If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is the advice surreal or not?

If not, I'd be a bit disturbed, at the very least.

• a little muffled

It's not, particularly.

> expecting 4chan not to be disturbing.

• Has friends besides tanks now

The advice itself isn't really strange for murder planning. It's just that, you know, people are casually discussing murdering someone. It's fairly disturbing, but this isn't the first time I've seen something like this on /adv/.

• You can change. You can.

there are some parts of FourChan that do not involve blatant sociopathy. On the other hand, they just involve understated, subtle sociopathy

For what it's worth, if the OP's scenario is actually happening, the planned victim is a pretty colossal asshole and it would be for the sake of protecting his sister's baby. It's just that he ought to contact the authorities and press the case or something.

• Surely someone (psst, psst) can report that to some authority somewhere?

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.
    Mary Shelly was married to Percy Blysse Shelly and was the daughter of William Godwin and Mary Wollstonecraft. I just now put that together.
  • edited 2012-03-28 21:16:24
    Has friends besides tanks now

I'm not that savvy, but I can link the thread here, if anyone knows more about this stuff than I do. Would just reporting them to the FBI like with Reddit suffice? [link removed]

• Dentist appointments are fun.

Need to go get an X-Ray tomorrow so the Dentist knows how to cut out my wisdom teeth.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Oh dear god I hope my external isn't dying. I've got like 500 gigs of stuff on it. >_>

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

To change the topic: hey Alex, will you help me piss Miss Anne off? I just ask you to admit the Song of Roland is, at least, just as good a film material as Beowulf. ;)

This is a pretty badass idea. 

I have no idea how you'd do it, but drinketh to his health who makes this happen.

“The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya”

Customers who bought this also bought:

“The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft”

“Sandman”

Ahahahahahahahaha.

^Honestly, Beowulf is too disjointed in narrative to make for that good a film as its attempted adaptations have proven.

• edited 2012-03-28 21:11:47
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

You can make a Disney version of it, like Disney did with Hercules.

That is, take one or more major characters, and then write a completely new story to fit them.

• edited 2012-03-28 21:16:35

I'm not that savvy, but I can link the thread here, if anyone knows more about this stuff than I do. Would just reporting them to the FBI like with Reddit suffice? [link removed]

Well, OP's a Canadafag so the FBI won't do... *shrug*

IJBM: Child services still is a viable alternative, but the OP doesn't seem to want to go with it.

“Sandman”

I don't get it

Yeah, there's also the part where he's not American and I can't report him to any services within my country. I don't know what to do, man.

• edited 2012-03-28 21:15:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

*AHEM* Gentlemen...

...did anyone happen to read the rules about not importing drama on their way here?

No?

Then we may have a problem.

TRANSLATION: I'm going to remove those links.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

“Sandman”

This doesn't actually surprise me. It goes

Haruhi --> Sandman (via metafiction) --> Lovecraft --> (via horror)

The only thing I don't get is the lack of Discworld in the recommended section, although Haruhi does truly seem more like Japan's answer to Sandman than anything else. 

• edited 2012-03-28 21:18:40
    Has friends besides tanks now

*AHEM* Gentlemen...

...did anyone happen to read the rules about not importing drama on their way here?

No?

Then we may have a problem.

TRANSLATION: I'm going to remove those links.

Okay, then. Whatever. It's not like this might be a greater deal than what people usually import or anything.

Thing is that this might potentially involve the police, and I don't want to get this site in trouble.  Otherwise, I'd probably have left them in.

Well, who better to turn to for advice than my group of friends that has the most adults in it? The link was so that other people could get in and see it without me wasting my time explaining; if you had asked nicely, I could have removed it, and I was aware of the importing drama thing--just didn't give a fuck at the moment--and would have eventually removed it anyway.

>This doesn't actually surprise me. 

It makes sense, it just amused especially since with anime stuff it's always 'customers who bought this were total weeaboos'.

@Everest: Sorry about that if I seemed harsh in how fast I got on it.  I agree that I'd want readers to be able to see it.  I just didn't want Canadian police calling up Longfellow in the course of an investigation or something, that's all.

The Meet the Spy mockup was an afterthought.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Are you trying to deny that Death and Delirium don't hit Waifu stereotypes hard? Because if you are I'm going to have to shank a bitch.

...Ooh best idea. Magical girl show with Delirium and Barnabas as the girls' patrons.

• edited 2012-03-28 21:52:05

I wouldn't mind bronies so much if they used a more gender-neutral term for My Little Pony fans, since the fandom name reflects how guys have to appropriate everything. Also, I'm very bitter about the reaction to "I'm a GUY who likes PONIES" compared to "I'm a GIRL who likes VIDEO GAMES."

To be clear, I don't hate My Little Pony fans at all. Hating people over a cartoon is dumb. But again, I have a huge beef with the term "bronies". 

• edited 2012-03-28 21:55:56
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^Oh yeah. Death is Grade-A waifu material, especially in my teen years when I was super into goths.

I think as comics go, X-men is probably the foremost waifu supplier.

"He was the biggest dick known to man. Sadly, his crotch did not measure up to his personality"

I want this in my tombstone.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Are you going to be like that guy from Cat's Cradle and just get a giant cock as your tombstone while you are at it as well?

Shoulda, woulda, couldn't

• I wouldn't mind bronies so much if they used a more gender-neutral term for My Little Pony fans, since the fandom name reflects how guys have to appropriate everything. Also, I'm very bitter about the reaction to "I'm a GUY who likes PONIES" compared to "I'm a GIRL who likes VIDEO GAMES."

To be clear, I don't hate My Little Pony fans at all. Hating people over a cartoon is dumb. But again, I have a huge beef with the term "bronies".

For whatever it's worth, there's also "pegasis".