If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2013-03-08 22:05:02

>calling carets carats

>calling brackets carets

>calling meme arrows brackets

>greentexting without green

> > > > > > > >

• Wandering outside of my watchlist on TV Tropes for a little bit, it seems to me that IJBM has a lot more discussion and a lot fewer "post your whatever" threads. By that latter category I mean threads like "what's your favorite videogame?" wherein everyone posts their favorite videogame, and then most people don't look back because there's not much to discuss.

I personally think that this is a good thing. What do you think?

Continuing with this line of thought, I noticed something interesting a while back. A forum I frequent has two ongoing threads: one for photos of what forumgoers consider "the best of road signs" and one for what we consider "the worst of road signs".

With the "best" thread, somebody posts a picture of a pretty sign, we all go "ooh, pretty" and then the thread dies until someone else has a photo to post. Because, really, what else is there to discuss?

With the "worst" thread, though, someone will post a photo, then we'll spend a page or two talking about what's wrong with the sign, whether or not it complies with the relevant standards, how we would have preferred the sign to look, etc. The "worst" thread has almost twice as many posts as the "best" thread now.

It's just kinda interesting how two seemingly similar topics can result in two threads very different in nature.

• Maybe people are just horrible, they don't want to take the risk of trying to legitimately critique things that are good(As in, go over what works, what doesn't, etc) and all we can do is point the fault in things because it's so much easier and less risk to point at things that make us feel more normal.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

On BTL, the "Bad Shit on other Websites" thread has several times the posts of the "Good Shit on other Websites" thread. On another forum I visit, the "Bitch Thread" has several times more posts than the "Good News" thread. It's a general phenomena. Sure, you could also critique good things, but in informal settings, most of the time, what's the point? Badness creates controversy, and that creates talk and posts...

• Bitching is fun.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

People like talking shit about people, especially if that person isn't there to here it. If I were to put my freudian glasses on, I'd say its because of group ethics.

Also the number of beast was possibly 656, I learned that from the history channel. Aliens

• I don't know, you just find more topics/debate(whether it's good or bad) when it comes to material in a negative manner.

Sure, you could also critique good things, but in informal settings, most of the time, what's the point?

Analyzing good things to try and find what makes them good.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I don't find bitching fun unless I'm already in a bad mood.

but I dunno, I'm not other people.

• Quick query: on average, how often do you go out per week, and if so, how much do you drink?

On average, probably once every two or three weeks. As for booze, too inconsistent to make an average meaningful, ranges from nothing to almost a full bottle of rum, usually nothing.

• Adopt a Cardinal. Have a cardinal assigned to you and support him through prayer. Vatican-approved. Seriously.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

To use TVT parlance: It Makes Sense In Context.

• Definitely not gay.

So my friends and I were running this Generic Fantasy RP. It was my job to come up with where they started. 

I suggested the Unicorn, the "finest and classiest gay bar in the land!". The players promptly complained and called me a "fucking faggot", amongst other things. 

I then promptly suggested the underground lesbian sex show being run by the Thieves Guild. My friends jumped and said "That's more like it!". 

Cue head to wall.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

league of legends

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Start them with that, then punish them for it.

• edited 2013-03-10 03:18:50
    I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

^^^Ah yes, that kind of people. I always like to say such people have absolutely no grasp at all on mathematics and economics ;)

• My assistant manager is one of the nicest people ever, and an hour before my shift is up while he gets his broken laptop so one of my friends can fix it he finds out someone has broken his car's side mirrors, keyed the doors and slashed the tires for shits and giggles.

If anyone tells you Canadians are nice in general, remember assholes exist everywhere. Especially Alberta.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Isn't Edmonton, like, the murder capital of the country?

• edited 2013-03-10 04:23:51

Maybe Calgary just as a higher number of assholes per capita, because I swear the worst people move here for job opportunities. Also, as a general rule the more numerous the populace is, the higher the crime rate is. The disturbing thing is the perpetrator had no intention of stealing, he did it for the lulz. That is the sickening part.

Why isn't the Dining Office at my school called the Food Office?

• edited 2013-03-10 08:41:48
    Definitely not gay.

no there is so much wrong with this

Now, now this is special. It combines the martyred nerd’s frantic desperation to be noticed by the gorgeous “popular girl,” but since she’ll never so much as glance at him he transforms her–in his head–into a raging bitchslutwhore.

Closet Harry/Arianna shipper?

As you know, Harry, beautiful women who aren’t sexually interested in you are bitches.

no no no

Arianna isn't a bitch because she isn't sexually attracted to Harry. Arianna is literally trying to kill Harry's daughter for a mass murder ritual! Urgh

Women who call women Harry hates a bitch–the best of all women.

Again, Arianna is going to kill a child for a mass murder ritual. I think "bitch" is accurate. 

Dreck like this is why I rarely read books by white dudes anymore, by the way.

For someone who is campaigning against racism, you're coming off as pretty racist yourself.

You know what

it isn't worth it, gah.

(Jim Butcher's prose is kind of shit, though, I'll concede that)
  • edited 2013-03-10 08:48:05
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Eelektross and Octo are onto something. I have always been baffled as to why a man is likely to prefer lesbians to gays. It's, like, a rape on logic, every gay means one competitor less, every lesbian is another girl off limits. Heh heh heh heh *snort*.

(edit: that previous post, not this one.)

• Definitely not gay.

I have always been baffled as to why a man is likely to prefer lesbians to gays.

If you have the time, I have a story to tell.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Go ahead, I'm at risk of doing something productive.

• Definitely not gay.

All right.

Now, see, I brought up the very same subject to my friends. My friends said 

You know, a lot of men like lesbians. We think they're hot and we want to have a three-way with them.

And I was like

What? ...They like other women! They will not have a three-way with you!

And then one of my friends said the most retarded thing ever:

If lesbos have sex, then they most likely use a dildo, right?

And some lesbos might want a REAL dick

so...

Then my brain broke because I couldn't handle the stupid. I tried insisting that they (lesbians) were not interested, period, but I have been unable to convince them otherwise to this day.

• league of legends

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

And some lesbos might want a REAL dick

I am not sure how to read that in a way that makes sense.

• Definitely not gay.

Count yourself lucky you aren't me. I had to listen to his lesbian three-way fantasies at one point.

That's saying that items in category A, which are defined as "not in category B", are actually in category B.

It's like saying that well, some odd numbers might actually be even.

• edited 2013-03-10 09:07:31
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Somehow, this reminds me of that one comedian who said "lesbians shouldn't be allowed to use dildos, they made their choice".

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Count yourself lucky you aren't me. I had to listen to his lesbian three-way fantasies at one point.

I, uh, think I'd just punch him in the face, sorry.