If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Characters being seen as archetypes is not new. Yes, Batman is a Byronic Hero. I don't see how is that different, really.
  • The thing is, I often get the impression guys end up seeing actual girls through that kind of lens. Obviously enough people know how to distinguish fantasy from reality, but there are a bunch of creepers that do think like that.
  • I admit this is the first time I wondered about how onomatopoeic
    spelling extensions would apply to words with multiple spellings.

Admittedly, with Australian spelling that should have been "I love you Sabrrrrrrrrrr-

No.
    The thing is, I often get the impression guys end up seeing actual girls through that kind of lens. Obviously enough people know how to distinguish fantasy from reality, but there are a bunch of creepers that do think like that.

that's problem outside of anime fandom. It's a problem with geeks in general, I'd say.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    >
    Unless Batman. 

Seriously, arguing for Batman being moe might be the best use of my Batmanology ever.

"S-stupid Robin never following orders... I didn't adopt you because I like you or anything..."
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^That leaves some implications that I don't want to touch thank you very much.
    Oh come on, Batman/Robin jokes are a classic staple! =D

In more serious news, I'm thinking about running that conference and I'm suddenly getting a case of frights. I keep thinking of how terrible I'd be at it. Then I keep thinking that I have to try for myself but this isn't just about me, it's about kids who need guidance but maybe it'd help both of us and AUGH!
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    I say do it.
    Yeah, I'm probably going to e-mail them with info.

I guess I just dislike the idea of failing at something that affects other people.
  • edited 2011-12-18 23:34:53

First, did you practice speaking or write up a draft of potential things to talk about? If you haven't, get going.

If you have however, then remove the notion of "failure" from your mind. Failure does not exist.

• HNNNNNNNNNNG

I WISH I HAD PAID ATTENTION DURING JAPANESE
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    The name of the gallery is even worse, "Feminist cookies"
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    First, I would think it's sarcasm mocking what they perceive to be the feminist movement's wrongs, but having been on the internet for so long, I know that Poe's Revolving Door rotates unexpectedly, so I don't know anymore.

Second, that is a very sickly green color of frosting.
  • No rainbow star
    ^^^ But it doesn't say that they aren't a racist so the person is still awful in my eyes >:|
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    ^^^^That Chris Rock sketch comes to mind.
  • No rainbow star
    ^ ...Oh wow...

...Bet they don't have one that says, "Not a pedophile"!
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    No I guess they just feel that falls under the not a rapist one.
    >
    I am amazed that men think they deserve credit for not raping women.

I'm going to steal from Chris Rock and say it's amazing how many people think they deserve credit for shit they're supposed to do. 'I've never raped a woman!' or 'I don't hit my girlfriend.' You don't get credit for not doing bad things that you're expected not to do already.
  • ^ Actually, Malk, I think that's the point.

I'm pretty sure these are linked to on a trope page I once edited ages ago (don't ask me which). The cookies are by feminists and send up men who expect women to treat them as heroes for minimal acts of "feminism".

It's a depressing thought, since whilst I can guarantee that I've never raped anyone, I haven't really done much to resolve the child-care needs of working mothers, so I'm clearly never going to get laid by any passing feminists. 

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ON A SLIGHTLY LESS CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC

Should I watch Baccano! or Gungrave next?
    Finish Doctor Who first. Specially now that the Christmas Special is coming in.
  • edited 2011-12-19 12:18:38
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh yeah

I still have the whole second half of the last season to watch.

But it's kind of difficult, since I'm stuck on a crappy old netbook right now, since my good computer is busted.  I can't really torrent and watch anything of decent quality.  So, I'm pretty much stuck with what I have on DVD/Netflix instant for a while.

Thus, Gungrave or Baccano.
    Ingmar Bergman's Hour of The Wolf.
    I'd say that you should save Baccano for when the IJBM Anime Club takes off
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I'm not being preemptive or anything, I just wanted to ask people's opinion on something else, because this is basically the talk about whatever thread.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Started reading No Logo. It's fairly interesting, in how it depicts the history of corporate advertising.
  • Except that capital letters represent shouting on the Internet. It's not like you ever need to shout to switch the topic to anime on this board.