If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Spent the weekend supervising a teen Quaker program. The group runners are talking to me to actual start running conferencese. Might take them up on it provided my dad's health stablizes.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Is there a good $2.99 western-style RPG on GOG.com?

Speaking of gaming, though...right now, I'm simultaneously very disappointed in my self wasting several days on Terraria, and disappointed in the rest of you for not commenting on the Terraria thread.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    ^Planescape: Torment goes for $4.99. Other than that, I dunno.

Well, I fell asleep this afternoon, and woke up just now. It's 4 AM. I can't really do anything because I don't want to wake my parents up.
    Well I currently have Fallout and Fallout 2 on my radar.  Wondering if I should go with one of them, or if there's a better WRPG out there for the same price.

And yes, this is still me trying to find a nice WRPG that's reasonably approachable for a newcomer (though I do have D&D experience, plus extensive JRPG experience).
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Are the Baldur's Gate games on there? Cuz those are pretty much my favorite WRPGs.

I really need to get around to Planescape Torment. It really does seem like the sort of thing I'd love.
    I've tried to play it, but it's really hard to run on a modern computer. I've been meaning to give it another go.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Is there a good $2.99 western-style RPG on GOG.com?

Both Fallout games are that much right now.

>Are the Baldur's Gate games on there? Cuz those are pretty much my favorite WRPGs.

Yup.
    I tried Baldur's Gate 1 and it seemed rather overwhelming...at least, that little house in the first town with the combat simulator was overwhelming, and then the guy wouldn't let me back in for another go.  That was just annoying.  Then I ventured out, and it was slow going until I met some wild animals and then pretty easily died to them.

@INUH: BG1 ran on my computer.  Though it may have been my last one, but both have had Win7.
    Er, sorry, I was talking about Planescape: Torment.
  • But you never had any to begin with.
    GoG's version of Planescape runs perfectly well on modern computers.
    Of course it does -_-

And here I am, owning the disc version.
  • edited 2011-12-18 12:52:09
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    That reminds me that I should get the Ultima games from GOG. It's odd that I haven't already (aside from IV, which is free anyway). Seriously, I have Baldur's Gate II, I have Planescape: Torment, I have Might and Magic I-VII, but I don't have Ultima? What was I thinking?

I should be able to get all the games (Ultima I-VII Part 2 and the Underworld games) for ten Euro or at least a little more than that, if I get them on time. I guess, I could skip the first three games, by virtue (no pun intended) of not having aged well, but I rather liked the first game.
    I would go on such a spending spree if GOG would take my credit card T_T
    @INUH: pirate a patched version.  Don't feel bad about it since you already own a legal hard copy.
  • edited 2011-12-18 12:56:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Fair point :D

I'll do that...sometime >.>

The version I have runs, mostly, but there's stuff like everyone walking sideways and lag and such.
  • edited 2011-12-18 13:03:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Anyone know whether there exists an updated-to-modern-computers version of Thief: the Dark Project?
    The disc version of that one worked fine for me.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    Thief seems to have problems with modern multi-core processors. I have a program, with which I can start programs using only one core and the game works fine with that. I forgot where I got it, though.

To my knowledge, such an updated version of Thief doesn't exist. I could be wrong, though.
    The version I tried just freezes on the first screen.
    I think I had to run as admin or add something to the shortcut or something.
  • edited 2011-12-18 13:35:20
    ^^ Yup, sounds like the multi-core problem. There are ways around that, but I'm not exactly sure what (aside from the program I can't remember where I got it from).

^ Nah, that won't work. At least not alone.

Oh, but I found out its name: Win Launcher XP.
  • edited 2011-12-18 13:34:51
    Tech support
  • Here is how you fix it manually

• Start the game(go only as far as the menu).

• Alt-Tab out of it.

• Bring up the task manager(Ctrl-Alt-Del then T).

• Click on the processes tab.

• Find thief.exe(thief2.exe as well as thief2.icd for thief 2).

• Right click on it/them and go to set affinity.

• Uncheck all but one of the cpus.

• Alt-Tab back into the game and play.
  • edited 2011-12-18 14:18:13
    Quick question (no special reason for that, really, I'm just curious): Is it stupid to delete an account without any reason and make a new one, just because you are bored?
    Where are you doing this?
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Finally back from the religious retreat. Dog tired from the trip here. Also, I forgot to ask the runners for the info on volunterring to run a retreat.
  • You can change. You can.
    Zudak did it. And Zudak is great. So you're free.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I just finished season 2 of Lost.

Damn, I forgot how powerful that episode was.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I've applied to Colby College. And so I can say that I've applied somewhere.

Now to work on BU stuff.
    B^U

Hey, I'm applying there too.