If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-03-22 20:40:58
    Has friends besides tanks now

@Abyss: It's in Boston, and I live in Maine, so it's about two and a half hours away or something like that. Easier to get to than Susquehanna, at any rate, and my stepbro lives in Brighton, so I might be able to visit him every now and then.

@Nova and Juan: Thanks, guys.

And I almost didn't notice that they have scholarship info up, as well; if I attend, I'm looking at $14,00 per full semester. It's a five-year program with two semesters (or more) abroad, so that would come out to about $56,000. Plus, I got to play Animals as Leaders at work today. Good day, in all.

^ I had to do retakes and stuff, though; I haven't played that part in months.

You're a clarinet player, too? How hard is Ode to Joy to play on clarinet, though? I've had solo bits before, although I'll grant nothing that long, but I've had to play some tough shit. Like C.M.v. Weber's Concertino for Clarinet #26, for an audition. It was pretty sloppy, I thought, but I made it in.

• You can change. You can.

>Animals as Leaders

As long as it wasn't CAFO, you have my full approval.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    FUCK YOU, EVEREST, Y U GOTTA BE STEALIN MY THUNDER

(i got accepted there too)

(also grats bro)
  • Has friends besides tanks now

As long as it wasn't CAFO, you have my full approval.

>implying "CAFO" isn't one of their better songs

Nah, I played through as much of Weightless as the remaining time would allow.

(i got accepted there too)

(also grats bro)

Yup, I saw. You'll also see mah response on Facebook.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Wait, Everest and Forz might end up at the same university?

lol.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You're a clarinet player, too?

Well, I used to be. I was in a school band. Not for a few years now, though; clarinets are kind of expensive, and without the school's clarinet...

How hard is Ode to Joy to play on clarinet, though? I've had solo bits before, although I'll grant nothing that long

It's a lot more difficult than you'd expect. It's not so much the actual playing of the clarinet that's the issue, though, it's more that you have to keep up exactly with the other members of the band, because falling just half a second behind can quickly become very, very obvious, and as the sole player of an instrument, it's really obvious that you're the one screwing up the song.

I should try and find a clarinet again, actually. I rather enjoyed playing that.

it's more that you have to keep up exactly with the other members of the band, because falling just half a second behind can quickly become very, very obvious

Well, I know that much.

and as the sole player of an instrument, it's really obvious that you're the one screwing up the song.

Though there's that, too. But auditioning for something is pretty close to that, I feel. And playing the solo to a song you hate also kinda sucks, even if it's only like a ten measure section.

Not for a few years now, though; clarinets are kind of expensive, and without the school's clarinet...

Yeah, that's true.

I should try and find a clarinet again, actually. I rather enjoyed playing that.

If I had a spare that wasn't a piece of shit, I'd see about sending it to you, or something.

lol.

Admittedly, part of the reason I want to room with him is for joke value. But I think it would just be cool.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

let's rock out on our clarinets

• edited 2012-03-22 20:54:54
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^It would be pretty awesome.

i need more guitarbros

and i mean actual guitarbros. not like solstace, that shameless BETRAYER who has become a FLUTIST

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

WHAT

sorcery 

• I kind of dislike it when retrospectives become a little too nostalgic and dismissive of the future. [/Random Thought of the Day]

• Congratulations, you two!

Also:

lol.

• @Ica: Is that some sort of stop motion project? 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Wait, we can have Forzare and Forzare rooming together at Northeastern?

I'll have to see this.

Anyway...

Which of the following is the best place among the following choices, in terms of accessibility, few stupid popups, not needing to make an account if possible, etc.?

mediafire, filefactory, fileserve, hotfile

• edited 2012-03-22 21:15:24
    Has friends besides tanks now

Wait, we can have Everest and Everest rooming together at Northeastern?

Fixed that for ya. Jerk. >:[

• edited 2012-03-22 21:16:23

Mediafire is by far the best of those.  Instant downloads, no download limit, multiple simultaneous downloads, and you don't even need an account to upload files (though of course it's more convenient if you do, and of course you do if you want premium features).

Yeah, gonna go with Mediafire as well.

• I've always been a fan of mediafire but they recently they have had the occasional popup. On the plus side, no captcha, depending on how long the files need to stay up an account might not be needed and good download speeds.  

Fixed that for ya. Jerk. >:[

ahaha, I hadn't even noticed that

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    it never ends

it

never

ends

Apparently not.

You're still the clone, by the way.

it actually took me three times to notice the joke.

either way, get a room, guys

• edited 2012-03-22 21:27:26
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, I could either say Forzare and Forzare or Everest and Everest.

^ LOL literally

Re mediafire: I seem to remember it throwing lots of popups in my face every time i tried to get something.  Well, not tons, but it's like, I'd click the download button, it'd give me a popup (which I'd close), not download, and then after a while it'd say "download not working, click here", and then I'd click that and then it'd give me a second popup and then start the download.  I was thinking of using filefactory because of this, but filefactory seems to require an account.

you should try again with mediafire, because it has never thrown me a popup before. 

• No rainbow star

I'm tired and my stomach is blech

I wasn't able to finish fish off. FISH! I've even eaten charred fish with the scales still on it! That's how much I love the stuff!

• No rainbow star

So, my laptop froze. I had to shut it down manually. When it came back on, the wifi wouldn't work on Windows 7

My mother's laptop could connect to wifi. My father's laptop could. Hell, mine could if I booted up Ubuntu instead of Windows 7. But Windows 7 would throw a hissy fit

I tried rebooting, manually shutting it off again to see if that would work at all (...Laptops like to pull shit like that on me where repeating the action that would be bad ends up fixing a problem), etc.

In the end, resetting the router did it

Despite no other laptop or OS having issues

The fuck, Windows 7!?

• edited 2012-03-22 23:50:36

It just hit me: elementary and middle school, we took all sorts of field trips to caves and volcanoes, the kind that have fissures with orange slime mold floating around them.

But high school? Nothing of the sort. There haven't even been trips to mediocre locations, like aquariums that have gift shops with chocolate rocks in them. I haven't been more than 10 miles away from the school in four years, and now that I realize it, it's tearing away at my soul!

As a side note, I fucking love chocolate rocks. These things?

Aw yeah.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Yay schools being paranoid about getting sued!
  • Ugh...I should sleep...but I can't.