If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-01-02 22:41:28
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    @INUH: Over the course of the sale.  I think it all came out to less than seventy dollars, in the end.

@Everest: I was going to comment on how I never spend more money than I have to on clothes, but then I realized that I was eying a Homestuck Hero of Time hoodie for like $42 bucks and shut my mouth.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    My purchases during the sale:
  • edited 2012-01-02 22:47:45
    Has friends besides tanks now
    ^^ Should have gone for it. /shameless owner of eight scarves and skinny jeans

^, ^X You people and your video games.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

The best scene in all of Lost.
  • You can change. You can.
    >New Sherlock

fuck you all, gonna go and watch Benedict Cumberbatch be awesome.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    > Holmesfaggotry
    > may not have seen The Name Of The Rose

Should probably fix that.
    >Seen
    >Name of the rose

you dont see the problem with this sentence
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Hi, I'm back.

Did anything interesting happen while I was away?
    Everybody was banned for new year's eve, INUH flipped his shit at Everest, and Everest finally decided that him and Forzare make the best relationship.

Unfortunately for him, Forzare disagreed.
  • Also I'm back.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    8luh. Time to start work again. Bloody uniform. v_v
    Yeah, but you're actually not and it's a lie
  • At least I'm upfront about how much I'm back ;3
  • edited 2012-01-03 09:31:25
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Forzare disagreed
    Damn straight.
    i should kill you for that pun

also, good god is linkara obnoxious
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I'm probably not going to be about for a bit as my girlfriend is here so will be spending some quality time together.

Hope everyone is having a good new year so far.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

As it turns out, the book on fencing that my teacher just got me is one of those "early fencers were rough and untrained, Renaissance fencers were dignified and graceful" sort of books. Not exactly what I was looking for -_-

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^^^ The best puns are the ones you don't even notice until after you post them.
  • No rainbow star
    I thought the best puns were the ones that are bad enough to make people try to maim and kill you
    So, finally finished the new episode of Sherlock after constantly rewinding to explain the sister everything.

I really like this version of Irene Adler far more than Guy Ritchie's. Then again, Moffat's Sherlock >>>>> Ritchie's Sherlock. 
    new episode of Sherlock
    WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS.
    I just found out this morning. I was also outraged and decided to get my fix ASAP.
  • edited 2012-01-03 16:18:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I calculated and found that I've spent maybe about thirty-something bucks on games since the beginning of last year.  This counts gifts to others (about nine bucks worth) but not others' gifts to me.  This also includes two Humble Bundles, one Indie Gala bundle, and a purchase on GOG, along with purchases on Steam.

About thirty-two of that was spent within the past few months (between the Thanksgiving and winter solstice holiday seasons).  Of that thirty bucks, about twelve and a half were spent on non-Steam purchases, and about nine (including five on Steam) were spent on gifts to others.
  • edited 2012-01-03 16:32:07

I have spent about $10 on video games in the past year, I think...

I'd be willing to spend more, but I play video games so little because I don't have enough of an attention span and it's impossible to tell if a game is good without playing it and games are fairly expensive so buying games doesn't really seem worth it.  Not to mention, there's maybe two games that came out in the past few years that I'm interested in, and I don't own a console that can play either of them (and one of them is only available in Japan right now anyway).

Games are expensive, but comparing the length of a lot of games to the length of the average movie and considering their relative prices, I generally consider games a better purchase.

Of course, "movies are also too expensive" is a valid response to that :P
  • But chances are I'll never finish a game that I buy, but if I buy an anime series or something, I'll probably watch it more than once if it's any good.  And again, far less of a chance of me wasting money on movies or whatever since most of the time I'll have already seen them before buying them.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I've had Steam for only about a year and a half, and now I have almost 150 games worth a total of over $1000.

I need help.
  • I think I'm feeling game burnout. No time, no money and especially no interest.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Based on my estimates, I've paid a little over a dollar per game, on average, depending on how you calculate it.

^^ Are you talking about base price worth or purchase price worth?

^ That's probably a good thing.  Go do something else with your time.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Goddammit

ten turns in, I only needed to survive eleven turns, and then BAM Pablo decides it's a good idea to try and kill me v_v

Bye bye Cormac and Vanessa, hello reset