If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I just remembered how when, a couple of years ago, I was walking home with a couple of my friends. We heard a kid's screaming a turned around in time to see a toddler run around a fence crying. A muscular, 20-30 something guy came around behind him and promptly hurled him onto the floor. Kid got up, ran back around the fence. Man saw us watching. Stared at us for a second, then went behind the fence. We basically figured we should call the police and went our seperate ways. I didn't want to do it; I thought another guy was going to do it.

Nothing ever came of it =/ Looking back, I should have done something that day. No idea what, but I should have done something.

Back to English speech writing.

• 3AM...still here.

• So on Thursday, I'm gonna be meeting some people from the BBC to pitch an idea to Radio Scotland.

I'm also meeting Mark Millar to see if he can help me get my name around some bigger publishers.

• edited 2012-03-23 07:17:47
    Diet NEET

Gonna delay thesis, three committees with less than the number of ideal members is slowing me down to a grind.

• Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Sweet. Hope that goes well, dude.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Some of the arcs in W are kind of actually really good.

Anything involving the Kirihiko's is really sad, actually :(

• You can change. You can.

@TheConductor: Best of luck. Also hope you get to punch his face once.

• edited 2012-03-23 08:34:43

"I just remembered how when, a couple of years ago, I was walking home with a couple of my friends. We heard a kid's screaming a turned around in time to see a toddler run around a fence crying. A muscular, 20-30 something guy came around behind him and promptly hurled him onto the floor. Kid got up, ran back around the fence. Man saw us watching. Stared at us for a second, then went behind the fence. We basically figured we should call the police and went our seperate ways. I didn't want to do it; I thought another guy was going to do it.

Nothing ever came of it =/ Looking back, I should have done something that day. No idea what, but I should have done something."

Yeah, that's one of the main causes of the bystander effect. I think this kind of thing would be lessened if people remembered they are responsible for inaction as well as action.

• But you never had any to begin with.

In retrospect, watching episode 11 of Another right before going to sleep was a terrible terrible idea.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Horror shows are better at that exact time. My friend.

>Getting scared by horror shows

now that's cute

To me it really makes no sense to have horror series and stuff that don't scare you or bother you in anyway, but then, I am that weird kind of person who doesn't like to feel scared at all so I don't like horror that much.

Well, you can like horror for different reasons. Personally, I really like atmoshperic works, and normally the aesthetics and design are beautiful, but I can't say I've ever watched an horror movie and been terrified, mostly because...well, the events I'm seeing are restricted to a screen. I'm just a watcher. 

Videogames, on the other hand, do manage to shake me a little because of the whole interactivity angle.

Horror and beautiful? Wait what?!

isn't it the moest thing you have ever seen

The only times I can see the beautiful in a horror monster is when the beauty itself is what makes it alien and scary, like Saya in Saya no Uta.

• edited 2012-03-23 10:30:58
    You can change. You can.

Well, I don't mean beauty as in visually appealing, but as in visually complex or iconic. Like...I don't look at Pyramid Head and think he's the fucking Mona Lisa or anything, but I definetly think his design is very clever for a man with a gigantic pyramid for a head.

• isn't it the moest thing you have ever seen

dafuck?

giger art is beautiful

uguu~

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I almost started a discussion on abortion. Luckily I regained my senses just before clicking the send button.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ That IS a beautiful piece, Juan :3

Something can be the most fucked up horrific thing ever, and still be hauntingly beautiful or disgustingly cute

I had a dream where somebody started a Sonic RP. I may be getting obsessed x.x
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

*Has been listening to the P4 Arena soundtrack*

Goddammit music, stop making me want this game. My backlog is big enough as it is.

• No rainbow star
    I did a request while waiting at Starbucks for a little girl and her mother

:3 The girl started jumping and getting hyper and excited over her new drawing of a turtle
  • But you never had any to begin with.

>Getting scared by horror shows

now that's cute

Literally skewered people are creepy. Hanging people are really damn creepy.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^Shoji Meguro, dude, and probably the composers for Blazblue as well.

Of course it'll be awesome.

• No rainbow star
    The interview went well. I'm getting a second interview (although they seem to be having issues understanding, "I have class in Calgary on Monday so I can't have the second interview then")
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    It feels really good to not have to worry about getting rejected to every college I applied to. :V

I'm not even nervous about hearing back from the rest now.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ That's how it tends to be :3

...nope. Not feeling it.

• edited 2012-03-23 13:41:25
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I am pretty sure the composer for BlazBlue is still Daisuke Ishiwatari

That's not horror, that's gore.