If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Magicka's pretty interesting, but I'd like it more if it wasn't so poorly optimized.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

>Decide I should watch Lost sometime
    >Go on Hulu
    >It says I have to pay

Er...wasn't Hulu being outcompeted by Netflix when it was free? I don't think the solution to that problem is to give people another reason not to use Hulu.

• I always thought of it as NBC, Fox and ABC (partial owners of Hulu) trying to wring more money out of the site/slowly kill it to protect their conventional television business.

• Has friends besides tanks now

A whole town is going to be auctioned off, with a starting price of $100,000

>college/pre-college kids pitching money in to buy a town

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Ah, didn't know they actually owned it. Yeah, conflicting interests would certainly explain it.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^>college/pre-college kids pitching money to buy a town the middle of fucking Wyoming.

• Why would anyone want to buy anything in Wyoming.

• http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/chicks-on-anime/2009-08-25

Interesting read. Key parts I liked were the bit about shounen and shoujo only being publishing terms and the part about how Tezuka is so widely revered and then girls realize the sexism within (though I haven't seen his stuff, so I can't properly judge). In general, that's the thing that always bugged me about some "great" works: how do you evaluate them while considering people who aren't white men? And that thing about "guy" works being aimed at both genders while "girl" works are more one-sided. Society in general could benefit from not forcing so much male posturing.

I must confess, though, my reasons for being attracted to shoujo are shallow. I find the manga artwork so pretty. 

• edited 2012-04-01 22:39:28
    No rainbow star

^^ Because they can?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Oh hey look a new movie about greek mythology. Maybe I'll

(Hades is the bad guy)

Nope. I'm out.

• Seems like you're not missing much anyway.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Hey Hades as the bad guy in Disney's Hercules was great. Granted it wasn't really big on sticking to Greek myths in general, but hey awesomely corny bad guy who has blue fire for hair. Rock on Disney!Hades. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You know, I watched Wrath of the Titans, and I will just say that at least in it, Hades wasn't the ultimate villain and is a decent guy in it.

Really that seems to be Hades' selling point in Greek mythology. He isn't as bad as the rest of the gods, and is mostly decent, abduction of Persephone aside. 

Okay Nova. Here are two questions. 1) Will I rage at the inaccuracies (Then again I like the first GoW) and 2) does awesome stuff happen?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

He did team up with Ares to capture Zeus at first, in order to obtain immortality from Chronos, but ultimately, he can't bear to actually kill his brother, and when Perseus frees Zeus, Hades appears with him and gives him most of his power so that Zeus can live. The two of them help the army fight Chronos. Ultimately, Zeus dies and Hades is reduced to having literally no power.

Malk - keep in mind the first God of War game is a straight up Greek tragedy mixed with power fantasy. It's an easy sell when done right. 

Okay Nova. Here are two questions. 1) Will I rage at the inaccuracies (Then again I like the first GoW) and 2) does awesome stuff happen?

Yes and sort of.

It's not a very good movie. Basically, it's a good spectacle movie. The action is a bit better than in Clash of the Titans, but that's really everything good about it.

It forgot to actually make me care about the situation, really. Characters died and I was supposed to be sad, but they had literally thirty seconds of screentime and were flat characters, and all the action took place in remote places nobody actually lived in so as far as I could tell, the only people alive on the planet are Perseus' village and the army.

The bit I posted above was really the only bit of heart the movie actually had, sadly enough.

I'll wait for it to come on bargain DVD.

• No rainbow star

IJBM: How people draw cleavage as a Y shape

It doesn't do that unless squished together :<

• Definitely not gay.

Hey, anyone still here?

Things I learned today: My mother has been disappointed in me since I was born because I wasn't born a girl.

It's just like, HAHAHA ARE YOU FUCKIN' SERIOUS.

There should be like, a dedicated board to stop the irony levels from building this high, srsly.

• Definitely not gay.

-pat pat pat-

• I actually did believe you for a second. It was that plausible, if the Insecurity thread is to be believed.

• No rainbow star
    ^ It's not april fools day anymore, though