If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

For me it means Dry season, so summer like levels of sun.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Funny the topic of sickness should come up, because I just caught the worst fever I've had in recent memory. Headaches, nausea, physical weakness, dryness... pretty much everything that isn't part of the common cold. 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

You're not in the northern hemisphere.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Oh, man. Found my old Yu-Gi-Oh! deck, and apparently there are some cards in here that go for up to $10-ish. (Dunno how much they'd go for in the various conditions I have them in, but maybe I'll get enough for certain Magic cards I want . . .)

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

list?

• edited 2012-12-26 14:19:09
    Has friends besides tanks now

Among my cards are: Torrential Tribute, Mirror Force, Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End, Bazoo the Soul-Eater, Graceful Charity, Pot of Avarice, Jinzo, Blowback Dragon, Breaker the Magical Warrior, and Negate Attack. It's been somewhere between 5-7 years since I've played, but it's my understanding that some of these cards were quite the haymakers back in the day.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Wait, maybe I should try selling some Yugioh cards....

Can you even do this?

• edited 2012-12-26 14:18:09

If I can't find an LGS that would take them, I'll ask mom how/to sell them online.

I'm already looking up guides.

eBay and YugiCo seem to have some tips and listings.

Apparently I have some pretty rare cards. I'm excited. Might be able to fetch a pretty penny.

• Happy Boxing Day, everyone!

YuGiCo is what I used, and it linked me to eBay offsite when I was looking at whatever this Shooting Quasar Dragon is that goes for nearly $30.

Unfortunately, the sets that the cards were released in matter, otherwise I might have been able to make a little more.

You need the whole set to make any money?

Breaker is pretty cool and I think he's not banned. The rest of the other good ones I see are banned in most tournaments. Chaos Emperor Dragon used to fetch a pretty hefty sum cuz it was used in a couple ridiculous combo decks.

• edited 2012-12-26 14:34:51

^^ No, I meant that the set that a particular copy of a card comes from determines its value. For example, a Magic Cylinder out of a starter deck (like I have) would go for less than a copy from a set wherein it was actually rare and holographic (which I don't have). According to YuGiCo, which I'm not familiar with, granted, but this secondary market could be different from that of Magic in that the actual version of the card matters a fair bit more.

^ Guess that's not surprising. With that said, it still looks like the game is pretty ridiculous.

The game has gotten more balanced but no more absurd.

There are still cards that seem to exist for no purpose other than to initially look useless and then end up in some ridiculous combo (eg. Roaring Express Train Rocket-Arrow)

• edited 2012-12-26 14:40:18

Hmm. I was mostly going off of Quasar Dragon and all the stuff that it can do, not to mention that with Synchro Summoning and XYZ stuff, it seems like half of the cards worth playing can't be Summoned "normally" anymore.

I also just realized I have a lot of novels and textbooks to sell.

I might be able to get a Vita afterall.

Speaking of gambling, is it bad that I enjoy completely scratching down lottery tickets more than I enjoy the prospect of getting more money?

I wouldn't call it bad. I know the feeling, especially since I just turned 18 this year.

Wow, why haven't I thought to sell my textbooks back to Amazon before?

When I was a kid, scratch-to-reveal lottery tickets were the most fun part of lottery tickets.  The ones where you just buy some numbers were, in comparison, very boring.

Okay I've got this Black Luster Soldier - Envoy Of the Beginning.

It's listed as Ultra Rare and goes for up to 50 bucks.

Isn't that the card that Yugi's grandpa has a fetish for?

He has a lust for the regular one.

This is ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING.

• Also known as "The one that's actually good. Broken, even."

Not fair. My ENVOY OF THE END goes for $9. :V

So, I'm debating how I should do this. Try to sell cards individually, or all my 450 or so in one case.

Depends on the trouble you want to go to; you'll almost certainly get a lot more for individuals than selling a collection in bulk, but that could be a hassle, for all I know.

Actually, different sources seem to be saying it is better to make the rare cards the draw of the collection.

YugiCo seems to be able to value my entire collection, so I'll get started entering cards into that.

Hmm. If you can value your entire collection easily, then that's probably the best way to do it.

if anyone'd be so kind as to post their full card list? I might be willing to buy a few off of you if you're not asking too much and they can supplement my Gem Knight deck.