If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

That's a funny way for them to view you.

Apparently, I'm really really fun, although I can only play with them for like.. half an hour before I get exhausted.

You give them chocolate?

What else do you think I do with all the chocolate?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

that feel

• Eat it? That's what I do with my chocolate...

But I'm a skinny fuck. Wouldn't if follow that if I eat all the chocolate, I'd be chubbier?

• You could just be an active fuck or one of those high-metabolism fucks.

but i nearly died of an asthma attack today

wouldnt that rule out being an active fuck

• I suppose so (though I eventually overcame my asthma).

You could still just be a lucky fuck with an overactive metabolism.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

You could still just be a lucky fuck with an overactive metabolism.

whee hee hee :D

• No fair, Alex, you should have to choose between an overactive metabolism or swords.

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Alex confirmed for slave labour under the glorious British Empire 2.0.

• edited 2012-02-16 01:44:32
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

On the flipside, it means I run through energy quickly, so I don't have a huge degree of staying power in bouts. I recover quickly enough, but I seldom win a long match. So I essentially have to take initiative and deliver decisive strikes.

British Empire 2.0 confirmed for the first to taste my steel.

So, anyway, my mother has defaulted on the payments for my brother's braces. She's refusing to pay the money, but the orthodontist will not adjust my brother's braces until she pays some of it back.

Considering she's literally not even paying her rent, this is bad.

And my brother can't afford to pay any of it, because he's stuck between repaying the money he owes on his car, paying back the loan he took out to get his motorbike, and school fees. All of which kind of have to take priority over his braces.

And did I mention the total debt is nearly $6,000 now?

All the best for you and your brother, Cygan. 

My bro plans to drop out of high school so he doesn't have to pay his school fees so he can afford to pay for his braces.

This is a terrible idea but he needs those braces :/

Christ. Does he have a plan to re-enter the educational system? 

No.

He wants to get a full-time job though.

I am trying to convince him to wait until he gets the job before dropping out, but he's failing high school anyway and doesn't see the point.

Knowing full well that he might be locked into a cycle of wage slavery or dead ends? 

I don't think he quite grasps the fact yet.

Although tbf, the company he did work experience at did say they'd give him a job if one ever opened.

That's something, at least. Good luck to him. 

I'd still prefer it if he stayed at school until he got the job, though.

I mean, I can tell you all about leaving school early (or getting kicked out) and then not being able to secure a job. But there's always options, like TAFE.

Absolutely, and the benefit of TAFE is its focus. You've probably suggested it to him, but you should remind him once in a while, especially after he has some money to spend. 

I will, if he decides to drop out.

At the very least, I know he likes Electronics, so he could find flexible study options to study around his work, so if he's ever laid off he has a qualification to back his experience.

• Champion of the Whales

British Empire 2.0 confirmed for the first to taste my steel.

I would love to see Alex go against a Gurkha or some SAS/SBS person

• Personally I'd rather see him go up against Spetzsnaz.

._.

Guys, if this involves guns, knife-to-knife combat or bare-handed combat, I am kind of fucked.

(It's all cool if it's staves or swords, though.)

• Well Spetsnaz combat would likely involve either dynamite on a stick or back-flip hatchet throwing.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Strangest thing, trying to fight Britain without preparing for guns would probably hurt! :P

Robin Hood did it! That's good enough for me!

• But you never had any to begin with.

Yeah, but the SAS didn't exist back then.

• edited 2012-02-16 04:36:51
    Champion of the Whales

Robin Hood did it! That's good enough for me!

Robin Hood did it before guns appeared on the British Isles

edit: Damm Midlanders and their ninja ways