If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    It went up in price again. $20 a month now.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    Reading about how awesome the Persian empire was makes me lament even
    more that history education is so white man dominated, particularly
    since that means I end up knowing much more about white men than I do
    about my own Chinese heritage. Though that's largely my own fault for
    not showing more interest.

To be absolutely fair, history education leaves out a lot of awesome European stuff as well.

You're correct on that last part, too. The most important factor in any study is the student, rather than teacher or resources. I'd suggest some history, but my knowledge of Chinese history is limited to some basic knowledge of Chinese martial arts and wuxia exaggerations of historical battles.
  • edited 2011-12-19 20:03:41

^Eh, I'll find it myself. Besides, conflict interests me much less than government, inventions, and culture. And Wikipedia is at least a good start.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-thomson/one-of-the-most-shameful_b_610258.html

There's something blackly comedic about the media launching a huge hate campaign motivated by profit and then accusing the jury of bias.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    lol, I didn't realize that Nathan Fillion was in an episode of Lost.

It was a Kate episode though, so bluh D:<
  • They're somethin' else.
    finished watching Mirai Nikki episode 8.

"OMG your cellphone can tell the future?!"

"Didn't you know? There's an app for that!"
  • edited 2011-12-19 21:00:52

(finally gets Physics mark back)

(sees mark significantly above average)

Haha, ha! C'est gag-ne!!!

• No rainbow star
    My parents refuse to get me video games or horror movies for Christmas, and I still need to finish off Manga I have

...=/ They basically killed any chance at a list. I'm down to asking for gift cards, then seeing about trading them with people to get gift cards that would let me get what I want
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    So...MIT is about to start offering online degree programs to anyone :O
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    What? source?
    http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/mitx-education-initiative-1219.html

The degree isn't technically from MIT, but you take their classes and such, and the program is run by them.
  • ^Hmm...I might consider taking courses since right now the only mainstream programming language I know is C++.

Aside, the song that Nice Guys(TM) should listen to:

• INUH wrote:
    I can't eat the US ones anymore ever since they started putting a "may
    contain peanuts" warning on them, so I have to order them from abroad.
    I know what you meant, but the wording makes it sound like the label is the reason you can't eat them anymore, which amuses me.
    Eh, for all I know, it is. A lot of companies throw that on there just to avoid liability.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    American Miku 

I have no words...
  • Well that's...  actually a pretty crappy design.  Yeah.  Hm...

I dunno.  I can't really have much more of a reaction than that.  I don't really have any interest in Hatsune Miku or any other Vocaloids beyond acknowledging that Miku inspired Black★Rock Shooter.

• Just finished a 4, 143 word post on an RP site to conclude a mission I was in. Pretty sure that's the largest in the history of the site, at least since I joined.

fuckyeah.jpg
  • edited 2011-12-20 00:46:18
    Doublepost because I'm being an emo attention whore. (EDIT: Oh hey, ninja'd so it's not really a double post anymore)
    Anyway I should just stop posting here.
    Not that I will, obviously, or else I'd just do it and not post about it.  Still, I regret like 50% of the posts I make here within seconds of posting them.
    I wish the Post Comment button were like... harder to click on or something.
    Sorry I'm being all whiny and shit.  I'll stop.  But basically, what do y'all suggest?  Try to post less impulsively?  Or just learn to dealwithitfgt and not [DATA EXPUNGED]-ify all my posts right after I post them?
    Of course, you'll probably say the latter.
    So nevermind.
    Disregard this post I guess.

So that it's not entirely worthless... IJBM: 5-hour Energy tastes like shit and probably doesn't actually do anything, but I still feel like it helps so I'm drinking it and thus wasting several dollars each bottle when I'd probably get a similar effect from a cup of coffee.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I'd say try to post less impulsively, actually.
    Still, I regret like 50% of the posts I make here within seconds of posting them.

And I usually see them before you blank them, then have no idea why you'd blank them.
  • edited 2011-12-20 01:40:36

(okay this is terrible I know I shouldn't just blank this post 'cause of the nature of this conversation but fuck it I really can't deal with this post holy crap so whiny I need a break from the internet or something)

• Likes cheesecake unironically.
    I don't really have any interest in Hatsune Miku or any other Vocaloids
    beyond acknowledging that Miku inspired Black★Rock Shooter.

Actually, not even that. She (or better said, a song that someone made) just made the character more well-known.
  • Er... right.  That.  Yeah.

• edited 2011-12-20 04:31:48
    Likes cheesecake unironically.
    ^ Too nitpicky?

Judging from a thread on Yack Fest, there may be a new member here soon.

And due to my recent purchase of Pathfinder (Core Rules) and lack of co-players in real life (although, maybe I should make use of the RPG club I got to know on the anime/manga con I visited two months ago), I'm kind of in the mood for a forum RPG. I'm not sure where, though. And which language. Since I have the German version, it could be a bit tricky to play with others who use the English one. Although I should know enough basic D&D terminology in both languages.

Talking about RPG, I initially thought the "PTA" thread would be about Prime Time Adventures (which I actually don't really know, but the concept sounds interesting).
  • >Sollicit for board function
    >Optimistic about how it went, which probably means I'll be turned down
    >Walk out of student office, see posters for other board functions

Problem solved.
  • You can change. You can.
    (okay this is terrible I know I shouldn't just blank this post 'cause of the nature of this conversation but fuck it I really can't deal with this post holy crap so whiny I need a break from the internet or something)

Have you considered drafting your posts before posting them? Reading them out loud before doing so might help as well.
  • @Malky: American Miku reminds me of a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. XD
  • edited 2011-12-20 06:40:50
    @Inuh: Are you sure that the snickers from other countries don't use peanuts as opposed to just having more lax labeling requirements?
    If he's eating them when he's allergic to peanuts, then I'm tempted to think that it's true, yeah.
  • ^^^^ That's... a good idea!

But not likely one I'll implement.

Because...

um...

dunno.

Too tired right now to decide to do things that are good decisions.

It's why I'm still awake right now.

Eh, it happens. Try to sleep. I know how annoying it can be to not sleep and still feel tired. Shit, yesterday, I was having sort of a...mental...breakdown. I mean, nothing as hard as that, but I do remember that for most of the night, my thoughts were rather...incoherent. It was weird and scary and fuck i hated it