If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-02-13 21:34:32
    a little muffled

@Malk: Develop telepathic powers. Duh.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

• Simon & Garfunkel's debut album (Wednesday Morning, 3 AM) had more of a traditional acoustic folk sound; the second album, Sound of Silence, was where they shifted to more of a rock instrumentation and approach.

Good job explaining why

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Not to explain the joke or anything, but this is of course a pastiche of several famous bands of the 60s and 70s, particularly The Beatles,Pink Floyd, and Led ZeppelinWe Are All Flower People in particular seems to be intended to have been a mix of Sgt. Pepper and Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

Thank you for explaining this, I'm sure there are many people unfamiliar with The Beatles, Pink Floyd, and Led Zeppelin. :)

• They Might Be Giants moved up from "Two guys, an accordion, a guitar and a drum machine" to a full band for their fourth album John Henry.

Mentions of kid music: -1

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

You know, Pumpkin, you could start a thread or something. Just saying.

• edited 2012-02-13 21:38:52
    I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

• XTC started out as a hyperactive New Wave band with punk, reggae and funk influences. These were mostly dropped after the departure of Barry Andrews and arrival of Dave Gregory, which steered them towards a more complex sound inspired by 60's pop on Drums and Wires(though still definitely New Wave). When the band stopped performing live, they produced the gentle pastoral folk rock album Mummer, and expanded on this sound - by their Magnum Opus Skylarking, they had evolved into full-on 60's-inspired pop rock with psychedelic, folk rock and baroque pop elements.

English Settlement???

You know, Pumpkin, you could start a thread or something. Just saying.

No, this is the last one

• Miley Cyrus' first non-Hannah Montana solo album, Meet Miley Cyrus, was more traditionally Teen Pop influenced, while Breakout showed more rock influences. Her EP, The Time Of Our Lives brought a harder sound on some tracks, with hip-hop influences and power ballads.Can't Be Tamed is more electro-pop.

• Cyrus' ex-co-star, Emily Osment, used an adult alternative sound on her debut EP, All The Right Wrongs, while Fight Or Flight is more techno/dubstep/dance-oriented.

• Demi Lovato is exploring a grittier, more hip-hop/R&B-influenced style on her third album, Unbroken, than her earlier pop-rock sound.

• Talking Heads had a few; Remain In Light was filled with repetitious, dense African rhythms that sounded way different from their previous albums (Although it was hinted on in "I Zimbra" from Fear of Music). Three years later, they had Speaking in Tongues which was a more funky, synth-poppy album. Two years after, Little Creatures had more Latin influences, with some Americana which their next and final two albums both took inspiration from.

I get up to get my beer and as soon as I sit down Baldur jumps back into my lap.

I love you too.

• You can change. You can.

I get up to get my beer and as soon as I sit down Baldur jumps back into my lap.

I love you too.

uguu

• ʍɥɐʇ po ʎon ɔɐll ɐ ɾoʞǝ ʍıʇɥonʇ ɐ dnuɔɥlıuǝ

So apparently you can't use prepaid gift cards on GOG because the gift card I have doesn't allow international orders. But I can use it on Steam.

If anyone can help me get a few games on GOG (about $20) I'll make it worth your while with $20 worth of Steam games.

Just thought up a terrible riddle.

When and what does Haruhi Suzumiya want to eat?

Soon, dairy.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

don't get it.

Soon, dairy = Tsundere

horrible pun

>Juan approves +5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEA6gzAAPfc It's funny to see Keith being all grumpy and shit

ha? that makes no sense, the final e in dere does not rhyme with dairy!

Not in Japanese!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Power outage -_-

That's exactly what i am saying.

tsundere in japanese is [tsun.de.re]

dairy in english is

Yeah, but my point is that Americans seem to pronounce tsundere as if it rhymed with dairy. make of that what you will

They are incapable of a final [e], use the loanword, use the standard pronounciation.

Jesus Christ the wankery over I joke I thought up in like three seconds...

Nothing is more serious than pronounciation mistakes! NOTHING!

>vandro

>Not wanking about things

lolnope

ONORE HUANKEIDO!

• edited 2012-02-14 00:42:47
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

So apparently you can't use prepaid gift cards on GOG because the gift card I have doesn't allow international orders. But I can use it on Steam.

If anyone can help me get a few games on GOG (about $20) I'll make it worth your while with $20 worth of Steam games.

If you can wait a week, sure.

EDIT: Actually, I might be able to do it today or tomorrow.

• I think this deserves posting again:

stun dairy

yawn dairy

coo dairy

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Oh yeah.

All you guys that liked Troll Hunter? You should watch the Australian movie, The Tunnel. As part of its viral marketing campaign, its initial release was actually 100% for free over torrents. So you can pretty much just pick it up with no hassles. Same kind of documentary format, but nowhere near as fun-loving, charming or inspiring. Just incredibly fucking scary. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

for free ever?

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

For free ever!

Not that they can stop it. Once it's a torrent, it's a torrent. They've already made more money through DVD and ticket sales this way than they ever would have otherwise; as you're no doubt aware, even our own films are under the radar in our country. So releasing the torrent not only gave it free advertising and an air of reality in Australia, but gave it underground significance in worldwide indie cinema. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Oh no, I misread that and thought you said for free ever instead of free for ever, is all.