If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I believe they just think it's profound or something. I mean, I might've given you a wrong impression, it's not like I'm surrounded by drunk-driving morons. They just tell me that shit without thinking that, for an example, I've never tried to beat them up either. From one of them, I've finally wrought a confession that she'd not do any such thing if there was a chance she'd end up on a receiving end of some recording device, so I hope at least one person is beginning to see the light.

• I usually get tipsy after drinking a glass of anything, my tolerance to alcohol doesn't exist.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I find alcohol unnecessary, it tastes awful and all I get from alcohol is a lack of balance.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

And now, I just found myself on that weird part of internet, again. I'm gonna rip some vein from all the hysteric laughter. It feels almost hurtful.

• edited 2014-04-23 12:42:33
    Diet NEET

The best litmus test whether you are getting further in dancing is whether you can still mix up and execute a reasonable variety of moves at five AM, and in time with the beat. 

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

What the fuck are you supposed to do when a good friend who literally saved your life, gave you food and shelter when you were out on the street, and generally made a lot of effort to help you when you needed help the most turns out to be, despite a chronically nice exterior, a rapist and serial abuser with some real fucked up personal issues?

• edited 2014-04-24 15:43:54
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You can begin with: be glad it doesn't happen to you often.

In unrelated news:

Newspaper:  

"Man killed after a thirty-meter-long cross fell on him"

Me:

[laughter] 

there's something inherently comical in it, man killed by a cross just after Easter. Placed there to commemorate a visit by John Paul II. Probably shouldn't make me laugh though. What can I say. Never said I'm not a bad man. 

• Ironweaver wrote:

What the fuck are you supposed to do when a good friend who literally saved your life, gave you food and shelter when you were out on the street, and generally made a lot of effort to help you when you needed help the most turns out to be, despite a chronically nice exterior, a rapist and serial abuser with some real fucked up personal issues?

1. Stop beating yourself up if you feel guilty/naïve that you didn't spot it. Rapists are often psychopaths, psychopaths are charismatic.

2. Read up on manipulation tactics abusers often use and match them with your own experiences with the dude. Is he holding the help he gave you over your head? Does he use you as a pawn to gain access to victims, or somesuch? Does he switch between grand overtures of pity, but does not follow up on them?

3. If you do decide to remain friends, make your boundaries clear as day so that he can't abuse you. If you have to justify this to other people, tell them you absolutely detest what he did, but believe he can grow beyond it with the proper therapy, and that you want to keep an eye on him that he doesn't make more victims in the interim(though his actions are his own: do not assume responsibility for his deeds, and stage exit left if the emotional tool gets too high). 

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I'm pretty sure he's not a psychopath - psychopaths tend to be dominant, this dude is submissive and insecure as hell, constantly looking for role models, usually people a couple years older than himself, then imitating them in various aspects, which can often come off as kinda creepy. After the role model fails to fulfill the expectations, his entire world crashes around him and he suffers a breakdown - just like what happened now. The greatest toil is suffered by those he feels are submissive to him and won't bite back - in this case, his family and a girl who's unhealthily obsessed with him. Meanwhile, he tends to lock himself in and avoid contact with anyone else - myself included. But even though he turned out to be a huge creep, I feel indebted to him, and simply feel that it would be wrong to turn my back just like that.

But nope, he doesn't tend to burden people with problems at all, or even ask people for any help, ever. Even when it's obvious he's burdened with something, he remains unnaturally euphoric and happy-go-lucky, with only an occasional bout of temper. But when he finally blows up...

The thing here is, among a lot of other stuff, he carries a whole fucking motherload of sexual frustrations, mostly due to being the most obvious closeted bisexual to ever walk the Earth - apart from having regular one-night stands and sex-only relationships only in order to confirm his straight cred, the way he treats girls in the bedroom is terrifying - he only does anal. If she doesn't want anal, he'll make sure to get anal anyway. Expect lots of physical and verbal violence. This gal I mentioned, they had a short fling about a year ago, and she just wasn't able to let it go, while he doesn't give a shit about her. Every week or so she comes to his flat, gets fucked, beaten up, insulted, then literally thrown outside only for her to come back next week.

