If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-04-26 17:12:20
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

88823.jpg

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^ Genius.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

i completely lost it at the last one

• No rainbow star

^^^ But Winter is coming!

• You can change. You can.

Forzare: Whoever made that image is a gentleman and a scholar. 

• edited 2012-04-26 18:52:25
    Loser

Everest,

By the way, has anyone here read Mrs. Dalloway? Is it worth reading, or should I speedread it like I did with A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man?

I am not really sure what your tastes are when it comes to books, but my impression of Mrs. Dalloway is that it was pretty depressing and somewhat difficult to understand (partly because of style). Speedreading it might not be the best idea though because it tends to switch between perspectives a lot and there is plenty of "below the surface" stuff in there.

I guess it kind of depends on what you need to read it for and whether you tend to be good at reading in between the lines.

• edited 2012-04-26 18:56:28
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^ Okay. Luckily, it's short, and the font is quite large, so I guess it wouldn't be an issue anyway. Thanks.
  • edited 2012-04-26 19:15:30

Christ, Romney even looks like Stannis. Whoever made that picture deserves a medal.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Well, a friend just tried to scam me with that "World Ventures" bullsht over Facebook.

I am angry. Very, very angry. Tell me, IJBM, what kind of punishment does he deserve?

cut his balls off. feed them to the goats

in other news: AVR is in my computer. Time to spend the next two hours modifying my decks.

• edited 2012-04-26 19:52:54
    Diet NEET

>meeting with committee, plan was to go out afterwards, everybody brings booze

>meeting lasts for hours, everyone too tired to actually go out afterwards

What a wasted opportunity.

• edited 2012-04-26 20:16:47
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

To me some slavic nations don't belong to the white race - like South Slavs and East Slavs. Bulgarians, Macedonians, Serbs and Croats don't really have light skin, eyes and hair. Their mentality is not too european I'd say, maybe that's the result of Ottoman occupation. The same can be said about Russians (tatar+slavic+mongol mix) and eastern Ukrainians (turkic cossacks). Look at the current mayor of Moscow - he's considered white in Russia but for western people he looks kinda alien. The way they manage their countries shows an alien mentality too. The only fully white Slavs imho are Czechs, Slovaks, Poles, Slovenes, Belarusians (former Lithuanians) and western Ukrainians.

Hitler would be proud. And a Pole wrote this, oh the irony.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Hope you don't mind if I borrow that image and put it up on mah Facebook, Forzabro.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Nah, it's not like I made it myself or anything.
  • edited 2012-04-26 20:55:44

Damn, two days for one of my grades to come back. Usually it takes one week, and sometimes even two.

• edited 2012-04-27 02:07:17

Played the demo of Dragon's Dogma.

Doesn't seem to be as fun as Monster Hunter.  Probably not worth $60.

On the other hand, being able to pick up and throw your allies is hilarious.

Anyway, I do want to play the game, but the demo didn't show off enough of the game to convince me to pay full price for it, so I'll wait until it's cheaper.

• edited 2012-04-27 00:18:10
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

phones are annoying to grammar

I also bought myself a USB-plug headset for $40. And now I can talk to people, ahaha. sucks to be y'all

• That only works if they want to talk to you.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Or if they need to for some reason.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Just found this Kickstarter, which looks very interesting, but looks like it's iffy if it will succeed, so I'm trying to spread the word a bit. Fortunately, Kickstarter doesn't collect money unless the projects succeed, so there's no real risk in pledging, but I still want it to succeed.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Pre-ordered Dragon's Dogma today. Also bought Mount and Blade, and Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword. Was looking for Tales games in the Wii section of EB and JB Hi-Fi, too, but neither place had any. As usual, it was mostly super-casual titles, which is a shame because the Wii has some really great "hardcore" games, too. 

• edited 2012-04-27 00:57:58
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Just found this Kickstarter, which looks very interesting, but looks like it's iffy if it will succeed

Damn, I really wish I could pledge something :(

• edited 2012-04-27 00:58:33
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Hmmm...I want DD, but I'm not sure I can afford to preorder it right now...and looks like my dad changed our family's password on the bank website without telling me. Again. -_-

^You could do the next best thing and tell people about it :D

I was going to reserve some tickets for the avengers tomorrow, but the site ain't working. shit. >:[

• No rainbow star
    I still want to make a kickstarter but I have no idea how much it would cost to pay some programmers ("some" as in, "I have no idea how many"), how long it would take to complete such a project to at least a playable level, etc.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah, that stuff is all pretty important.

And generally, you want a working prototype or something else to show off before launching the kickstarter if you want any hope of succeeding.

• edited 2012-04-27 01:03:42
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

The way to do it for an indie project, I think, would be to develop enough of the game for a demo, preview videos and other pre-release stuff and provide that on the Kickstarter page. That way, people can see that actual work has gone into the product, and perhaps even that it's pretty good. 

Demos usually emerge towards the end of development cycles, but if you could establish some basic game assets and get the core system working to a level that represents the general gameplay experience, you could put together 30-60 minutes of gameplay and let 'em have it. 

ninuh'd

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

^You could do the next best thing and tell people about it :D

Already posted it to Facebook. Hopefully, some people there will pass it on further.

I was going to reserve some tickets for the avengers tomorrow, but the site ain't working. shit. >:[

Guess who's going to see that in a few hours~

• I'm looking forward to seeing that tomorrow. And buying some stuff before it. And getting a hotdog after it.

Really I'd go just for the hot dog.

They're good hot dogs.