If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• You can change. You can.

I actually was thinking of buying a generic small pizza and some sushi for takeout and use that for a topping. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Also, Merry Christmas you guys. Currently the wee hours of Christmas morning here and, by some miracle of circumstance, it's actually somewhat chilly right now. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Same here, Nova. I just don't want to prefer it to the alternative.

I'd prefer it if I didn't, but that would require a family that doesn't suck.

The world sucks. I am not saying this as an anachronist or an idealist, but one of the reasons for this condition is the expectation of family as a thing of permanence is dying. Which is actually what makes the Fantastic Four so interesting, they exist in opposition of that — they are a perfect family in an imperfect world…and they repesent the hope of what could be. The franchise became relevant again because we tapped into this in a way that resonated and, even more importantly, the driving force bhind it was something we could all understand. Wasn’t it?

After all, what was it that made Reed choose his family when he should have chosen utopia? What made Johnny sacrifice himself and what brought him back? What broke an unbreakeable Ben Grimm and then found a way to make him whole again? What made Susan strong enough to stand when the others fell? What made Nathaniel always come home and what was it that made Val and Frankling sacrifice everything to save their father?

It was Love. Boundless, unconditional, to the end of time and back, lift you up from death itself, LOVE.

And what’s not fantastic about that?

I am starting to think that Jonathan Hickman is basically "What if Dumbledore and Warren Ellis had a kid?"

• Finally he's gone English, so I can share the pain of disgusting pleb Christmas pop with y'all:

Also, frat's Christmas dinner was sweet, though I now have to roll around in order to get anywhere.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

You guys need to make some sort of IJBM Australian Christmas Eve Supper next year. You know, all IJBMers are one big happy family and all that.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So evidently we're opening presents at midnight.

So seven-and-a-half hours for me, I guess.

I think after I finish Alice's route in Virtue's Last Reward, I'll start work on a worst movies of 2012 video, then tomorrow do a best one.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I am fairly sure Alex and Legionnaire would prefer to spend Christmas Eve with their families :V

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

:V :\/

I am fairly sure both of 'em would eagerly adopt you

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

There are a number of people here on this site I'd rather spend Christmas with than my family.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Christmas Eve for me means crashing at my neighbor's party. For me and my mother haven't had a christmas party in decades.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

There are a number of people here on this site I'd rather spend Christmas with than my family.

I'm by no means on bad terms with my family, but I can see the appeal in this. Just spending Christmas somewhere else with other decent folk and none of the pressure.

well i ain't paying train fares so nyeh :|

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Merry Christmas to all you guys and gals.

• Happy non-denominational festivities, you insensitive oppressors.

• Gonna move again because where we live is too far from my family's workplace.

Shame, I kind of liked this neighborhood too.

• Merry Christmas, you bastards.

• So I saw the Hobbit with my family today. Two things I was absolutely not prepared for: the Pacific Rim trailer, and Radagast. Just, Radagast.

(Also, the whole movie was beautiful.)

• Merry Christmas, everyone!

• Merry Christmas, guys.

There are a number of people here on this site I'd rather spend Christmas with than my landlady's family. Or the actual one actually

• Kichigai birthday!!

MERRY♂CHRISTMAS (NSFW)

• Merry Christmas to you all.
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Christmas Eve is not the time to be laying in bed with a cold. Ugh.

• a little muffled

It's also not the time for a gigantic family argument culminating in my brother storming out of the house...

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Well, damn.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I know that feel.

I got home from the busiest day of work I've had yet to my mom being about as furious as she's ever been with me, saying that I'd ruined Christmas and she's too sick to eat. Why? Well, I left my room a bit messy when I went off to work.

• edited 2012-12-24 21:41:47
    Has friends besides tanks now

I don't mind spending time with the family, but I really wish I could divorce myself from my stepfamily's secret santa tradition. It's enough to open gifts at both my (mom's) house and dad's, but to go in between by driving an hour out and giving and receiving gifts from people I'm not even that close with is kind of a buzzkill.

^^^ That sucks much more, though. Hope that turns out well.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Mom is fucking pissed.

Dad and I have no idea what the deal is. I seriously doubt she would be this mad if I ritually slaughtered a puppy on our front porch.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

She wouldn't be due to acclimatization.

[/cmtp]