If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> I'll stop there before it turns into another "overwhelmingly male forum dictates how women should feel about gender issues" discussion

As a male person, I can't dictate how female persons should feel about this ad, but I can firmly say that I don't like it, personally.

• Yeah, neither do I.

In other, related news, I'm impressed something good did come out of TV Tropes. Despite the main pages' neutered "analysis" of Metroid: Other M, here comes a liveblog that cuts the bullshit, comes flat out and completely deconstructs why it fucking sucks. Even one of the writers of Metroid: Other M - The Elephant in the Room was impressed. I've already mentioned that the redeeming factor of the game was that it made a good anti-example for video game writing, but I am pleased to see what TV Tropes could have and should have been. Before "no negativity" and the fan wank takeover. If it bothered to implement meaningful quality control.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

I've been working on a conlang... sort of. I have an alphabet (two, actually-- this and this), I've got phonology and such worked out, but I have yet to create any... y'know, words.

• edited 2014-03-22 08:59:58
    My arms are falling off!

I've had to break friendship with someone due to their hostile beliefs on apologies and poor way of dealing with interpersonal conflict (especially when what they do or say is a bother or offense to the person they are talking to). It's a shame, as this person had some other, good qualities, but sometimes the shit outweighs the awesome, and I'm a believer in the waiter test.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Sorry for that.

Anyways, we have a tumbler tumblr and we should really use it for something!

Like let me post fifty billion pictures of cute animu girls because I'm too self conscious to do it on my own tumblr.

• So, is it just me or do I notice a few people coming back here? I'm so out of the loop here.

• I've noticed it too. On my part, I just needed a good long break from the site to meet people outside this social circle.

• ^^^ ^^ Hopefully more will come.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

^^ Uh... What exactly is the limit to the length of one's user title?

• I'm not sure there is one. I once had the entire text of the Declaration of Independence as my user title before Nova reprimanded me for it! :P

• edited 2014-03-26 21:27:30
    Diet NEET

I don't know, let's find out. 

Edit: Okay, it takes ages to delete that shit, I'm not going to try to break the page unless I can make a rough calculation of how many lines it would take.

The theoretical limit is probably crashing the server, but the practical limit is either your patience to test it or my patience to wait for it to load.

• edited 2014-03-27 01:46:22

Prosthetic legs, girl. 

I'm speculating that some of those moves would be harder with regular legs. In any case, there's my one reason to actually watch this show.

Also, it's annoying that daughter has one more syllable than is convenient for a catchy phrase.

• The theoretical limit is probably crashing the server,

Oh my

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Heheheh. As if as a corollary to the nude advert affair ("if" being there depending on how long it takes between writing and publishing), one newspaper had just run an article about imaginary raping in RPGs and LARPs.

On a different note, a man violently robbed two other men of their My Little Pony figurines.

• Fuck yes, it's about time the fandom upgraded to Pokémon levels of sociopathy. 

• News centred around fans obsessing over figurines reminds me of that Lewis Prothero guy from V for Vendetta. At first, I thought his mental breakdown was totally unrealistic. Then I discovered fandom.

• Boohoo, I broke my Touhou cup. I was making some coffee and then caused a pot chain reaction that shattered the cup.

It was my favourite. I got it as a gift, even. I gotta get another one, it was the only Touhou-related thing I had. I glued it back, but naturally I can't drink from it. And Patchouli is missing an eye.

And that's today's cool story, bros.

I'm always worried about breaking/losing things or things not working anymore so it adds a layer of "not worth it" to themed merchandise...

• edited 2014-03-30 04:26:08

To be fair, mugs are like extra fragile. And they have a way bigger risk of breaking simply because using them involves moving them around a lot.

so it adds a layer of "not worth it" to themed merchandise...

I WILL FIGHT YOU

I HAVE A THEMED DECK OF NANOHA STRIKERS PLAYING CARDS

...which have never seen use and haven't even been shuffled yet

Also, does "kiseki" mean "trails" or "miracles"?  Or both?

Oh, right, I should have though of the different-kanji homonym issue.  Thanks.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Look who's back. Angrier, more pathetic and more drug-addicted than ever before.

How you doin'

If you scratched the drug part that could be a good description of me, but you get the upper hand in drugs, so I have to say I find myself unable to one-up you this time.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Don't worry, you'll have lots of other opportunities. >:D

• Welcome back!

And good luck about the other stuff.

Welcome back!