If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• There is love everywhere, I already know

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Happy birthday!

I forgot where this issue came up (here or over at HH), but today, I found the word "naïve" spelled with the dieresis, in a paper published in 2009.

• edited 2014-05-21 22:21:33
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

So I may be obtaining a new laptop in the less-than-distant future. Anyone have any recommendations for a decent all-around rig? Price range around $1K or less, $1.5K at most.

Try to find something with Windows 7 and a 15" screen at the smallest.  That's all I know how to say anyway.

• My opinion is to stay away from HP and Acer Laptops, stay away from any laptop with a screen bigger than 15.6''. You will likely pay a premium for a decent Windows 7 laptop. The best bet for finding a decent windows 7 laptop is to go to a website that allows you to customize the laptop before ordering. 

• Thanks y'all.

Happy Birthday song.

stealing it

• edited 2014-05-22 05:06:46
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Wait, I think we forgot that crazy happy birthday video where that guy gets dragged into the TV.

Also, yeah, planning on pirating Win7 is probably a more probable bet than trying to get one with Win7 out of the box.

Also, I had this weird dream where I started watching Elemental Gelade, except it was animated with these weird top-down Flash-style sprite graphics featuring random Final Fantasy characters mixed in with a jungle-gym-like thing where I actually was crawling through videogame levels in 3D or something, and the show was renamed Guilty Crown.  I tried crawling over to a late-game area despite it not working at all.  Also I tried picking up gems on the ground that were clearly visible and pass-over-able but just not pick-up-able for some weird reason.

• UPDATE:

everything's just kinda yeah what yeah WHAT

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

How much of us live in the EU, anyway? 'Cause I don't feel like starting an entire thread, but on the other hand I've sorta been expecting to see, like, a rant on politics or something.

• Most left or haven't been on since a long time. I think IA and you are the only ones left.

I can't say I expected a lot, but I hoped there'll be, like, three or so.

Political threads are always interesting.

• edited 2014-05-25 21:02:51
    a little muffled

Most left or haven't been on since a long time. I think IA and you are the only ones left.
    I was gonna say Ironweaver is still here, but shit, it's been a whole month since he last posted.

edit: Oh right, he's not actually in the EU anyway.

• so does Encyclopedia Dramatica just not exist anymore or what

• Donation drive is happening currently, you can use the archive website in the meantime. 

I presume that a majority of donations comes in form of dogecoins, Zimbabwean currency, Rickrolls, and anime smut?

• I think you might be confusing them with reddit.

You may be onto something. Scratch those dogecoins and Zimbabwe.

• So it's a financial issue, eh?

That's kind of hilarious...after all the people vowing to "take down" ED over the years, what finally manages to do it? Capitalism.

• edited 2014-05-27 21:30:02
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

capitalism.jpg

I'm sorry, but someone had to do it.

• edited 2014-05-28 15:09:40
    Diet NEET

Won an essay contest on revolutions for a think tank, the prize was a book on revolutions, and discussed revolutions with a Russian analyst. My premise was the social media were a cancer to the image the West paints of the revolutions, with selfies, memes and self-congratulatory backpatting on how FB and Twitter facilitated it given precedence over analysis and broader perspectives. 

Nice job.

• I'm an EU person!

But I'm clueless when it comes to politics.

It's kinda funny that like the only people who turned out to have an interest in the EU were the skeptics, far-righters, neo-fascists... Heh heh.

Thanks for reminding me this article, I've read it once but forgot the address. (I think I've found it through looking for opinions on that Gone Home game.) Quite a scathing commentary. And explains much about the kind of discussions going on in the Internet.

• It's a bit one-sided, and fucking easy to lump people into the category, but Lord knows I've read too much about these chucklefucks nuking fundraisers and protests with their asinine asshattery.