If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

have you considered the possibility that your computer is the equivalent of a WWII veteran, wicked

• @Alex, the rendering part of the engine was rewritten for the Witcher so it would likely take more power.

My laptop could probably get the Witcher running but from what I know about my laptop and the report System Requirements Lab puts out for it, the game would be slow even with everything turned down.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Congrats, Forzabro. I've been looking all over for a physical place to buy that game. Probably gonna have to get it on Amazon.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Yeah, the only place I could find that had it was GameStop.

Normally I would have said "screw that" and just ordered it on Amazon, but I found an old gift card my sister got me for my birthday a while ago, and I didn't want it to go to waste.
  • Amazon usually has games for cheaper than they are at physical stores anyway, so...

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

obscure Polish books

"have been translated into Czech, Portuguese, German, Russian, Lithuanian, Finnish, French, Spanish, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Swedish and Hungarian." 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ It's 30 bucks on Amazon too.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

But with no tax.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^But WITH shipping.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, right, not everyone has the thing that gets you free shipping. I forget that sometimes >.>

• edited 2012-03-22 16:29:54

Actually, shipping is free for orders over $25.  For people in the US, anyway.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Since when?

• Since... quite a while ago.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

@Alex, the rendering part of the engine was rewritten for the Witcher so it would likely take more power.

Of course, but it should still be significantly easier to run than comparable games from the year it was released. 

"have been translated into Czech, Portuguese, German, Russian, Lithuanian, Finnish, French, Spanish, Bulgarian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Swedish and Hungarian." 

y u no english, witcher

also, y u skip second book and jump to third with english translation

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    have you considered the possibility that your computer is the equivalent of a WWII veteran, wicked

it's not believe me it's not

WWI vet, then? 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

it has a CPU speed of about 1.6 GHz, what's that say

i don't know, ask a computer person

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

y u no english, witcher

Yeah, why? It's not like English-language publishers wouldn't deign to pay attention to anything non-English, is it?

also, y u skip second book and jump to third with english translation 

Can't say I have an idea what did they think.

• edited 2012-03-22 17:01:07
    Tech support

Not necessarily, rendering tends to be the biggest driver of system requirements and depending on what the developers did with shader based effects and rendering techniques used it could quite easily take more cpu/gpu horsepower that other games did at the time.

Wicked, what cpu model is it. Clock speed tells me nothing anymore. 

• edited 2012-03-22 17:24:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^^^That's a little under half what mine has.

• edited 2012-03-22 17:59:01

Dagnabbit, YouTube, why did you get rid of the option to remove recommended videos without having to clear out my cookies?

• edited 2012-03-22 18:42:16

I'll have to get another battery charger for Laptops soon, using duct tape to hold the cable still in a usable position won't work forever.

I finished The Wise Man's Fear.

Now I get to wait another three years for the next book. :V
  • No rainbow star

My project is further along, but here is a picture of it earlier today:

Huge Picture

• Has friends besides tanks now

No one listened to mah clarinet thing! Do you know how hard I worked those two minutes? >:[

Oh, and I got accepted to Northeastern University. :D

^ wat

^^ What's it about? Not that I'm in any position to begin a new book.

• How far away is it from home?

Anyways, I've finally figured out how the US usage of "college" differs from the Canadian version of "college". That always got me confused when people here referred to college as what we would call university since "college" here brings to mind 2-year diplomas instead of bachelor's degrees.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Oh, and I got accepted to Northeastern University. :D

Congratulations, Everest.

Well, those are some good news. I kinda missed when this thread had those.

But yeah, good to hear, Everman. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Also,

Do you know how hard I worked those two minutes? >:[

There's like, 15 seconds of footage...

try playing Ode To joy as the sole clarinet player in front of a school assembly, Everest. Then you can know hard work >:|