If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Jim Butcher.

• edited 2013-03-11 03:39:14
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

oh the guy who wrote Dresden Files.

and I'm not sure if you aren't drawing from your sick sex fantasies Butcher

curious as to what sex fantasies could possibly be so heinous that they're "sick". Dresden Files is pretty popular so I'm assuming we're not talking like pedo rape here or anything.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

And Harry Dresden is a misogynist

Yeah, but the way it's handled, to me, would indicate that Jim Butcher probably isn't. After all, it bites him in the ass a lot, and whenever he makes some decision based on it, Harry notes how completely stupid he is.

• Definitely not gay.

That's what I meant.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh.

I really need to stop posting when I'm up too late. Never ends well.

• Definitely not gay.

Heh, you and me both.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

I got a tough-guy person on youtube who keeps stalking my posts and ranting about how I'm a homo. Is there anyway to report him or block him? Since he was getting pretty creepy with his threats.

• Definitely not gay.

Eugh, immature pricks on Youtube. Ignore him, he's just making himself look like an idiot.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

If you wish to do something, you can report videos on youtube. The button to do so looks like a flag.

• Definitely not gay.

im reading about transethnicity on tumblr

help me

• Definitely not gay.

i love how these people think that like

What allows a transwoman to wear a dress, while a white (“transethnic”) person cannot wear “traditional” Japanese clothing?

uh wow i didn't know only japanese people could wear japanese clothes 

im sorry my hed realy hurst now i only got 3 hours of sleep last night

what even counts as "japanese clothing"

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

Its not a video thats the problem, its a user. There was something on reporting harrasement but I need something like 20 posts to use that.

Give your report reason as harassment of a person.

• EDIT: Neither of them were ninja.

But they both used swords, and had a major association with music. Actually, blue + swords and/or music might become a typecast for Eri Kitamura, if Prism Nana ever takes off.

Say, I've never noticed glenn ever using a Rei Ayanami clone as an avatar...

• im reading about transethnicity on tumblr

why

• Actually, blue + swords and/or music might become a typecast for Eri Kitamura, if Prism Nana ever takes off.

Blue magical girls is a thing for her.  Other than Sayaka Miki and that one Prism Nana girl, she's Cure Berry and is going to be the blue girl in Genei Taiyo.

• edited 2013-03-11 07:38:16
    Diet NEET

"Rich people appropriating working class culture is why the prices at my local thrift stores have gone up."

Moar tumblery off-the-wall goodness: https://twitter.com/TumblrTXT

Also a reminder that protags do not present the author's viewpoints: the misguidedly-chivalrous protag has been a staple of noir for ages, and while lampshading it isn't "emancipatory subversion of the year", it's hardly the most problematic example out there. Listening to quotemining rageaholics who break out the "x is an y-ist" instead of "this element is problematic and here's why" is a tad silly, especially when mocking SJW sentiments in the very same posts.

• ^^ Cure Berry had a sword too, right? What about the Genei Taiyo one?

• edited 2013-03-11 12:32:39
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

But they both used swords, and had a major association with music.

But Asami Imai played Chihaya Kisaragi, and Chihaya doesn't use swords.

Say, I've never noticed glenn ever using a Rei Ayanami clone as an avatar...

This is the one exception to the blue-haired girls thing I guess.  I've never been a Rei fan.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Oh, for fuck's sake. Snow yet again? When does spring finally start? :(

• Speaking of snow, I finished A Dance With Dragons last night. I thought it was great, but whoever commented on there not being enough Stannis was right on the money.

• Has you all knowing of a site on the nature of nuclear weopons know as NUKEMAP? Learned it viva a seminar on nuclear weopons.

• im reading about transethnicity on tumblr

help me

I no rite? I had a similar curiosity about the Tumblr version of cultural appropriation so I actually know the answer to the clothes thing.

On an unrelated note, I injured my foot two weeks ago. It's not supposed to be a big deal, but it hurts for a while after standing for a long time.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

casually does kung-fu poses while posting

I feel that it's a mistake to lump all politically active tumblr users together. The vast majority of people involved in social justice blogging find transethnicity as a concept laughable at best, offensive at worst. Likewise the various otherkin groups.

In fact one of the most devoted accounts that did support such things turned out to be a troll.

And while politically-charged language like "cultural appropriation" is not always the best way to put it, there is certainly something to be said for the concept as it's sometimes discussed. It depends on individual circumstance, as usual.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

Speaking of snow, I finished A Dance With Dragons last night. I thought it was great, but whoever commented on there not being enough Stannis was right on the money.

That's because of the weird regional seperation between AFFC and ADWD, of course. Stannis had his time in AFFC... but on the opposing force, I really liked Manderly. "But in a way, it's a mercy, he would have grown up to become a Frey, after all". Hahaha.

• edited 2013-03-11 21:09:46

Unless I'm even more inattentive than I thought, Stannis wasn't in A Feast For Crows; he was only referenced, and most of his actions were never detailed (and were saved for A Dance With Dragons).

Manderly was great. He basically spent all of his appearances trolling the Freys, subtly or blatantly.

Oh, right, true, Stannis ended up on the ADWD side of the divide, didn't he? Man, my memory is a mess, I had assigned those chapters to AFFC, somehow. And wait, yet you say there wasn't enough of him? Tsk, fanboy :p

Eh. For some reason ADWD was the most depressing of the books so far, I think.

Spoiler:
    Okay, Cersei's downfall was great, and Jon Connington's invasion is nice, too. But there isn't much focus on that, and apart from that we have Jon alienating himself from everybody on the Wall and eventually being murder-stabbed (at the end of the book, so my guess is we learn in the next book he somehow survives... but still...), Stannis' army goes down in snow (I think there'll be some sort of surprise revelation about that in the next book, too), as usual Tyrion staggers from one disaster and misfortune into the next, Daenarys is losing her grip on power and is eventually abducted by her own dragons... man. I mean, A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords had all those very depressing Riverlands scenes, but at least ACOK also had Tyrion running King's Landing and ASOS had Dany's liberation of the slaver cities, that was some compensation at least. And AFFC mostly featured the regions not affected by the war anyway, like Dorne, the Iron Islands and Braavos. No such compensation in ADWD, though, really.

• ADWD has taught me that if a book is released in two parts (I know that you can get it in a single volume, but mine came in two books), prepare for tears.

And Stannis only appeared in...I think about five or six chapters. A few Jon chapters, and some Greyjoy chapters. GRRM basically just swapped him out for Queen Selyse towards the end.

Who I hope dies a painful, horrible death.