If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

So, I just went and watched Wrath of the Titans with my brother and grandfather.

It.... sucked.

It was so busy being a grand action-y spectacle that it forgot to make me give a fuck about anything that was actually happening. All my fucks fell out of my ears along with my brain.

• You have a brain?

Anyway, just watched the last Persona 4 anime episode. I'm really disappointed they went with the second best ending, even though it was quite badass in the way they presented it.

• You can change. You can.

>Entering a theater playing Wrath of the Titans with fucks in your head

should've left them at home, kiddo.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You have a brain?

Well, not any more.

• Goddamn I go away for one minute in which it occurs to me to go back and change that to "had" and when I come back you've already responded.

Bleh.

Hey, guys, who has 2 thumbs and fails at jokes

--points thumbs at Legionnaire--

• Hey guys, who has 2 thumbs and hasn't had an original joke since you first met him?

--points thumbs at Legionnaire--

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

So, I just went and watched Wrath of the Titans with my brother and grandfather.

It.... sucked.

I'm not surprised.  Clash was a pretty terrible movie.

Hey, Clash was a good movie! Let's just pretend that the remake never happened and that Wrath was just a sequel that came out of nowhere. If we pretend it hard enough, it'll be true!

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ I probably should have clarified. I like the original, but Clash the remake sucked.

No, see, I know what you meant. All I'm saying is that I like to pretend that there wasn't a remake, that's all. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Anyway, just watched the last Persona 4 anime episode. I'm really disappointed they went with the second best ending, even though it was quite badass in the way they presented it.

Word is that the true ending will be DVD only.

^^ oh
  • No rainbow star

I forgot to go on Mumu

Also, YouTube should have the Earth Day feature year round

• I concur. I prefer dark youtube to bright youtube.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

It's five in the afternoon, not even dark, and some neighbours have been playing their technoshit really loud for the last couple of hours. 

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It's UNTZ, not UNCE...You uncultured mongrel/Making a Gilgamesh impression.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Also:

Adventures in installing Mass Effect 3!

Okay, so I set up my internet connection for my new PC. Not many issues. It takes a little bit to get going, but I get there. So. 

I want to install Mass Effect 3. EA have tried their damnedest to prevent this; had I known what I was in for, I'd have pirated the game in the first place. 

So I go to create an origin account. Apparently, someone is already using my e-mail account because it recognises it. Alright, perhaps my younger brother used it for some strange reason. So I go and click on the button that retrieves a password -- hey, if it's my account, all should be cool, right? 

So the e-mail that's supposed to go to my e-mail account never comes. Almost like there's two people with my e-mail running in parallel, which would also explain why some e-mails that I've expected to arrive haven't in the recent past. But okay. For now, I'll use my backup e-mail. It sucks, but whatever. 

This time, it works and I have an Origin account to access. I install the game. 

Now it wants a fucking release date check, which continues to fail. What the fuck is this? I'm connected to the internet, I verified ownership of the game, it's downloading the bloody update as I speak. My computer's date is the 31st of March. How on earth does it not have the information to verify that the game has actually been released? It can use local and external data to check this. 

This pretty much does it. If this-- what the fuck, it just started working. 

Christ, goddamn, what is going on.

• I've got Moskau stuck in my head.

I am very much okay with this.

• edited 2012-03-31 08:33:24

Now that I think about it, "A poet once said: Life can be a challenge. Life can seem impossible, but it's never easy when there's so much on the line." would be good in a valedictorian speech. Considering how popular Pokemon is among university students, I wouldn't put it past them.

And now I want to find other contexts to stick 90's/00's cartoon song lyrics in.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I missed the chance of a lifetime to stick a pop culture reference in a major speech, back in high school.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

HTTPS Everywhere is not what I was expecting it to be...

• edited 2012-03-31 13:42:03

Finally watched the final episode of Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

Now, I was fully prepared for this to be mediocre vaguely-incestuous loli psuedo-ecchi, of the sort that seems to have gotten somewhat popular lately (viz. Astarotte no Omocha, Kurenai, etc.) and by all means it certainly matched my expectations there.  What makes Papakiki stand out though (or rather, what makes it sink below even mediocrity) is its complete refusal to take its premise seriously at all, and this is kind of a big deal when the premise is that the main characters' parents are killed in a plane crash.  And yet this is pretty much completely ignored up until the end of the second-to-last episode, at which point it is apparently brought up for no reason except to get people to actually watch the last episode, since it is immediately dropped again when a three-year-old girl takes about ten minutes to get over the fact that her parents are dead and have been for months and nobody told her.  

tl;dr: Papakiki sucks.

However, if nothing else, it did introduce Sumire Uesaka as a seiyuu, and she did a pretty decent job as Sora, so... at least she'll probably get more roles in the future?

EDIT: Meanwhile, Kill Me Baby is still awesome and Inuboku is pantsless. 

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

It struck me that my bro's strategy in Hearts of Iron is reminiscent of Sardinian diplomacy before the unification of Italy. Last time I felt this way when I realised I understand the joke based on comparing somebody to Tezcatlipoca.

• Everybody's changing their usernames.

Hmmm...

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Perhaps I ought to change mine.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Inuboku pantless? Expand on that, M!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I already mentioned this on the activity page, but I'll probably be changing mine too at some point.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Just got done with another college visit. At this point, I'm definitely going to Susquehanna University. I'm still astounded by how nice everyone there is.

is this the part where you end up being all illusioned and happy to end up being all sad when you get there and discover that everything is not the way you thought it was