If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I hate chest infections, sick enough that I can't do anything, but not sick enough to sleep it out. 

• The hours from 12 midnight - 6 AM are for doing the things that you wanted to do in the hours 8 AM to 12 midnight but haven't done yet.

Believe me when I say insomnia goes many levels deeper than that.

I miss feeling motivated before 7am.

• edited 2014-06-20 20:27:47
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's less insomnia and more "I can't let myself sleep despite really really wanting to because I just haven't finished those things I need to do today".

I think an issue is that anytime I really feel like I should go to sleep, that also serves as a motivator/reminder to get stuff done because I know that I need to go to sleep soon and that means I am running out of time.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

The hours from 12 midnight - 6 AM are for doing the things that you wanted to do in the hours 8 AM to 12 midnight but haven't done yet. 

More like, they're for doing things you were supposed to do earlier but loitered, eh guys?

• I know it's TV Tropes, but I can't get over just how sycophantic their page is for The Amazing Atheist.

• edited 2014-07-02 12:07:21

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/dcunited/world-cup-2014-us-soccer-team-falls-to-belgium-despite-best-efforts-of-tim-howard/2014/07/01/df08135e-016f-11e4-8572-4b1b969b6322_story.html

"Tim Howard saves nearly everything except U.S. soccer’s run at 2014 World Cup"

Heck yes.  He really did save damn near everything.  Even stats guy Nate Silver agrees.

• Woo, it took hours and like five attempts while following a tutorial to the letter, but I solved a Rubik's Cube.

• edited 2014-07-08 13:18:58
    Diet NEET

When is BandCamp getting a volume gauge? 

Anyway, LessThanJake spin-off: https://anchorlessrecords.bandcamp.com/

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

10451164_10152199981546657_843421516726602404_n.jpg

• >go to chiptune concert

>some gangly dude walks around with a plushie and an OC pony shirt on the dancefloor

>google the name of his OC later

>"defending friends is my pride", aspiring singer, DA account is wall-to-wall commissions of his character

This is a fucking goldmine. 

• a little muffled

I can't find the relevant thread to necro so I'll just post it here: Google+ finally allows people without WASP names to join.

• And now I can't actually remember how to change the name on my profile :V

• There is love everywhere, I already know

French blogger fined over review's Google search placing

This sure happened.

• The future of romance: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sexc/id895624092?mt=8

Since most folks who will hook up this way will avoid the most common booze-aided acquiantance rape scenario anyway, I doubt anyone but showy hipsters will use it(and the odd narcissistic psycho who will use gaslighting and threats to put the victim under duress to accept the requests). 

Not mentioning something doesn't mean I'm happy about it.

It just means I decided not to talk about it at that time.

• edited 2014-07-28 01:25:29
    There is love everywhere, I already know

see it's funny because this is the cover for ClariS' Naisho no Hanashi! /weeb

Don't worry, you'll always be the @fourteenwings we know and love :)

Also, I totally didn't know about that issue.  Thanks for bringing it up.

• edited 2014-07-28 11:04:14
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Mod note: scrubbed because reasons

My note: sure, no problem 

• edited 2014-07-28 07:03:01
    Diet NEET

Huh, I thought Africa was one country. 

Anyway, pic vaguely related: http://i.imgur.com/hmZc3Ov.png

And protecting yourself is way more important than being honest about **

Huh, I thought Africa was one country. 

(I trust that you're kidding :P)

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I knew the space lizards are real

• If you guys have any questions about this feel free to ask.

Is it something we should keep low-key or can we shout it out to the whole internet?

Anyhows, I lost a bunch of modeling work because this file was too large to work with, but not large enough to spend 2-3 hours on it.

• edited 2014-07-28 01:18:31
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Is it something we should keep low-key or can we shout it out to the whole internet?

I should prooooobably blank the post now since I am scared that somebody I know (not that I... know many people) would instantly recognize me so... it'd be nice if you guys could keep it to yourselves.

• see it's funny because this is the cover for ClariS' Naisho no Hanashi! /weeb

Regardless of what I felt about the original content of that post, I now want to punch you for being such a dork.

• edited 2014-07-28 10:50:47

somewhere in The Internet User's Code:

Thou shalt not report bugs that allow one to see information that one shouldn't see, such as deleted threads.

Anyway, I found a bug in the Steam Community forums.

Edit: never mind, thread wasn't actually deleted, show's over folks, nothing new happened.

Meanwhile in Poland: a man was lynched for driving drunk. Beaten to death.

Pity.

I wish he was hanged from a lamppost.

• Today I went to a trainee management all day interview. All the other applicants were black and at the icebreaker the two ladies (One of which was the most attractive female I have ever seen) were paired up together. For the 'Things you have in common' question, one of them said 'Uhhh we both have black hair and uh, we're both black!' and started laughing raucously and I didn't know if it was okay for me to join in..

#whitepeopleproblems

• edited 2014-07-29 15:11:56
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Let me guess, you gave "we both have... uhh... hair?" as a reply to that question, an awkward silence falling immediately afterwards? (Note: I might be not getting the gist of what was the scene like.)

• It was the guy I was partnered up with's turn next and he said 'Well we're both guys' to even more laughter and 'Actually, to be precise we were both born with penises' is something that only works on the internet.

Saying that, I felt like at least pulling out the gay card to feel satisfied I wasn't the normative minority.