If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Bought Catherine, Halo 3, Game of Thrones season 1 on Blu Ray, and the first Evangelion Rebuild movie on Blu ray.

yeah I got kind of carried away
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, you got some awesome stuff, at least.

And Halo 3 too :P

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Holy crap thread hop 12 pages.

@CentralAvenue: What's with Merritt Parkway and how it has totally different sign styles and fonts from West Cross Parkway north of it and Hutchinson River Parkway south of it, both of which have standard highway sign style?

• You can change. You can.

Morena Baccarin's boobs are in my TV.

there's a god

And I'm quite the shallow man, yes

• >not referring to bros as pansy beta faggots

You and I can never be friends, then. :(

>Using the words "pansy beta faggots"

>One after the other

I'm sure that's just taking grammar down to an alley and raping it. 

• > Implying that a pansy alpha faggot would be something to aspire to being

• edited 2012-04-20 16:03:48
    Has friends besides tanks now
    Wouldn't "pansy alpha faggot" be a contradiction in terms (going by 4chan's usage of each word, at least)?
  • edited 2012-04-20 17:39:51
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    At my redneckland house. There's now only 3G in one room instead of two.

So, finished Seven Soldiers. The ending was a bit...uh...I dunno, over the place? I guess that closing seven storylines would do that, but still. But this was definetly more about the build up than the actual war.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Sometimes the Light-Side choices in The Old Republic make me feel like shit.

There was this quest on Coruscant, where some people loyal to the True Republic asked me to steal some documents, because the guy they were being delivered to was going to make a political push to ally the Republic with the Sith. Only, one of the Senator's aides caught me, and he pointed out that in stealing them, not only was I betraying the Way of the Jedi, but I was also stealing everyone's right to choose. (The other thing he didn't point out but I noticed was that I was showing an utter lack of faith in everyone.)

So I gave him his package back.

I have never felt worse for gaining Light-Side Points.

• No rainbow star

Oh, I was reminded recently of how, when my sister was 4, she was the one who made me finally figure out how to tell when a pot of water is boiling while the lid is closed

God I feel so incompetent sometimes

• I have never felt worse for gaining Light-Side Points.

I still remember the scene on Tatooine in the first game; a woman who's lost her husband begs you to buy a plate (I believe it was from the skull of a creature) for 500 credits since she doesn't have a license to sell it. The Darkside option is to demand she give it to you for free (by various means). The light-side is to give her the 500 she wants. The ultra-lightside is to give her that, plus 200 more.

I liked that choice.

• a little muffled

I would think the ultra-lightside choice would be to give her the money without asking for anything in return.

It was prolly an ugly plate, anyway

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Fusch: The faggy anime game comment is from an inside joke because when I bought Catherine the clerk called it that and it amused me for sime twisted reason.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I still remember the scene on Tatooine in the first game

Some of the Light-Side choices in this game are pretty tough. There's one scene on Tython where you're asked to help a guy lift a rock, because he can't do it. You have to meditate and then lift the rock.

However, the Padawan's master comes over and tells both of you off, because he wasn't supposed to lift the rock; it was supposed to be a test of perseverance.

You're left with two options; you can either take the blame, or let the kid take the fall and not become a Jedi. If you choose to take the fall, and thus let the kid remain a Jedi, you gain Dark-Side points for lying.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

The faggy anime game comment is from an inside joke because when I bought Catherine the clerk called it that and it amused me for sime twisted reason.

Oh, okay. Forgive me, I have only been here for 3 days.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

No no. It's cool. I just wanted to explain the joke to you.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    As someone who hasn't actively taken an interest in Cracked in a while, I'm really liking John Cheese's articles.
  • John Cheese is my favourite writer. He's like an inverse David Wong.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

His "life lessons" can get pretty grating, if you ask me. He's, for now, still leagues above Wong though.

• No rainbow star

Nova: Really?

That IS rough. But I guess in line with the movies (Anakin DID get emotional, which helped lead to his downfall, and did dark actions because of his emotions...)

Nova: Really?

Yeah. The game is set a long time before the movies, so the Jedi are still determined to cut themselves off from emotion. They must be cold, unreasoning logic machines.

• The Jedi are fairly dickish up until Luke's founds his new Jedi order in...11ABY, IIRC.

Funnily enough, Luke's Jedi order arguably works better in 30 years than the old Jedi order did in 30 centuries.

The Jedi, from what I've seen here, have lost a lot of what made their Order great in the first place, and their Order wasn't so great even back then.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    Still beats the Sith, I tell you hwut.
  • Well when you consider the Order isn't really the Order per se and is what the companions of the Exile rebuilt after the first Great Jedi Purge (I believe it is, at least)...

Still beats the Sith, I tell you hwut.

In much the same way a sprained ankle beats a shattered kneecap.

Also, how did I just get Social Points for this quest? I did it on my own!

And this quest also marks the first time I've deliberately chosen an option that gives me Dark-Side points. (There's a mission, Crisis in Galactic City, where you have to stop an attack on the Republic Headquarters. You find a holorecording during it that implicates one of the senators as taking money from gangsters, and you take it to her to consider what to do. The thing is, the Senator really is a good person, and she's trying her best to help the city- she thought that the issue would lead to assassination attempts on her person, not to war. You can either reveal the holorecording to the public, earning you Light-Side points and destroying her efforts to rebuild Coruscant, or destroy it, earning you Darrk-Side points and keeping her in her position.)

• edited 2012-04-20 21:20:58
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Also, how did I just get Social Points for this quest? I did it on my own!

We're you grouped up when you turned it in?

Anyway, when I play, I generally like to make up personalities and motivations for my characters, and base my decisions on that rather than Light/Dark.

Like, my Imperial Agent was taking mostly light side choices up until chapter 2. Then (without spoiling anything) something happened in the story that pissed me/the character off so much (in a good way), that I started taking a lot more dark options, and now she's pretty much gray.