If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

English should be in the same tier as Chinese(s), because both are equally bullshit.

• I like English, in spite of its flaws :/
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I have to say.

I actually like not being a mod here.

I mean, I liked being a mod here, as well. But when I'm not a mod, I don't have to try and watch myself so closely, and I can say things that I wouldn't say as a mod.

And I don't have people looking at me to deal with their problems, now.

Also, I don't have to check in so often now.

Kewl.

• Meh, I'm in a grass-is-greener mood after finding out a bro's student housing has not only own bathrooms & kitchenette, but also a house cat and halls with plenty of walk-in-walk-out social gigs going on.

That said, gonna cook for people tonight, so it's really nice to actually have a large kitchen available.

• Meh, not the worst piece of pop psychology I've seen. There are bound to pop up actual cultural anthropologists who make an analysis of the subculture sooner or later, though.

• Hmm...what did they say about other media subcultures? 

• edited 2012-01-11 08:41:12
    Diet NEET

Don't really think you can summarize it. Enter 'fandom' in Project Muse and lots of stuff pops up. Google Books might also have a lot. If I needed to make a sweeping generalization, they don't really try to analyze the motifs of the people as well as the system of the subculture. The only contact I've ever had with cultural anthropology was a class on Japanese subcultures, book we used was called Fanning the Flames: http://books.google.nl/books?id=Y_LmaLo4190C&printsec=frontcover&dq=fanning+the+flames&hl=zh-CN&sa=X&ei=b58NT9a0FMnu-gbXvvWtBw&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=fanning the flames&f=false

• You can change. You can.

I like English, in spite of its flaws :/

but...it's shit

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

God Tier: German

Damn right.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I like English, too.

And I'm sorry, but Spanish is most definitely not God tier.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Dogs: cute as puppies, cute when fully grown.
    Cats: cute as kittens, not cute when fully grown.

The answer is obvious.

don't make me go to maine and murder you everest

• edited 2012-01-11 09:45:27
    You can change. You can.

>Prepare batman:TAS liveblog

>See Conductor make a Spiderman:TAS liveblog

>Wondering if Malk will do a Superman:TAS liveblog

>Certainly know that Alex will find knight shit to liveblog

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

*clicks Insanity's link

Published by State University of New York Press, Albany

WOO

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I've already got my Smallville and Scooby-doo liveblog which I haven't updated in forever.

you and i should like...liveblog batman together...maaaaaaan

So, finally got around watching the new Sherlock.

Thoughts

So, finished the episode.

Thoughts

*Fuck yeah, the horror aspect was brilliant. Shame that the Baskerville dog was made with shitty CGi, but it was otherwise a pretty cool story about being in the brink of sanity.
    *BenedictCumberbatch as Sherlock and MartinFreeman as John Watson have incredible chemistry together. Few can't portray the way they like and dislike each other as they did
    *The villain reminded me of the scarecrow and the whole story would fit Batman quite well, were it not for the rural setting.
    *Sadly, the villain was kinda shitty, as most of his villainy wasn't shown to us. We just learn of his acts in the end. In fact, he doesn't have any lines in the final scenes.
    *Moriarty's free to wreak havoc. And he seems to become more and more Jokerish by the minute, what with the obssession and the writing in the walls. I wish he was more of the riddler, seeing as how Moffat's pretty much borrowing from the Batman Mythos at this stage.
    *"I don't have friends, John. Just a friend" <--this line's full of adorableness.

• But you never had any to begin with.

you and i should like...liveblog batman together...maaaaaaan

Dear lord, Juan, what have I told you about taking your own merchandise?!

• Champion of the Whales

Is it bad that in accounting class, I asked this question in the class

"If Pinocchio says "My nose is about to grow", does his nose grow?"

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

No, instead, it instantaneously becomes long.

Dear lord, Juan, what have I told you about taking your own merchandise?!

do it at parties and with friends?

• No rainbow star
    Cats and dogs are equally awesome

Rabbits are also good although irritating at times

I found out a year or two ago that bunnies will try grooming a person they see as an honourary rabbit (as in, "It's ok you're not the superior species that is a rabbit. You're almost good enough, so you get honourary membership". Yes, rabbits seem that full of themselves at times)

Since my sister's rabbit grooms me, he sees me as an honourary bunny

Not sure if good or not
  • But you never had any to begin with.

Full stops are good too.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

My number of notifications is making me want to make a really unfunny forced meme reference T_T

• No rainbow star
    ^ YOU HAVE OVER 9000 NOTIFICATIONS, INUH!?

There
  • Tex-mex thingie went well, although I had to throw a shitton of filling away because there weren't enough wraps and there wasn't enough stomach.

Nachos with cocktailsauce, wraps with chopped meat, beans, paprika, onion, tomato, two kinds of salsa mixes, chili powder, garlic powder, cheese, habanero mix and salad with koreander, tequila as it should be drunk, vanilla with cinnamon and chocolate for dessert. And of course sombreros I nicked at a party several months ago.

It also gives me an excuse to slowly by more herbs to equip the kitchen with.

• but...it's shit

Is that the sound of subjectivity I hear?

not really, no. Any language that doesn't allow for implied subject is pretty much shit, dude.

• Okay, so, if I asked every single English speaking person in the world, they'd all tell me the language it shit, will they?