If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Well, the cat walks more or less normally when she cares to (not very often), the problem is that she wasn't eating, so I took her to the vet and it turns out she has intestinal obstruction, which is why she wasn't eating or being inactive (which is also probably why she got caught by the neighbor's dog in the first place). This will probably require surgery, and I don't think I'll be able to afford it, at least not without being able to turn Amazon balance into Bs. F., so...

Maaan, I really want to get into freelancing, but...
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'm really sorry about your cat, I hope you can get through this whole thing with the least amount of hardship (for the both of you).

Today I read two consecutive thinkpieces on one opinion blog that will remain nameless about how (commercial) diversity is just a means to silence us all and indoctrinate us into the white neocolonialist capitalist system. One was heavier on this than the other, but they were both very much in this direction.

The other leaned more heavily on the current crisis with L'Oreal's choice for a model in a hijab who turned out to have views that, to borrow GMH's words, are part of the one controversial geopolitical argument that lights the internet on fire. It also mentioned how L'Oreal's first trans model was fired for being actually kind of racist, which it called "denouncing white supremacy" (it really was not).

Aside from my opinion really differing from this, one article used a picture of Aja Naomi King who stars on HTGAWM who as literally the definition of the American black girl clawing her way up no matter the cost, which felt not just mean spirited but very much against it's own message that diversity is a means of silencing the socio-economic issues minorities face. The other randomly mentioned Matt Damon because he believes in diversity, which felt like yet another stab at Matt Damon for expressing fairly normal views.

Because this has been quite serious; lol's new single has a name: ice cream/Wasurenai (it's a double A-side again, and I love that). I know it seems silly to be excited over a name but lol's music always really brightens my day and they're really what embodies the most fun parts of J-pop for me at the moment.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    views that, to borrow GMH's words, are part of the one controversial geopolitical argument that lights the internet on fire.
    I'm guessing this is about Israel/Palestine?

Because there are lately an increasing number of geopolitical arguments that light the internet on fire.
  • I'm really sorry about your cat, I hope you can get through this whole thing with the least amount of hardship (for the both of you).

Thank you. I think I may be able to afford an operation after all, but still it's kind of a lot to pay for.

Also I think I'm going to take more seriously internet money-making to make up for that and whatever else may come up. I guess that means I have to start working on making a name for myself in the world of... 3DCG I guess?
    to borrow GMH's words, are part of the one controversial geopolitical argument that lights the internet on fire.

The first thing that came to mind was GamerGate (for a broad definition of "geopolitical"). I can think of several geopolitical arguments that light the internet on fire, though.

On unrelated news, I tend to use this thread's draft box as a notepad to remember things. It's a bad habit though since I sometimes copy it, post what I'm meant to post but forget to paste it back and save so it gets lost, like how it happened recently.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    It also mentioned how L'Oreal's first trans model was fired for being actually kind of racist, which it called "denouncing white supremacy" (it really was not).

Makes me wonder what was actually being said. Also, what little had reached me about the hijab-ed model was mostly along the lines of "how can you make a shampoo ad when you don't uncover your hair".

Also, I hope the ^ cat gets better.
    Also, I hope the ^ cat gets better.
    Me too. Happy that surgery might be a viable option now.
    I'm guessing this is about Israel/Palestine?

Yup.
    Makes me wonder what was actually being said.

There is a whole Wikipedia page about it. It was more new-school woke inflammatory-ness-ness than genuine like... racism, but it still happened.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    2017 was actually not bad at all*, I think. In terms of years on the planet Earth.

*well except for the freak weather incidents but those are definitely getting worse either way.

PLANET
    Accidentally dropped a DVD player. It's the only one we have that is region-free.

Now the door won't close properly.
  • My cat died.

I'm feeling like shit, I could've saved her if I had known better. The operation was successful (apparently she swallowed a rat's skull, but she still wouldn't eat/drink so I had to force feed her. I thought I was feeding her often (~5cc every 30 mins when neither of us was asleep) enough but she was getting dehydrated (her urine was a concentrated yellow), I was getting worried but at one point she drank a sizeable ammount of water by herself (she hadn't eaten/drank by herself until that point) so I thought she was getting better. My brother also adviced me not to feed her too much (it's stressful for cats to be force fed) and so I didn't do it as often as I could. I brought her to the vet again who tried to hydrate her but eventually she died.

I'll miss her, her name was Catira (lit. "blonde"), she was all fluffy and she would do all in her power to get scratched. Unfortunately I don't have a recent photo of her pre-condition, but I have old ones from when she had cubs. Lookie:

cTMSnut.jpg
    sorry to hear about that. r.i.p. Catira.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I'm sorry to hear that. :(
  • edited 2018-02-05 02:45:37
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    especially unfortunate that she died so soon after the surgery...
    My condolences.
  • edited 2018-02-05 05:26:43
    Thank you all.

^^ Also dehydration is a terrible way to die.

I was relieved when I found the operation would cost much less than I had anticipated, relieved when the operation went smoothly, relieved when I got her home, and she was lucky for the dog attack that made us find out the issue in the first place. She had everything to survive. If only I had taken better care of her, taken her to the vet immediately both times, being more diligent with her feeding as the doctor told me, etc., my logic that feeding her too much at least wouldn't kill her turned out to be right, but...

Also I didn't take her to the vet as early as I could because I was afraid of the expenses, but in the end I spent a lot of money without even saving her.

I miss my cat...

I have a lot to regret now.

Edit: Also right before Catira died the doctor taught me a much less forceful way of feeding her that I should have been using the whole time (pressing the syringe against the upper part of the mouth while squirting).
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Poor cat. Don't be too hard on yourself, you did your best.
  • edited 2018-02-05 20:38:27
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Short-lived Steam forum thread today:
    subject: "if a women has starch masks on her body does that mean she has been pargnet before..?"
    my circle is normal but yet i still dont get peegnant
    thanks

...is anyone else here wondering how babby is formed?

(thread gone, btw.)
    oh, it was copypasta
  • That video just came to mind. I didn't even remember the specific wording quoted in it.
  • Well, an uncle has died.
    Ouch. Not a good week. My condolences.
    lrdgck wrote: »

I'm really sorry for your loss.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    lrdgck wrote: »

• Thank you all. Although I should perhaps add that I wasn't very close to him.
  • edited 2018-02-07 15:35:14
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Today I had a vivid daydream about going back in time to stop Apple from becoming the market leader in the smartphone market. It involved becoming an SVP at Blackberry, then securing Foxconn by offering them a better deal, and releasing ads very similar to the PC vs. Mac ones (with Mac as an unreliable hipster with white guy dreadlocks and Blackberry as the cool preppy guy moving up in the world).

Only when I'd considered a whole bunch of options did I realize this was possibly the worst use of anybody's ability to time travel (or daydream, really).
  • edited 2018-02-14 11:24:07
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    It wasn't actually technically frowned upon to fudge how you treated your financial assets/derivatives and stuff until literally last month.

Even though the recession this fudging caused happened in 2008.