If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ^^ And one of the most useful pieces is the concept of probability and its application to uncertainty.  It's what allows me to say, yes, it's possible that the vast majority of the scientific community is wrong about climate change happening and being anthropogenic...but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • I've got Space Asshole stuck in my head.

I'm okay with this.

• No rainbow star
    Here's a few Glenn:

Mudkip

Longcat

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Lolcats
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I'm so glad Mongrels is back on TV.
    I love the songs in it especially.

• They're somethin' else.
    I didn't sign up for this, I just wanted to get away. Somewhere Remote.

Just a place, where I could earn myself, a days pay, without being smote.

But everytime I time I think its safe, every time I think its calm.

I am wrong.

SPACE ASSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

HAMMER SWINGING, BUILDINGS FALLING DOWN

SPACE ASSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

LAYING WASTE TO THIS ENTIRE TOWN
  • "It's what allows me to say, yes, it's possible that the vast majority of the scientific community is wrong about climate change happening and being anthropogenic...but I wouldn't bet on it."

I still think it's incredibly stupid that political pundits question people that dedicate their lives to researching this and think their (less than) bare minimum knowledge deserves equal weight.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    I know I posted about my discontent with the "my nigga" meme a while ago, but would anyone be offended if I quoted The Boondocks in my signature out of context? >.>
  • You can change. You can.
    Not really, no. At this rate, the word "nigga" has either lost all its edge or is just plain sad.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ What he said.
    . . . I'm not sure if that isn't disapproval or not. :?
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I wouldn't be offended or anything if you did.
    Well, it's a Boondocks quote. I approve of the Boondocks, so.
    Well, there it is (clip it's drawn from here).
    A-AHM A WORRIAH!
  • I am Dr. Ned who is totally not Dr. Zed in disguise.
    I need to stop rewatching the Mongrels songs but I I'm not sure if I can :s
    This is a pretty good Lilly Allen sound a like about Domestic Abuse.

• No rainbow star
    Gah, the gum still hurts

Going to have to see a dentist to make sure that it isn't anything worrying such as an infection or cyst caused by the wisdom tooth under there
    Mudkip: I don't know too much about how this is invoked.  It seems to be major part association, minor part interrupt, and not much pattern.

Longcat: Also one I don't know much about, but it seems to be major part association (mostly through lolcats/Caturday/Catnarok/cat macros contexts), not much interrupt at all, and minor part pattern, as there is a "Catnarok" mythos as well as a respect for pictures that further lengthen Longcat to ridiculous lengths.

That said, I just discovered something: My system only deals with invocations of memes from situations that did not previously contain them.  Like, "when/why would you think of this meme?".

Combo Breaker: Low on association; if there is any it might be to fighting games but most invocations don't involve that.  Its essence is interrupt, though the way it does this is through a pattern (specifically, an interruption pattern).

Lolcats: Like its sub-meme Longcat, lolcats are major part association (seeing these makes you want to see more, and you start off typically by one person linking to cat macros in a conversation).  They have seen almost no use as interrupts.  Structural patterns are sometimes present, most notably the use of captions, the use of badly-grammar'd but "cute" language, and the idea behind all animal image macros--that of interpreting an animal's face in a picture as an expression.  Again, not frequently invoked externally.
    I'm rather ashamed to say that I'm barely watching the 2nd episode of Mirai Nikki. LOAD FASTER YOU GODDAMN STREAM (no I will not torrent, STFU.)
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Torrents have better resolution. And I can rewatch them without waiting for them to load. ^_^
    ^This. A million times this.

to this day, i don't understand why people still stream.
    Huh... I guess I should consider that.

And yeah, I keep wanting to watch Episode 1 for two things: The now infamous "Yandere Face" and Yuno's "Psh, is that it? *stretch*" reaction to the 3rd's death.

Hm... I expected the 9th's color scheme to be green somehow. Don't know why. Damn black n white mango XD
    -sigh- I have a Physics test tomorrow and I feel like I haven't learned shit this entire unit.
  • edited 2011-11-07 21:37:29
    They're somethin' else.
    ... Yuno and Yuki's EEK PROTECT ME kiss had a lot more of an impact in the manga. It was probably the arrangement of the shot.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Agreed. The Yandere face works better in the animu though.
    I stream when I don't plan on keeping stuff and think of it as a throwaway/one-time watch.
    > black and white mango

Don't read it.  It's spoiled.
  • edited 2011-11-07 21:40:57

^^ That doesn't really address the fact that streams look like shit and somehow manage to be far less convenient than torrents.

That said, I do very occasionally stream things, if I'm at school so I can't torrent and there's no DDL for whatever it is.

^I guess his logic is that as he is not going to watch it again, then there's no point in having it in your hard drive, wasting space.

Which is invalid as there's a handy "del" key in your keyboard.
  • edited 2011-11-07 21:42:39
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    They look like shit?  Haven't noticed much of a problem with that.  The streams aren't like super high res, but they're passable most of the time.

A bigger problem with streams is desynched audio, actually.

Torrents are far less convenient than streams since you have to wait for several gigs of stuff to down before you can watch anything.  We're talking about wait times of anywhere from a day to a week, typically.  And when you're done downing it, you're out several gigs of space.  So basically, you have to commit to wanting it.

^ Except if you just torrented something, you ought to at least let it seed up to 1 before scrapping it.
    Man, I'd love to see how Funimation handles this series XD