If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Arkham City was spoiled to me

My life is meaningless, I must commit seppuku

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Thinking for a second the story is in any way the selling point of Arkham City

http://i.imgur.com/VMs2U.gif" alt="" />

butbutbut the twist ending! Now if I get it, I'll spend the whole game thinking "Is this when X happens" and get strangely bothered and stuff

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

The twist ending has one clue that happens like ten minutes beforehand. It's not even a clue that makes a lot of sense unless Clayface is actually a vampire.

--shrug--

My problem is more because I simply don't like knowing things about a work beforehand. It always makes me uneasy. Hell, I sometimes evade premises just because. >_>

I admit it's a bit of a weird thing.

• edited 2012-01-27 02:12:18
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I was actually disappointed with Paul Dini in this game... then I realized he had to deal with a bunch of over-ambitious game designers and my respect for his writing craft actually grew.

I mean, like I said, the story's not good but considering all the shit he had to pack into a cohesive narrative it's amazing it didn't turn out way worse.

I mean, this game out-Hushes Hush.

• They're somethin' else.

I DEFY YOU HEART MAN

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Alright so I got a game idea and--

> game never gets made

okay okay whatever shut up and listen I'm not even going to bore you with its premise or any of that shit

I just wanna know what you guys think of this potential damage system

- "Health Points", such as they are, are equal to 5 + 1/2 Constitution (which is default 10).
    - Any attack that does 5 damage after modifiers is considered "critical" and deals instant death if it connects to the torso, head or neck.
    - There are three damage types: cutting, piercing and kinetic.
    - All weapons do at least some kinetic damage, but only the highest damage rating is ever used. If armour reduces a particular damage rating, the next highest is used.
    - Almost all weapons deal at least 5 damage of one type, some do multiple (e.g. swords do 5 cutting damage with a strike and 5 piercing damage with a thrust, but never both at once).

The idea with this system is to represent how human flesh is useless against proper weapons, but being tougher than the next guy is actually beneficial when a blow is softened by armour. Since any damage rating lower than 5 is survivable, having more Con and therefore more HP allows you to soak up less deadly attacks when under the protection of armour, but it's essentially useless when unarmoured.

What this essentially means is that being stronger and tougher is certainly beneficial, but the skill to make a decisive, critical attack and have the tools to make that subordinates all other things.

• edited 2012-01-27 06:42:46

http://www.khinsider.com/content/view/2165/339/

Fuck you, Square. Just...fuck you.

Also how do I get the damn hyperlinks to work so that I can have text other than the URL?

• Legionnaire: Paste your link in. In the tool box, click the item that's second from the right on the top bar, it looks like a chain. HYPERLINK!

• Yeah that's what I do.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • edited 2012-01-27 06:57:35

Nope. Might be my browser.

Meanwhile

http://i.imgur.com/O3MsB.jpg

I regret nothing except the diabetes I now have.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I am loving Faith & Angel.

• Oh god

I think the Sabres are replicating

I did not make this many

I can't even see my tabs now D:

• I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.

Heh a rather good video point regarding Sex and Violence and how it accepted in media.

I mean, this game out-Hushes Hush.

...is that a good thing

So, I think I'm gonna go to the theater today or something, but I don't know what to watch and I would like some help to make the choice

here's what's on:

>La piel que habito (Almodovar movie, not sure if interested)

>La cara oculta (Colombian horror movie. Definetly not interested >_>)

>Immortals (Looks like a boringer 300. And that says a lot, really)

>We bought a zoo

>J Edgar

>Underworld 

>Sherlock Holmes

>Muppets

>Darkest hour

>Tintin

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh shi-
  • edited 2012-01-27 12:12:25
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^^ Muppets, duh. As if that's even a question.

Also, A Song Of Ice And Fire just continues to escalate. It's like medieval TTGL. I'm towards the end of the third book and SERIOUSLY CHRIST. THE EMOTIONAL TORQUE.

It's even good enough for me to overlook George getting stuff about medieval combat wrong.

> pffft, the term "longsword" referring to a long-bladed single-hander
    > pffft, plate armour and shields used together
    > pffft, spears being bad for single combat

That said, he's eerily accurate about a lot of stuff considering he doesn't seem to have any experience in medieval martial arts. If nothing else, he knows about the dynamics of combat, especially when it comes to being outnumbered. It doesn't really matter hwo good you are -- more than three competent fighters against yourself and you're pretty screwed unless you can pull shenanigans with morale or terrain.

EDIT:

In the space of reading one chapter, shit just got even realer. SUPER REAL.

Beginning of book three:

House Stark is absolutely fucked via a combination of misinformation and genuine tragedy.

Tail-end of book three:

House Lannister is absolutely fucked.

• edited 2012-01-27 14:06:02
    No rainbow star
    So I realized recently that the only card game I've played is Yu Gi Oh (maybe Pokemon but that was so long ago that all I vaguely recall is active Pokemon and prize cards) and that it's been so long that I'm pretty much going, "The fuck is all this Synchro-whatchamacallit crap?"

Also that I no longer even can play half decent at the format I once played

A friend wrangled me back into playing it for one game, which I was brutalized in immediately

Tl;dr - I need a new card game to play
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Magic: The Gathering. /obligatoryplug

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So, I'm around 300pages into A Clash of Kings, and wondering why Martin likes incest so much.
  • a little muffled

Magic is the best TCG for sure.

What the Canadian zombie and the British girl with a taste for stabbing said.

• a little muffled

why am I a zombie

Dralnu, of course. 

• law of silence

There is way too much snow here...

• edited 2012-01-27 15:25:28
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Send some of it to me; I haven't seen any since 2010.