or not to be? That is the question.

@Nova: Mind. I'm really okay with lesbian couples... *CoughMarisaXAliceCough*

Welp

Everyone here either knows of my enthusiasm on the topic or needs to lurk more.

But yes. I definitely do not mind them at all, thus me being content with them and dropping the subject.

• edited 2012-05-02 07:43:57
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read
    Lesbians make the world go around.
  • Alex: Would you say that Avengers is watchable without having seen all of the lead-in movies? (I'm missing Thor and Captain America, iirc)

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I was missing The Hulk and Captain America and followed it just fine. It's not really a sequel in any general plot sense; it's just a movie that happens to have continuity with other movies. 

Alex: Would you say that Avengers is watchable without having seen all of the lead-in movies? (I'm missing Thor and Captain America, iirc)

You might get confused at some of the stuff about Thor and Loki if you haven't seen Thor, but beyond that, while they add context, they're not necessary.

• Cool, thanks both of you. :)

• Hey Nova, did you guys ever finish watching Noir?

• re:spoilers in Moretsu Pirates;  Yes it is a spoiler, and I haven't been able to watch the episode yet! D:

Oh well, I don't really mind that much.  No use getting worked up about it.

Hey Nova, did you guys ever finish watching Noir?

Nope. Scheduling conflicts, for the most part. Well, I watched a couple more episodes on my lonesome, but I've been gaming mostly, recently. Why?