If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Had a so-so Christmas. Mostly a lot of tension about my father worrying about my sister and then getting so sick he slept half the day anyways.

Gifts were awesome though.
  • edited 2011-12-26 00:20:50
    No rainbow star
    Holy crap, VGCats updated! This must count as a Christmas Mir-

*Fus Ro Dah joke*

...I had hope for VGCats but then I took a Fus Ro Dah in the knee
  • You can change. You can.
    So, just watched the Doctor Who special.

Loved it through and through.
    It was really good, but part of the ending really pissed me off, though mostly for personal reasons.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    Pah. I was Fus Roh Dahing when it was in the Oblivion mod Midas Magic as Force Push.
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    ^^^
    It was a christmas miracle.
  • You can change. You can.
    It was really good, but part of the ending really pissed me off, though mostly for personal reasons.

Lemme guess, [The father coming home and alive]?
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > Bacon works wonders on the soul.

ftfy
    Got it in one, Juan.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Okay, I'm done making that WEG.

It took a while to plan out and find all the pictures.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z82/Glenn_Magus_Harvey/expectations/weg-kiddygrade.png
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    IJBM: When people get rude debating opinions on fiction.
  • edited 2011-12-26 13:35:20
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Yeah, I saw that. If I were you, I'd have just ignored that guy's post and responded to mine, which disagreed with you for actual reasons.

I hollered his post, BTW. "You're wrong because fuck you" is never called for.
    Yeah, but he was easy prey, man.

You use reason. And logic. My only weaknesses that are not having my head cut off and set on fire.
  • edited 2011-12-26 13:49:20
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Well, you wound up convincing me that Zelda stopped having continuity around the time of the Oracles, only for Nintendo to suddenly retcon it back in, requiring them to clean up an ungodly mess.
    In turn, I'm convinced that ALttP is linked (olol) to the original and that Ocarina can be taken as that game's creation myth.

All bets are off after that, though. The series has been running on silly juice for ten years at this stage.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Yeah.

It's probably more efficient to take each subset of games as its own universe and consider them separately at this point. Maybe OOT's part of all of them, but really, they're pretty far removed from one another other than that.
  • edited 2011-12-26 14:01:02

Got Sakura Wars ~So Long, My Love~ for Christmas.

1. I'm amused by the fact that it comes with two copies of the game just so that they can have different audio tracks.  But of course I like that because that means I get to hear the Japanese audio.  Yay!  (well, not that the Japanese voices are great, but... whatever.  I get to be extra weeaboo-y or something)
    2. I really wish more games had dialogue choices/QTE's like this game.  They're like... actually fun.  Which I guess is a good thing since it's apparently not actually an RPG at all, and instead a dating sim/visual novel with some turn-based strategy battles thrown in.

And on a totally different note... I've complained about Yen Press's translation of K-ON! before, but since I feel like complaining and I just noticed this particular bit recently... On the sides of each book, where it says "K-ON!" and the number of the book (1,2,3, or 4)... this part is slightly smaller on the second book which kind of looks shitty anyway, but more importantly means that when the books are placed next to each other on a bookshelf, the volume numbers don't all line up, because volume 2's number is somewhat higher than all the others.

^^ What I'd like to see is a reboot. No significant changes, really -- Nintendo can just declare "alright, we're back at the drawing board" and do it sequentially with the influence of their current experience and idea of what a singular plot might look like.

A benefit of that would be getting a consistent idea of how Hyrule changes over time, as well as using newer perspectives and technology to shoot for better characterisation. For instance, Zelda's been showing a tendency towards being more active of late. In Skyward Sword, she goes between being charming and deserving a good scolding.

Furthermore, we'd get a remake of the original. This would be great because, under the sequential interpretation theory, the Hyrule from the original is essentially post-apocalyptic entirely. Ganon has won utterly, and Link's arrival is a last-minute, last-ditch effort from the gods that have been deposed to restore order and peace to Hyrule.

plus the sword mechanics could keep expanding as it went on, ending in an incredible final battle with extremely precise and skillful swordplay
  • edited 2011-12-26 14:09:55
    Ah, after a few months of lacking it, Wi-Fi is back. This won't be good for my assignments, though.
    ^^I think they can do interesting stuff with the current timeline. I just think the way the timeline came about is kinda shaky.

But yeah, remakes of the earlier games with the new timeline in mind would probably help sell people on it.
    On the subject of Zelda, my sister is playing Skyward Sword and named Link fagballs.

What has the internet done.
    I think they can do interesting stuff with the current timeline

which one
    Er...yeah, probably should have said "timeline structure."

Basically, if this means they think about story more in the future, it will probably lead to some good stuff.
  • edited 2011-12-26 14:23:37
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    OLD REPUBLIC GET

(yeah I have no patience for waiting)
  • edited 2011-12-26 14:26:29
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    WMG: Nintendo announces that it was all a single timeline upon the release of the next game; the reasoning is perfect.

All heads asplode.

Hard Mode: All the games involve a single Link, Zelda and Gannondorf.
    That's easy, actually. Recurring time loop with variations.
    EXTREEEEME Mode: No time shenanigans, apart from Ocarina.
  • edited 2011-12-26 14:39:00
    Diet NEET
    Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are all part of an sf-and-fantasy society IRL, all the games are dreams of a comatose Link after he got beat up by Ganon over Zelda.

On an IRL note, gonna go to a retro vidya-themed party at the local disco. This clashes nicely with the final check-up of a medicine study next morning, meaning no booze for me. I'll just overdose on sugar instead.
  • edited 2011-12-26 14:40:05
    But you never had any to begin with.
    EXTREEEEME Mode: No time shenanigans, apart from Ocarina.

Literally impossible. Oracle of Ages. :P