If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Think about this example. What if your friend loves strategy games, but you love action games? 

Then you should play Savage? 

• No rainbow star
    ^^ All I can think of right now are online versions of the main Pokemon games and of Mystery Dungeon D:
  • That sounds mind blowingly kickass actually. A transgame where RTS players can coordinate with FPS or TPS players to achieve victory on the battlefield? That sounds like nothing less than badass.

• Wasn't Super Mario Bros 2 a transgame already?

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages were transgames, but in the same genre, which isn't what that was talking about.

• You can change. You can.

That's actually pretty interesting, yeah. I like the idea of more multiplayer experiences beyond "SHOOT ALL THE OTHER GUYS" and "SHOOT ALL THE OTHER GUYS ALONGSIDE SOME GUYS"

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

There is a game - a series, even - which is pretty much FPP/simulation/RTS mix. But, yeah, MMORTSFPS would be crazy as hell.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Played Summon Night: Swordcraft Story for a few hours. Or, as I call it, since I got Sugar as my Guardian Beast, Summon Night: A One Sided Lesbian Love Story.

I see you also picked Pratty.

• I've heard/daydreamed about a game where one player drives a tank, while another one shoots stuff, thus combining a rail-shooter with a not-quite-driving game.

We call that Grand Theft Auto.

• edited 2012-03-29 15:23:13
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Gears of War has levels like that too, IIRC.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

And Halo.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I see you also picked Pratty.

If given the choice, I always play female PCs.

gee wonder why

Can I ship Pratty with someone other than Sugar?  I'm fine with Sanary even, so it's not about the lesbianism.  Sugar just grates on me a bit.  Maybe I should have gone with the little machine guardian beast.

• I see there's a lot of games I should play one of these days.

Anyhow, I get nervous when having to talk to professors (out of class), they're all so... better than me, specially this one I have to talk to in about an hour.

Try to stay focused on the topic you need to talk about rather than thinking about how you should be talking about it.

• edited 2012-03-29 16:05:32

Once you start doing research, you realize that professors are just like us students, including laziness.

I don't know. I got used to talking to professors because that was the only way I could get through my Physics courses.

• edited 2012-03-29 16:37:27
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^It depends,, I have professors who I go see all the time because they're genuinely helpful, other times you have ones that are such condescending pricks that what ever help you can get is almost not worth it.

Really, a teacher matters more than the class itself. Whenever you register for a class look up the Professor on ratemyprofessor.com, if his/her rating is below 3.5, STAY THE FUCK AWAY.

• Champion of the Whales

All the petrol stations in my area are closed because teh government went on the telly and said "DON'T PANIC, EVERYTHING IS FINE!!"

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Better stock up on sugar and wheat.

• And bananas. You'll need them when the fallout from the nuclear radiation turns you all into monkeys.

• ^It depends,, I have professors who I go see all the time because they're genuinely helpful, other times you have ones that are such condescending pricks that what ever help you can get is almost not worth it.

I know, right? There are also does who are nice and helpful in class, but during private sessions are as you described (and maybe vice-versa, but I've never dared to check).

Anyhow, I got the help I think I needed. He suggested students wait until doing the internship before setting up for reals with a thesis topic, which is more relaxing I guess.

• No rainbow star
    So we have our final fabric project now

It's a, "Do whatever you want" assignment. I'm planning on making my cotton golem into a series of messed up toys :D

Since I have other stuff that needs doing as well, I'm only doing two to go with it. A teddy bear that is torn open with wires all over the place and a doll that is a bit messed up (not sure yet exactly how I want to handle that one)
  • edited 2012-03-29 22:21:16

http://politicalcompass.org/uselection2012

Wow, I never saw the site so obviously pissed before. It's kind of interesting how political rhetoric in the US and UK differ since the US has the narrower diversity and yet it's the UK which constantly complains about all the political parties being the same.

UPDATE: Oh, Wikipedia:

"The Conservatives in turn have blamed the calls upon multiple parties including the Liberal Party,[50] Elections Canada,[32][51] unnamed "third parties", [52] an isolated incident,[53] that they do not know who was responsible,[54] and that they did misdirect voters, but accidentally.[29]"

Just telling it as it is.

And Our Glorious Leader is planning on raising the retirement age to 67. Ugh, all because of deficits that he caused through his tax cuts.

I'm wearing a nirvana T-shirt, playing planescape: torment and listening to Soda Stereo.

suddenly, it's the 90s.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

bought a new poster today, I should take a picture of it but my camera's batteries are dead.

• I have a laminated Mass Effect 3 poster in my room.

There are finger prints on it.

On the poster, not the laminate.

I do believe it's driving me to madness.

• edited 2012-03-30 01:05:54
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^^ Sometime late last year I found myself marathoning Pokemon while playing a ROM of the original Pokemon Silver. Which is pretty much tit-for-tat something I did more than ten years ago (2000-2002 was also the 90s).

Also, went to the shrink again today. I queried him about how sure he is that I have Aspergers. 

"One-hundred percent. Classical case."

Welp.

• edited 2012-03-30 02:05:31

So my computer seems to be getting worse.  Earlier today it wouldn't start up at all.  I think the problem is that the motherboard is overheating or something.  But, my computer is working now, so...

But I backed up everything now, so even if my computer does die for good I won't lose anything (of course, the hard drive is fine so I wouldn't really lose anything anyway, but...) 

Oh, also, and unrelated... the English dub of Angel Beats! is seriously unbearable.  I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt but I really couldn't even make it through the first scene.