If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2013-03-11 22:17:06
    I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Yeah, here in Germany the first translated edition split every book in two to make even more money. I buy my books in English (the translation is horrible, too). A newer edition avoids that, but the translation is still horrible. For example, instead of translating "the Eyrie", they somehow 'Germanized' it by using the similar sounding "die Ehr" - which, derived from "Ehre" would mean "the Honour", though.

As for people needing dying,

Spoiler:
    primarily Gregor Clegane - oh wait, he already is, there is a reason I had Oberyn Martell as avatar for so long :D And of course Petyr Baelish. Besides that, Jamie to annoy all the fangirls. And obviously, all the Boltons and many Freys. And that new King in Mereen. I say Dany should rule the Slaver's Bay, and Aegon, married to Arianne Martell should get the Iron Throne.

• I feel that it's a mistake to lump all politically active tumblr users together. The vast majority of people involved in social justice blogging find transethnicity as a concept laughable at best, offensive at worst. Likewise the various otherkin groups.

In fact one of the most devoted accounts that did support such things turned out to be a troll.

They might a minority, but they're very amusing vocal about it.

/notserious

• ^^ You might want to spoiler that first sentence in the second paragraph.

Actually you might want to spoiler that entire second paragraph.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Good point.

• You can change. You can.

ahahaha i clicked on it forgetting GoT was a thing i was intending to watch

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

As for people needing dying,

Just list the people in this story who don't need to die. Be shorter.

• Has friends besides tanks now
    Got a 96 on what was pretty much my first draft of a paper, after skipping the class where we were supposed to look over first drafts because I didn't have anything yet. I'm okay with this.
  • I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

^^^Well, the series does change some (or, over time, many) things from the books canon...

^^Spoilered because it's ASOIAF and hence even mentioning people can be a spoiler, indicating they have survived so far :p

Spoiler:
    The Starks, the Manderlys, most Riverlords (especially the Blackfish and Edmure Tully... Edmure is awesome) pretty much of all of Dorne, Jon Snow, Daenarys, Selmy Barristan, Brienne, Davos Seaworth, Tyrion, Myrcella and Tommen, Thoros of Myr, Anguy the Archer, Jeyne Westerling...

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

That's too many people. :|

• You can change. You can.

^^^Well, the series does change some (or, over time, many) things from the books canon...

Enough to save characters' lives like in the Walking Dead or

• edited 2013-03-12 13:42:28
    No rainbow star
    Since the IJBM Pokemon game project is basically at a stand still, I decided to work on my own for fun

Dear god drawing two player characters, 17 gym leaders, a minimum of two grunts (one male one female), several admins, a team leader, the E4, the champion...

Plus needing to make my own tile sets, finding somebody to do music (because me doing music is laughable), figuring out gym leader teams (all semi competitive eg Rock will likely use a team based on entry hazards and pseudo phazing, Water would probably use a draining and tanking strategy (eg Politoed with Drizzle, Ludicolo with Leftovers, Raindish, Leech Seed, Ingrain, Mega or Giga Drain, and Surf)...) Guh. No wonder people doing these things solo is rare
  • edited 2013-03-12 16:56:05
    Diet NEET

Got called away halfway through a seminar for my potential next study because I needed to help euthanize a brodette's guinea pig and buried it in fucking frozen ground, now gonna eat Epic Meal Time-style(think bacon sundaes, baconaise, bacon everything) because I'm done with being humane to animals. Also, a poetry slam where there was a dude who made a poem crossing Moore's and Shelley's Ozymandias, which was nerdgasmic.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

You know what's the most fucked up thing about maintaining a beard? Trying to keep it symmetrical.

Eh. What sorta complicated beard are you wearing where that would really show? ;)

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

The neckline is the problem. Sure, it's not immediately obvious, but a lopsided beard sure as hell looks stupid once you get to see it, and I'm relatively tall.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Things I saw on the way home from work:

• A bumper sticker that said "if you can't fuck and drive, you can't fuckin' drive."

• A man who looked exactly like a one-legged Clint Eastwood, rolling down the highway in a wheelchair.

• edited 2013-03-12 18:27:13

Enough to save characters' lives like in the Walking Dead or

Actually, the changes to A Clash of Kings have killed several characters that, in the books, are still alive as of A Dance With Dragons (although one of them just has a different manner of death).

I'd list which ones they are, but I'm too silly to figure out how you spoilertag on this forum.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, these are:

Spoiler:
    Rahkaro, Jhiqui, and Irri (and it stands mentioning that Dany's part in ACoK is quite heavily changed). Doreah dies in both, but in the book she dies in the Red Waste, whereas in the series (if I'm not mistaken) Dany locks her into Xaro Xhoan Daxos' vault (which doesn't happen in the novel, and Daxos survives is still alive as of ADWD).

VV Thank you Clockwork.

• edited 2013-03-12 18:14:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

[spoiler]stuff[/spoiler]

• Legionnaire confirmed for giant moron.

Nah, it's surprisingly obscure for something fairly basic. A lot of people are still doing that black-background thing you can't read on a phone.

• Wait, you're not saladofstones.

Mom bought a case of Mexican Coke :D

• Spoiler:
    Hey, these things work here too.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Isn't "Mexican" Coke just Coke that uses sugar?

• edited 2013-03-12 20:48:22
    a little muffled
    Yes. Mexico is just the place geographically closest to the US where it is widely available.
  • edited 2013-03-12 22:57:28
    Has friends besides tanks now

. . . I miss my blowdryer. Frizz or no frizz, it did just what I wanted it to. ;~;

I miss hair straighteners that didn't take half an hour to straighten my hair with :(

Well, I don't "miss" them. That would imply they ever existed.

• edited 2013-03-12 23:09:04
    Has friends besides tanks now

Actually, assuming my hair doesn't take too much longer to get where I want it, it might not be a huge deal, and by that point I wouldn't probably be blowdrying.

Ah, but hair straighteners. Good times I had with those. (And in those times after my dreadful sophomore phase, where I was ruining my hair every day between heat damage and chlorine, where I returned to it, I could usually get something cool-looking in about ten minutes, grabbing and straightening locks of hair at random)

. . . Actually, shit. Looking at old pictures again, my hair still isn't nearly this long. FUCK THIS! >:[[[[[

• @Nova: Amen. I haven't straightened my hair in forever because I can't be bothered, but it looks so much better that way...

• Firefox fucked up and forgot all my tabs, yet despite this is now slower all around. What the fuck.