A lot before learning all of this, I heard some similar stuff about his most serious past relationship from my then-girlfriend. After we broke up, I brought those rumors up to him in a casual chat, and he really had a great alibi - a ridiculously complex, detailed story about how he was in fact the abused one in that relationship, and how all claims to the contrary are bullshit. Of course I believed him, but I don't any more.

And the most ironic thing about all of that?

He's a radfem.

• People are fucked up.

• >wear beanie with fuzzy tufts as part of outfit for disco

>someone rubs it, turn around and see black gal

>she thought it was my real hair and wanted to touch it

>bust a gut laughing at the reversal of the archetypical 'ugh white people' interaction

>try to explain it to her, she doesn't really get it

I have been lied to, every PoC is supposed to intimately aware of the kyriarchy according to Tumblr. 

Clearly, you should've realized she must've internalized categorism and needs you to bear White Man's Burden an ally to educate her in Marxist dialectic help her notice the oppression she's facing.

You know guys, there was a certain fun thing I've seen in the TV today, that I just have to repost in here.

So, there was some minor mess when a delegation from the Kaliningrad Oblast' showed up to place flowers upon the monument to some NKVD officer. (If you're asking why there's a monument to an NKVD officer that hasn't yet been toppled -- I'm baffled too.) Of course, somebody smeared WWII-era resistance symbol on it the day before, and a group of protesters inevitably showed up when the Russian folks came around.

The thing is, what picked my interest wasn't them. Seems like there was a group of counter-protesters, or something like that, I wasn't paying attention that much but one of them managed to find his way onto my TV screen. The dude was claiming that all Slavic nations are friends, yadda yadda yadda, and it's the machinations of "the Khazars" who are trying to set them apart.

So, it's him that I wanted to tell you about. 

Well, that's uplifting, I'd say - if when doing something as ostensibly a-intellectual as shouting "JEWS DID IT", you still expect your audience to be knowledgeable about the culture and history of Turkic nomadic peoples of the Pontic steppe in the late Early Middle Ages, that looks like we must be pretty well-educated folks after all.

• edited 2015-10-09 08:06:02

[user deleted]

• Dark Enlightenment crypto-pussyfooting is always hilarious. 

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

So yeah, conlangs and stuff.

Looks like you've got some sounds from outside standard English.

• edited 2014-05-06 10:17:32
    "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Not in this case, no; the phonology is basically English with a few additions. The ɑ is the same sound as "box" or "draw", while the ø is a basic 'mid' vowel (ə). There are a few diphthongs that don't have English equivalents, though (eu, ɑi, ɑu, as well as ar). There's also no unrounded [ʌ] (as in "nut"); the rounded [ɔ] is used in its place.

There may be a loanword or two (from a different fictional language I haven't developed) using X ([x], ch as in "loch") and Ȝ ([ɣ], no English equivalent).

• edited 2014-05-07 06:24:10
    There is love everywhere, I already know

Helen Zille don't you dare lose now, I braved a crowd for you.

In actual news the ANC wins another general election* and I go to cry.

*They haven't yet but they totally will.

• So it seems I'm another IJBMer with a psychological condition (depression).

I'm just feelin' a little melancholic, but that's gonna pass, sooner or later. We'll see. Politics? Is it "official" diagnosis?

• Interesting documentary, good illustration of the symptoms of our culture:

Care to throw in some summary?

• edited 2014-05-11 14:47:26
    Diet NEET

Sexism has returned under the banner of irony, but it's really just a way for sexists to get away with misogyny, in part due to the internet and geek culture. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I don't like how the internet has become a place where sarcasm is almost the norm and straight-talk has to be pointed out specifically.

• edited 2014-05-11 15:59:59
    Loser

Glennmagusharvey,

That aspect of the internet bugs me as well. Admittedly, I think sarcasm can be the easier option online sometimes. Being earnest and straightforward means putting your real opinions and beliefs out there for everybody to see and criticize, something I think can be quite scary. Sarcastic humor has its place of course, but I really appreciate genuineness online partly because it does require putting yourself out there.

• Today's my Birthday.

• edited 2015-10-09 08:08:55

[user deleted]