If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I was actually thinking "sounds like 'more,'" but that works too :P

• Juan, you've finally made me realize why I can't read online books either. Every other thing is too interesting.

• You can change. You can.

^^Generations are at minimum a decade, usually going to about twenty. The Baby Boomer Generation for example.

Fair enough. I was mostly thinking from a cultural standpoint, but I guess we do share a lot in terms of those, regardless of how much I wanna say I know absolutely nothing about US' history (Not like I know much either way, but you get what I mean)

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The internet is a great bridge indeed.

A one way bridge at that, I'd say, but I'm not really in the mood for cultural bitching.

I see your point all the same though. =|

I know. I just felt it needed to be said, because...um...I'll get back to you on that later.

The thing about being in the eye of a cultural tornado is we tend not to see its effects.

Hey guys. Criterion Collection is having a sale. 50% off EVERYTHING until noon tomorrow.

The thing about being in the eye of a cultural tornado is we tend not to see its effects.

Honestly, I don't really mind being knowledgeable about US culture. And I would be lying if I said that part of it wasn't because of family, however distant they may be, in this case.

But what bothers me is that the US cultural dominance, while not entirely intentionally so, does cripple other countries from actually getting their culture out of their borders, which means that unless you're either interested in other cultures, or raised by people from said culture, you'll end up not knowing about them. 

Also, because I'm on a Borges mood tonight:

As I think of the many myths, there is one that is very harmful, and that is the myth of countries. I mean, why should I think of myself as being an Argentine, and not a Chilean, and not an Uruguayan. I don't know really. All of those myths that we impose on ourselves — and they make for hatred, for war, for enmity — are very harmful. Well, I suppose in the long run, governments and countries will die out and we'll be just, well, cosmopolitans.

Urgh, and of course Gojira is on back-order. That's okay. I totally didn't want to watch the greatest monster movie ever made in glorious re-mastery with insightful commentaries by film historians. 

Welp, just bought Videdrome even when I shouldn't but I couldn't pass up the chance to pay significantly less than $50 for it and all the goodies the Criterion version had.

• edited 2012-02-14 22:32:23
    Has friends besides tanks now

Have a Google Doc with an essay I want to put in mah portfolio. Can't just copy-paste it from Google Docs to the portfolio (which is on Microsoft Word documents). Can't copy from the file I downloaded of it. Halp. Bah. I'll just rewrite it to the portfolio tomorrow; there's no way I'll quietly be able to rewrite it before the clock strikes twelve.

• Getting glasses next week.

The Deus Ex quotes will be unceasing.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

IJBM: One particular problem poster in the video game forum at TVT. And it isn't JAF. 

Continually shitting up potentially good discussions by being arrogant is bad enough, but it's worse when that arrogance is completely unfounded and they betray their ignorance in each post. 

Theatrical and Proud?

The fact that I know who you're talking about and I don't even go to that place says something.

• edited 2012-02-15 00:21:33
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^^ They're a regular, so you'll see their posts around. Check out the thread about the Western demographic and it shouldn't be hard to guess. 

^^ If that's a username, no. If that's a description, yes. 

Yeah, I remember reading some of the stuff in Comics that made me go "fuck this" and just ditch the comics subforum.

And then talk to Malk because he's the only person who reads comics here ;_;

• ^^ Their username start with a C?

^^^It was a username. Formerly known as Indigo Dingo.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

@Alex: Oh him. Yeah, the dude ping pongs between tolerable and fucking stupid. He's the latter in that thread.

-looks through it-

Oh, yeah, that guy. I mostly know him from Image Picking, where he always seemed to be under the impression that his opinion was all that was needed to establish a consensus.

• This building at my school that they call the Humanities building: that's where all the math classes are. The English and social studies classes are in a different building altogether.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Their username start with a C?

And is a term for a particular apple-based beverage. 

• We're on the same page.

• edited 2012-02-15 01:07:37
    No rainbow star
    *puts quilt in dryer on heavy duty. Not dry after an hour. Puts it in for another hour. Still no where near dry. Quilt now drying on shower rod in bathroom, leaving me quiltless and unable to sleep*

Fucking hell how does it fail to dry a fucking quilt on heavy duty!?

And if it falls on the bathroom floor I'll have to wash it again anyways!

Fucking quilt >.<
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

> trying to clean quilts yourself

> not taking quilts to the dry cleaner

If it's made of cotton, wool, down, or, really, any material at all short of silk or satin, a quilt will take hours to dry. Generally, if you have a thickish quilt, you take it to the dry cleaners instead.

• No rainbow star
    >Implying I can afford a dry cleaners even rarely, let alone once a week

Fucking employer >.>