If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• a little muffled
    @Icalasari: What point in the story are you? Dragon attacks become more frequent as you progress through it (and then drop down again once you complete it).
  • Cygan's movin? And after all the work on that games room as well.

I am still seething with rage at Wonderland. I will not miss this fucker when I complete the level.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    @DYRE: Are those USD prices for imports into the U.S. from Japan or prices within Japan itself converted to approximate USD?

@TheConductor: I would tell you that GOG has Ultima IV for free download once you make an account, but I have a feeling of deja vu.
  • No rainbow star
    Nyktos: Recently got the first word in Whirlwind Sprint. I also have the first word for the Fire Breath one and Fus Ro for Unrelenting Shout

Too many quests to tell which is the freaking main one though x.x
  • edited 2012-01-02 19:14:56
    Are those USD prices for imports into the U.S. from Japan or prices within Japan itself converted to approximate USD?

Prices in Japan converted to USD.  It depends on the series of course, and if it's new and if it's limited edition and... etc., but for instance, K-ON!! was like 8400 yen for each Blu-ray disc.  Though of course things aren't always sold at MSRP.

Though apparently ~$100 is still a good estimate for how much it costs to import a new anime Blu-ray from Japan, if Yesasia's prices are normal.

• ^^ The one with the Dragons.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    >last day of vacation today
    >learn that I have blocks 3 and 4 off tomorrow, so I get to go home at 10:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
  • a little muffled
    @Icalasari: I believe the main quest at that point should be The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, if you haven't done that yey.
  • edited 2012-01-02 20:37:41
    Has friends besides tanks now
    :O

I just finished that quest!

Come to think of it, the first two parts of his post were things I went through, too.
  • edited 2012-01-02 20:51:53
    a little muffled
    I just finished the story for the second time, myself. May or may not be done with the game for a while.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Finally started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I've finished the first level after augmentation. I managed to talk the dude with the eyepatch down from shooting the hostage, and that felt pretty good.

I haven't played enough to really judge it yet, but I like it so far. I like the conversation system quite a bit.

(no I have not played more than like ten minutes of the original, I'll get around to it eventually)
  • I'll give you a prize if you win every speech challenge in the game without taking the CASIE mod.
  • You can change. You can.
    fuck i should learn to not bash my head against fools so often
  • edited 2012-01-02 22:11:43
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^ Heh.

So far, I've managed to pass the one at the end of the first mission, and the one at the police station with that dude who shot the 15 year old kid because Adam wouldn't to let me just wander around the station.

It feels a lot more rewarding than pretty much any conversation system in any game I've played.  Like verbal boss battles or something.

^ well stop that
    it's addictive! D:
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Stop it, or I'll send you to idiot rehab.

Cuz, y'know, that's totally a thing.
    fuck, if it was, i'd be the first in line
  • It really should be.
  • The one at the Police station isn't a proper speech challenge. If it switches to first person, then it's a speech challenge.
    It did switch to first person mode, though.  I had to convince him that he shouldn't blame himself for shooting the kid and to move on.

This one.

• Well I will be damned. My apologies, I remember that as a third-person event.
    No need to apologize.

It's hard to remember every single event in any game.  :V
  • I'm normally much better about it.

Mostly because my memory is meant to be good when I give a damn

Oh god

Maybe my memory is just flat-out bad

D:
    LE GASP

Anyway, I just bought Deus Ex on Steam, because why the fuck not.  Also Portal 2, which means I have pretty much every Valve game now.
  • I bought nothing during the most recent Steam sale.

Absolutely nothing.
    I bought so many things

so

many

things

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Just now, or over the course of the steam sale?
  • edited 2012-01-02 22:38:53
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ You know the sad thing? That probably cost less, all together, than I spent on clothes yesterday, knowing the sales Steam was having. I spent about . . . $160? I think. $64 of that was a pea coat, though (and 20% off, too!).

I still had some CD's and manga volumes in mind, though. Well, that'll probably be a lot less. That's good, at least.
  • Nothing caught my attention, except maybe for The Missing Link, and I didn't really care enough to get it.