If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Okay, so, if I asked every single English speaking person in the world, they'd all tell me the language it shit, will they?

most people who'd say no would do so because they're not familiar with other languages or linguistics.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Actually, English has a very powerful strongpoint in that it's quite a modular language. It's versatile and reacts well to change .

That said, German does a lot of things English does, but better, mostly being held back by mad scientist stereotypes and the bitterness of Austrians.

lets not even get fucking started on the swiss rite

• Well from

not really, no. Any language that doesn't allow for implied subject is pretty much shit, dude.

this I get the impression that they don't need to be familiar with other languages and linguistics to say that the language is shit.

• You can change. You can.

Admittedly, English has that going for it. You can come up quite easily with new words, turn old words into new ones by applying them to a new context and blah blah blah

However, it still has some of the most inconsitent grammar and spelling I've ever dealt with on my life.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Just thinking about it, I wonder if those are related...

• Yay homophones and homonyms!

"I before E except after C", they told me.

Those lying bastards.

• edited 2012-01-11 20:43:39
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^^ Yeah, English is a total bitch as a system. Given that I'd argue that a language is defined by its system of grammar and spelling and the logic that binds them, English sits on tenuous ground.

^^ Maybe, but once again German does it one step better. In German, you can come up with new words or smoosh words together one hell of a lot (trying to read German publications as a beginner is a bitch, let me tell you) without violating the language's spelling or grammar rules.

• edited 2012-01-11 20:52:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Good point.

^^Yeah, that is kinda weird.

• edited 2012-01-11 21:03:46
    Has friends besides tanks now

Going to go to bed now, even though it's only ten o'clock here. I've gotten myself worked up again, and I want to see if functioning better from day to day might be helped with more sleep; as is, I'm getting six hours, but I should be getting eight, or so say most of the people who ought to know. More sleep might help me to be less of a dumbass, and might help me to not be so tired all the time. I won't be able to tell immediately, of course, but if this ends up working, my participation around here will likely see a drastic decrease. If this means that I can't participate in the RP's that I've joined, so be it; I can find a way to weasel out of whatever I need to.

• edited 2012-01-12 00:31:10

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091115174354AAieJKF

I hate how the Internet is such a powerful validation of idiocy vessel.

• No rainbow star
    What's a libertarian again? I want to know where the stupid is coming from =/
  • edited 2012-01-12 00:44:11

http://world.std.com/~mhuben/onelesson.html

Not even going to pretend to be unbiased in this case. 

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, my mom mentioned my future kids today, and for the umpteenth time, I said that I don't want kids.

She spent the rest of the day trying to convince me that I want kids.

Not as in trying to convince me that I should want kids. She was trying to convince me that I do want kids.

I...just...argh.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I fail at describing how I feel like a woman :V

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

It is a difficult subject.  For such a vague concept, you seemed like you were doing a fine job to me.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

The problem is how much of it is stuff that I don't know how to phrase. I can't really talk about how I feel -woman- because that doesn't even make sense, but it is how I feel.

It's not helped along by never having talked about it before, so I have no platform to stand on D:

• edited 2012-01-12 01:23:37

Cygan wrote:
    The problem is how much of it is stuff that I don't know how to phrase. I can't really talk about how I feel -woman- because that doesn't even make sense, but it is how I feel.
    If it helps--which it probably doesn't--I'm exactly the same way.

The more I try and put it down in words, the more confused I get ;-;

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>What's a libertarian?

A miserable little pile of sociopathic rationalizations!

• ^^ And you know what? I can understand what you're trying to get across, because I feel the same way, but I can't really think of a better way to convey it. >_<

That's half the problem, isn't it?

• >Stream lots of shit

>Screen goes black

>Reboot

>Laptop slow as fuck, goes black randomly, diagnostics says it's a system configuration error but it can't resolve it on its own.

Oh balls. Wat do?

• Reinstall the OS!

Because that worked out sooooooo well for me!
  • Haven't been able to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time for the past two weeks.  :/

• Champion of the Whales

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16518171

A company is offering $10 million to anyone who creates a tricorder

^That's pretty cool. Get them on Transporters next.

On another note. The Ron Paul adjulation really worries me. I know he's not in the running, but the fact that there are so many people who support someone who wants to get rid of the 1965 Voting Rights Act and wants to put us back on the gold standard.

Though to be fair it's probably because they haven't done their research.

• edited 2012-01-12 08:11:10
    You can change. You can.

My cat makes me say uguu

i feel like i should get rid of it

Stop trying to emulate me Juan.

• edited 2012-01-12 08:19:39
    You can change. You can.

Call me when you learn how to play guitar and then I'll emulate you >:(