If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-04-01 00:22:00
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

@Alex: Seconded.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I mean... I thought conservatives wanted to pay LESS money. Doesn't everyone?

I would think so to, but I think they're writing this off as campaign/political activity expenditures.

• You can change. You can.

Nah, it was our Fearless and Identityless Leader.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Nah, I think the best April Fool's day prank would be to switch everybody's avatar to a golden apple. Or maybe an golden apple and a pentagon inside a circle with a curvy line between them. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ done.

• No rainbow star

^ *Applauds*

• edited 2012-04-01 00:53:43
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

In any case, I see you all are already appreciating the recent change of decor.  Today, we honor Anti-Finesse Dogs.

[20:57:42] we should do something on ijbm for AFD
    [20:58:01] anti-finesse dogs?

• edited 2012-04-01 01:13:07
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

DYRE: The resolution should have been halfway through the run, the manga was adapted out of order. And really I was watching it for the side characters.

• edited 2012-04-01 06:27:17
    if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

^^ Wait, what?

From Max Barry:

Since NationStates successfully achieved its primary financial goal of not sending me broke, it's time for the next step: an IPO! All the big gaming companies are doing it.

But unlike them, we're not just interested in making out like bandits while crapping all over our playerbase. No, our IPO is different: we're giving stock to you, the players!

For a limited time only, you can claim 1 share in NationStates Corporation Pty Ltd for every million citizens in your nation. Also, as kind of a last-minute thing, you can trade shares with other nations.

I have, of course, assigned myself a sufficient number of shares to ensure that I remain the largest shareholder. Obviously, we can't have the lunatics running the asylyum. That would be a disaster.

Probably April Fools, but whatever.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Best April Fools prank

(well not really but I like it)

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

goddammit everyone has shifted positions in the timestream.

stop being an hour in front.

behind.

WHATEVER.

Stop making me calculate timezones again :|

• DYRE: The resolution should have been halfway through the run, the manga was adapted out of order. And really I was watching it for the side characters.

The resolution... should have been at the end because it is the resolution...

I haven't read the manga, but it seems like adapting it out of order would be the logical choice if you only have 12 episodes and want to make it... not suck.  A plot that works for a longer series like a manga series won't necessarily work without changes in a 1 quarter TV series.  It's like what the first season of Haruhi did, although in that it was also presented as being out of order in the TV series, but the same idea applies.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Well, Fucking Amal was a good movie. One of the few lesbian-oriented movies that didn't feature a bad end. And it was in Swedish, too, so that was also good.

now to go to bed because it's 1 AM midnight

• edited 2012-04-01 12:15:01
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

DYRE, the resolution being postponed for the sake of fitting to the time frame made Ririchiyo's character come off as more dense and wallowy than she actually is. Also, it's a different case, Haruhi was made out of order out of some artistic stunt besides taking the resolution to the end. And having the resolution in the middle does not make it inherently suck.

• You know, looking over the trainwreck that is the Arkh project, I didn't know the process of including varied genders and ethnicities was so complicated. I always thought of it as come up with the basic personality and think about what background would make said character most interesting. If one is too used to thinking of white male as default, then consider if the character necessarily has to be white and male.

• I really don't think Haruhi's anachronic order was done for any artistic reason.  I think it was presented that way, because that fits the director's tastes, but it really felt like the main reason for doing it was that they didn't want the main story arc to be over after episode 6 or 7 and have the rest of the show be what feels like filler in comparison.  In the 2009 version, there was less of a need to do that because 1.) they had more material in general, and 2.) they probably expected that most of the people watching had already seen it before, so the pacing of the parts of the show they've already seen matters less.  And apparently of the parts they haven't already seen either, if Endless Eight is any indication.

In any case, after thinking a bit, you are right that it's not necessarily bad for the resolution to be in the middle of the series.  I think Saki (to use the only example that comes to mind right now...) finished its main story arc like 3/4 of the way through and it was much better off for it.  But I still don't really think I would have liked it that way in this show specifically...

Granted, it ultimately wouldn't matter much to me either way, since I was pretty much only watching the show because Ririchiyo and Karuta are cute, and because Aki Toyosaki is in the show, albeit in a very minor role.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

SHOUKIN KAGEROU! was the best character, trufax!

• edited 2012-04-01 13:39:27

I liked him too, actually.

Sometimes.

I alternated between liking him and being extremely irritated by him.

If nothing else though, I did like him more than Watanuki and Miketsukami and Yukinokouji, so that's... something.  Maybe.

Miketsukami irks me more than he should and the only reason you didn't like Nobara was that she's an adult, go read the manga, her reincarnation as the moment of the time skip is a teen still./opinionated.

• the only reason you didn't like Nobara was that she's an adult,

Nope, not really.  It's her personality that irritates me.  Plus, I like... some adult characters... in some shows...

Her personality is that of a pervy otaku, I know.

• edited 2012-04-01 14:20:13

Exactly!  And, well... yeah, I just don't like her much as a result.

Unrelatedly and of no concern to anyone: I have no clue what the moral of this week's episode of Smile Precure! is supposed to be.  That you should be careful about what kind of things you say on April Fool's day?  Or that it doesn't really matter since your friends will forgive you anyway?  Or that Miyuki is in love with Yayoi?(shush, let me imagine what I want. >.>)

• Kichigai birthday!!

So.....

Yeah

• Kichigai birthday!!

The shining moment is when he deletes the BEN file and replaces it with SWAGGG, that and all the butthurt fans

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Change username - y/n?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Just a random thought I thought I'd share. Social contract, Polish version: we hate them and they hate us. :)

• To be or not to be? That is the question.

It's been a long time since I was here...

Anyways, I played Magicka, and the best weapon is there: The M60.