If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.
    Forgot to muse on the human condition, you pessimist monster >:|
  • $80+ per session
    Uuuuuuuuuurg.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.
    ^^ Whoops! I'll try harder next time. T_T
    also, it amuses me that i've been playing guitar for almost the whole of this conversation.
    Playing in English, lol.
  • $80+ per session
    -doesnt know where to start-
    you know it, man. 

--plays a fuck you chord--

it'd look something like this

| | | | | |
    | | o | | |
    | o | o | |
    | | | | o |

this is totally readable, shaddap.
  • edited 2011-11-06 23:59:29
    One foot in front of the other, every day.
    You'll want an instrument and someone to teach you.

I recommend learning a song or two you like and then starting on theory.

^ what the fuck is that meant to be, some kind of dominant seven chord or some shit
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    INUH: Well the after-credits bit at least brought attention to the discrepancy even if the last bit was WTF-worthy. I just hate when something spends so much time developing a connection like that... to do that to them...
  • $80+ per session
    But I want to do electronic music and DJing...
  • edited 2011-11-07 00:01:06
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Hmmm...yeah, not entirely sure what you're referring to...and the WYSIWYG is off, so you can't do spoilers easily...
  • edited 2011-11-07 00:02:00
    You can change. You can.
    @MadassAlexClose enough

^It's not off anymore
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Ah, there it is.
    @Vivi: All music theory is the same, whether it applies to electronic music, classical, metal, jazz, whatever. Okay, so classical theory and jazz theory have some different terminology and approaches, but they function on the same logic. Point is, you'll need to get some understanding under your belt, and I think the best way to do that is to learn some established music, learn some theory and see how the music you know uses that.

@Juan:

> using a natural 3 and #9 in the same chord
    > 2011
    The fact that [After estaplishing Junpeiand Akane have a supernatural bond, literally, that pulls them together the game still decides to separate them in the end.]]
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    Oh, yeah, that did kinda suck.

Though given that [Akane would be on the run from the cops right now], it makes sense, in a depressing sort of way. Things might change later.
    > using a natural 3 and #9 in the same chord
    > 2011

Hendrix did it.

Hendrix is still better than all guitar players in 2011

learn2bapedant
  • $80+ per session
    But how do you "learn one or two songs you like" with Electronic
  • edited 2011-11-07 00:08:59
    > implying that Hendrix is better than Marty Friedman
    > 2011

ololol

^ That's the thing. Electronic music begins with sampling and composition, so it's really difficult to get the basics under wraps, 'cause it throws you in the deep end. If you've got a keyboard or piano or guitar around, they'll do you well to begin with so you can learn to understand music the "normal" way. Plenty of electronic musicians began with standard instruments, too.
    One of these guys made up a chord that is still used in modern musical theory and is one of the many basis of Jazz comping

the other one is Marty Friedman.
  • $80+ per session
    Do you think a bass would work Alex?
  • edited 2011-11-07 00:11:26
    One of those guys regurgitated a well-known jazz chord in a rock context.

One of those guys played alongside Jason Becker, did lead guitar for Megadeth and had a career on Japanese TV. Jus' sayin'.

^ Absolutely.

v Absolutely.
    Bass is actually a good instrument. You can play competently with the basics, but you can also become much more complex if you choose to pursue technical mastery.
  • edited 2011-11-07 00:12:56
    You can change. You can.
    A bass is excellent, I think.

Also, first song will probably come as you are. Because nirvana is bass heavy (Read: Bass simple)

One of those guys regurgitated a well-known jazz chord in a rock context.

One of those guys played alongside Jason Becker, did lead guitar for Megadeth and had a career on Japanese TV. Jus' sayin'. 

It wasn't exactly well known. Of course a jazz chord is not new.

And 

>Megadeth
    >Considered a good thing

now that is the most hilarious thing i've ever read in my life

and i've read confederacy of dunces
    Most bass lines for songs are pretty simple.

And not to diss the bass or bassists, but with the simplistic way it's utilized I'm surprised it's the drummer with the insinuations on his intelligence.
  • $80+ per session
    Okay cool. Bass is the only actual instrument I would want to learn. Now that I have a job, first Ill buy a bass and an amp.
  • edited 2011-11-07 00:16:04
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Keep in mind, I'm not saying all bassists are simpletons, just that a lot of rock music criminally under-uses the instrument.

It's amusing that Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian are better about this because their founders are bassists.
    Oh of course, I'm just pimping Jack Bruce because he's probably one of my favorite bassists ever.

At least, he belongs in the "not John Paul Johns but not dude from Green Day" category.
    Jesus, give me a few weeks to get back into form, and I could do Green Day's guitar parts. I think it's safe to say they're not famous for their technical complexity.