If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

This winter is way too warm. It's one thing that it hasn't snowed so far, but this total lack of sub-zero temperatures is a bit much. It's more like an extended autumn. Or as if the seasons skipped winter and went straight to spring.

I probably should be glad, since I don't tolerate coldness that well (but in turn can better endure heat), but it makes me a bit uneasy.

• No rainbow star
    ^ I know that feel

...The snow is waiting until late may to dump and bury the roads >.> <.<
  • edited 2012-01-12 09:12:38

Read discussion in the IJBMer Updates thread about sex and Moe.

Next page has a discussion on linguistics.

IJBMOneNeverDies.jpg

• You can change. You can.

oh noes we're slowly turning into our old collective self

• I assure you I meant that in an amused, nostalgic sort of way. :)

I know, I was just kidding. Besides, I'd never use "Oh noes" seriously. :P

• edited 2012-01-12 16:16:17
    Has friends besides tanks now

I (finally) have an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday to see about getting a referral to someone who can help me out with my issues a bit. Hopefully this works. :)

On a lighter topic, fuck shoveling. The one time so far where we get out of a scheduled swim practice this year, and I have to get all sweaty anyway. >:/

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Hope that goes well for you.

• edited 2012-01-12 17:16:28
    So, mom insisted that I leave my car at school and have her help picking it up later, getting a ride with my cousin. We went back to get it, and found that someone had wiped my car off for me a while ago. That made me a little happier. The mounds of snow around my car didn't.

I don't think I've seen snow since 2010.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I haven't seen snow since like

if ever

Wow, and I thought Alabama had it bad.

What are your summers like?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Regularly over 40 degrees Celsius

Yeah, that's about how it was back when I lived in Tuscaloosa. I live somewhere suited for human habitation now, though.

Whereas I live in Australia :c

Yeah...

Well, you've survived this long ^_^

Yup :3

• More people should watch Murder By Death.

Friday and saturday will be hell. Party decorating at frat->grab clean clothes at home->chiptune concert->go back to frat for breakfast and clean-up->help someone move. Hopefully I won't be too tired should an evening program pop up said saturday.

• edited 2012-01-12 18:12:05

I envy you people who don't see snow in years, honest to God. >:[

And I envy you right back >:[

• Something I read just now:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NetorareGenre

>As one might effortlessly predict, many people seriously detest this genre/trope. It might have to do with the oft-idealised nature of relationships in the anime/manga culture, along with the fanbase's obsession with purity — a phenomenon apparent by the popularity of tropes like Sacred First Kiss,LoliconYamato Nadeshiko, or Moe. That is to say, Otakudom seems to have a strong connection with a specific, sugary perception of romantic relationships, built around pure, sincere, genuine commitment. Hence Netorare, being at the opposite side of the Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism, tends to rub people the wrong way.

Basically they're saying "otaku's conception of relationships is way too pure and sugary, and that's why cheating bothers them". Am I the only one who's put off by this? Like, "people with healthier and more realistic conceptions of relationships aren't bothered by cheating?"

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I just got to Cave Johnston's lemons speech in Portal 2.

God, I love this game.

Only seen snow once. And it was while climbing a mountain in chile

and by climbing, i mean, driving up there

• No rainbow star
    >8 Year Old sister asks about Zeus
    >Can only remember how he fucked anything that moves
    >Gets in trouble for saying that he was nasty and child inappropriate

Well what did you WANT me to do? Tell her about how Zeus raped women?

Just say "he threw lightning."

• Better not mention that he had a habit of turning into an animal whilst he did it.

• No rainbow star
    ^^ My brain didn't even remembet that. Only the rape ;.;
  • edited 2012-01-12 20:32:25

Basically they're saying "otaku's conception of relationships is way too pure and sugary, and that's why cheating bothers them". Am I the only one who's put off by this? Like, "people with healthier and more realistic conceptions of relationships aren't bothered by cheating?"

Yeah, that's... silly.  That person you quoted seems to be thinking waaaaaaaaaay too hard about this.  NTR bothers people because most people don't like being cheated on and also most people don't have a fetish for it, which amounts to absolutely no reason to be interested in it.  It has absolutely nothing to do with how people expect relationships to be portrayed at all.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Just finished Portal 2.  I loved that game so much.

I think I honestly liked it better than the first game.

• That's the only thing that puts you off about that page? The constant assumption that everyone visiting the site is an anime-obsessed loser was one of the reasons I got fed up with the site. And they can't resist putting in those DAMN lesbianism references, could they?