If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-04-21 20:45:43

I love Rold-Gold pretzels. I don't like the other kinds though. I especially dislike Snyder's.

And I don't like the big ones. COME AT ME BRO

• edited 2012-04-21 20:45:21
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Hard pretzels aren't that bad, especially the big sourdough kind. They are nothing compared to the soft ones though.

Though Everest, why aren't you eating normal Goldfish? >:(

• I actually don't think I've ever had a soft pretzel.

And hard pretzels are pretty terrible so I guess I just have a very               un-positive experience of pretzels. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>i liked Superman Returns >:/

And what part, exactly, did you like? The part when Superman spent 20 minutes hovering in the air emoing out and coveting Lois' boyfriend because he was a deadbeat father? The part where all the action scenes were Superman lifting things which addition to lacking tension and also having no sense of weight? The part where normally career-driven Lois was a sopping mess obsessed with smoochies with Superman? The part where not a single thing that happened in the movie had any narrative resolution? The part where Lex Luthor's plan was basically to make a huge island of barren radioactive rock to sell?

As much as I hate Zak Snyder I can't actually see his Superman movie be worse.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Hard pretzels are great, damn it.

• Talking to a friend is making a bit more interested in Monster Hunter now. Would like to try.

• You definitely should.  While it is ultimately a grindfest, the core gameplay is extremely fun, and it's one of few games where I actually liked playing online.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    ^^^^ um

uh

....yes?

^^ Everything DYRE just said.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Hard pretzels are okay snack food, but the big soft ones are the shit.
  • edited 2012-04-21 20:57:00
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

Talking to a friend is making a bit more interested in Monster Hunter now. Would like to try.

Yeah, I have to third that Monster Hunter is really good. 

You know how I'm a stickler for realistic swordsmanship stuff? 

Fuck that. Monster Hunter's combat is so well-designed, fun and engaging that realism couldn't really contribute to it. It's the best game about hunting monsters out there right now, which is pretty high praise considering how good the Witcher games are. 

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-04-21 21:01:01

I was initially interested because it remind me a bit of Jurassic Park and How to Train Your Dragon. Don't really care about the Witcher though.

• edited 2012-04-21 20:59:32

As much as I hate Zak Snyder I can't actually see his Superman movie be worse.

Wait, Zack Snyder is directing the new Superman movie? Shit. If I cared about comics than that would really piss me off. I liked Superman Returns, but I was 11 when I watched it so I probably wouldn't nowadays. 

Anyway, IJBM: my friend keeps spamming his FaceBook account with Memebase pictures that aren't even that funny. And the stupid thing is, he's a cool guy otherwise, probably my best friend. Ugh.

^^ I hated the original Witcher. It was so boring. Setting your story in a dreary, drab Dark Ages country-side is realistic, I guess, but doesn't really grab your attention. Haven't played the second one.

• Dragon's Dogma is looking pretty good, and it is similar to both Dark Souls and Monster Hunter.

• Now I kind of want to play Monster Hunter with IJBMers... >.>

• edited 2012-04-21 21:00:19
    We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    ^^^^ Imagine Jurrasic Park, except Jeff Goldblum fucks up the Tyrannosaurus with a gigantic sword.

That's Monster Hunter.
  • LaiLai
    edited 2012-04-21 21:00:33

I'm the newbie that inevitably gets everyone killed. :D

^ THIS. This is why I'm interested in Monster Hunter.

• edited 2012-04-21 21:01:27

^^^ Likewise, although I only have Tri. 

That said, Monster Hunter's combat is about measurement and patience. More tactics than technique, despite being real time, but that's why I like it. 

• Well, I have Tri too, so... >.>

Although I actually haven't played it much and also haven't played it in a long time so both my character and me as a player suck. 

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    I consider myself at least halfway decent, though I haven't played in a while...
  • edited 2012-04-21 21:02:21

^^ Again, likewise. 

Also, connection to Australia? We'd lag one-another out, and not kill any monsters. 

• Also, connection to Australia? We'd lag one-another out, and not kill any monsters. 

Well, yeah, there's that. :/

• edited 2012-04-21 21:11:44
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

^^^ Likewise, although I only have Tri. 

Hey, I own it too.

I just suck at it really, really badly, especially the underwater segments. I'd get you killed very fast.

• I'll take it as a challenge to see how fast I can get everyone else killed.

After that though, time to start playing seriously.

So, what is considered a nice starting point for Monster Hunter?

• edited 2012-04-21 22:05:30
    Loser

Everest (from the top of the last page),

I am not sure about interesting commentary, but I think most people would say that blowing a 9 to 0 lead near the end of game like the Red Sox did is pretty awful. Losing to the Yankees like that probably makes it worse to some too though some of that may just be how hyped up those two teams are.

• edited 2012-04-21 21:14:02

^^ I started with (and have only played) Tri, and that was just fine. 

• edited 2012-04-21 21:14:26

@ Lai: Dragon's Dogma =P

Never mind that it's not out yet and isn't technically a Monster Hunter game.

• But that's not Monster Hunter! D:> [/Pedantic]

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Anyway, I'ma go play TOR.

I'm considering just making a thread for it so that I don't shit up this thread/everyone's PM box about it.

• edited 2012-04-21 21:17:25
    We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    @ Lai: Tri's the only one with online that you can get without importing, so...

Also, free camera control is wonderful thing to have.

• I'll take it as a challenge to see how fast I can get everyone else killed.

After that though, time to start playing seriously.

This is the inverse of what happens whenever I play SWAT 4 with my friends.