If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

Bluh I love my insurance company. Because I'm signed up for both renters insurance and car insurance with one email, it pings me as having two accounts to the same email. Which means since I have forgotten my account log in stuff, I can't retrieve/reset it online because lol two accounts could mean two different people.

I mean I understand why it is like this, doesn't mean it isn't kinda annoying. I mean I wish they would just shut up and let me pay them.

• You can change. You can.

So, playing Planescape Torment and I don't know what to be, hurm. Also, feeling like doing an RP liveblog of it, but naaaah, effort.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Is its interface any more intuitive than Baldur's Gate 1's?

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

When I played, I decided it'd be best to play a wizard, since such a story- and narration-oriented game with lots of talking would be more enjoyable with high INT, WIS and CHA.

I do have high INT, WIS and CHA, yeah. But I was thinking of factions and alignments rather than classes, although I'm probably going to go for thief.

@GMH: I wouldn't know, I haven't played Baldur's Gate.

• edited 2012-03-28 16:25:44
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Aaah. Factions I think aren't that much of a difference in terms of gameplay, except for the entrance to certain buildings but you can talk your way in or get there as the main quest progresses, so you can I think go for any of them. Xaositects, as I am told, are quite funny to join (I joined the Godsmen, but didn't feel it gave me any measurable benefit). And as for alignment - you know, I'd say alignment is up to you.

you know, I'd say alignment is up to you.

Well, yeah, the question is what do i want to choose, yannow. 

for now i'm trying to maintain roleplay-ish as possible and make decisions based more on what I'd do rather than caring about those variables, so whatever.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

How do WRPGs handle your character's INT/WIS/CHA?  Does it change the dialogue based on that, or give you alternative dialogue options, or what?

• edited 2012-03-28 16:32:21
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Yes.

@ Juan: I, personally, assumed Neutral Good would be most like a guy I'd like Nameless to be so I watched my choices. But you know, I think it'd be fun to not care about effects of your decisions on your alignment, and just document how it changes. You know, to see if your PC's character actually reflects the gamer's standard kill-shit-and-steal-loot attitude, heh heh.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur
    Go True Neutral. Always go True Neutral. If you can do it, of course - I always end up as one of the good alignments in D&D-based games, usually LG or NG.

How do WRPGs handle your character's INT/WIS/CHA? Does it change the dialogue based on that, or give you alternative dialogue options, or what?

It does both. If you have low wisdom and charisma, your dialogue choices become more restrained and curt. If you have those two numbers higher, you're allowed more variable dialogue as well as stuff like lies and bluffs.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

High INT/WIS is great when you get into philosophy discussions, heh heh.

• "Also, I unexpectedly came into sixty dollars, so I also just ordered Disappearance on Blu-ray and the second season of Code Geass."

Second?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Yeah. I actually enjoyed the second season.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Alright people, should I watch Blame!, Stein's Gate, or torture myself with Guilty Crown again?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Steins; Gate, provided you like slow idea and character based science fiction.

None of those. Go and watch The Prisoner, Ashes to Ashes/Life On Mars or Twin Peaks.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Go watch Welcome to the NHK instead, if you haven't already. >.>

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I still need to see Ashes to Ashes.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I have to go down for an appointment with my Employment Services Provider that I forgot about >_>

Gonna be embarrassing to apologize to the PTA players, better make it up to 'em when I get back.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Don't worry about it. RL stuff is more important.

• Gonna dump laptop at tech support, hope I can claw mom's laptop in the remaining time: committee work and essays don't really work well with digital amputation.

Also, meetings that last for four hours are terribly draining. Of course, it coincides with the frat's zany AGM, which has such wonderful motions as beer being served in crisp bags and a ban of wearing shirts. Sad I missed most of that.

I still need to see Ashes to Ashes.

Its first season feels a bit too like retreading the ground Life On Mars sets up, although Alex tries to act as if she actually knew what was going on, so it creates a bit of a different character dynamic. Also, there's nothing funnier than psych jokes about accusing people of being your subconscious.

Season 2 is the one I liked the best because it managed to mix the magic realism and the procedural aspect much better than the rest of the series, really. At least, I felt that the elements synergized better in that season.

Season 3 was a bit of a mess at first, if only because it's clear that it's gearing up towards a reveal of what exactly is going on and what happened to Sam while trying to develop the cast, but the problem is that the cast doesn't really change that much during season 3, in my opinion. Of course, this is intentional and foreshadows the ending, but it can still be quite trying.

Overall it's a really good show, and I like the fact that unlike Life on Mars, it's more about Gene Hunt and what he represents to the old Manc band.

• No rainbow star
    Furries and MLP:FiM should not mix

A friend keeps sending me MLP Rule 34 :<

murder them.

^^ Have you tried telling them not to send it to you?

Pshaw, pacifist solution involving respect. Who does that?

douchebags, I tell ya.

Have I ever mentioned that it's rather surreal watching people on /adv/ giving a guy advice on how to murder someone?

I don't know why I keep going back to the place, either.

Because you like surrealism?

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Get screencaps :D