If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

YugiCo has a feature that allows you to log your entire collection, and then it will value it for you.

Once I finish putting in all my 400+ cards, I'll post it.

• edited 2012-12-26 16:59:06
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Most of mine are probably either outdated or banned (and silly 12-year-old me only ran one copy of every card, so it probably sucks as a deck by previous standards), but:

Torrential Tribute, Mirror Force, Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End, Bazoo the Soul-Eater, Graceful Charity, Pot of Avarice, Jinzo, Blowback Dragon, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Negate Attack*, The Wicked Eraser, The Wicked Dreadroot, The Wicked Avatar, Luster Dragon, Silent Swordsman Lv5, Silent Swordsman Lv7, Trojan Blast, Divine Wrath, Nobleman of Crossout, Penguin Soldier, Spear Dragon, Summoned Skull, Draining Shield*, Needle Worm, Card Destruction, Monster Reborn, Mechanicalchaser, Magic Cylinder, Bottomless Trap Hole, Raigeki Break, Harpie's Feather Duster*, Slate Warrior, Spell Absorption, Drillroid, Tribute to the Doomed, Old Vindictive Magician, Wave-Motion Cannon, Dark Core, Change of Heart, Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer, Judgment of Anubis, Pot of Greed, Man-Eater Bug, Fiber Jar, Swords of Revealing Light*, Yata-Garasu, Cost Down, Shadow Spell, Lightning Vortex, Tribe-Infecting Virus, Mad Dog of Darkness,  Mystical Space Typhoon*, The Creator, Gemini Elf.

* Some combo of bent, torn corners, etc. that might be negated with card sleeves, but would otherwise be in unacceptable condition. Monster Reborn, while probably banned anyway, is apparently bent right in half, so it wouldn't fly.

^ More effort than I want to put in, knowing that some of my cards only go for maybe a dollar anyway. I suppose I might do it anyway, though.

Right see, but 100 cards going for 1 dollar is still 100 bucks. :3

• Has friends besides tanks now

True, which is why I'm considering. It's like, if I could actually expect to get a dollar or more off of each card (with apparently 55 cards, even though it should be like 60, right?), now we're talking. I might see about drafting M:tG at a store I know and then trading these in if I could expect to get $30 off of them. I'll have to see.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

So, we're all aware of the Golden Dawn shenanigans in Greece, yes?

If their current actions weren't connected to neo-Nazi philosophies enough, it turns out that they share a name with a 19th century branch of occultism. One has to wonder if they chose the name intentionally based on that connection, perhaps as part of a revival effort. 

^^ I'm not sure how I'll go about it, but so far I've already valued my cards at $120, and that's not even 25 cards.

I'm not sure how much I'll lower the Buy Now price...I always have trouble with that.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

^^ Okay, now it's official they're video game villains.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Let's hope some superhero shows up then.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Nothing I see that I'd immediately want, however both Swords of Revealing Light and Monster Reborn are limited. However their condition will probably lower their value.

I might have something you would be interested in Lazuli.

Just give me another hour or two.

If it's going to take that long then don't trouble yourself.

I very, very rarely buy cards online, simply because I only play competitively on exceedingly rare occasions. I was just looking for a couple specific cards, and, come to think of it, because of the age of your decks, it's pretty likely you don't have them.

sorry >_<

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

So, we're all aware of the Golden Dawn shenanigans in Greece, yes?

If their current actions weren't connected to neo-Nazi philosophies enough, it turns out that they share a name with a 19th century branch of occultism. One has to wonder if they chose the name intentionally based on that connection, perhaps as part of a revival effort.

Speaking of political parties with odd, exotic names, Serbia has the far-right "Dveri" movement (can be translated as "The Gates" or "Portal"), which apparently has ties to Zealots, a fundamentalist, occult form of Serbian and Greek Orthodoxy, decried by the official churches as a heretical cult. The Serbian Zealots are led by the monk Acacius, a former skinhead, see the Serbian Orthodox Church as a false church that has "given in to ecumenism", live in small, remote, almost hidden monasteries in deep forests and high mountains (although they have many sympathizers within the general population and the Serbian Orthodox Church itself), and have even been blamed for various criminal actions, such as the 2004 burning of the medieval Chilandar monastery.

It all seems very anachronistic, but occultism and strange cults still have considerable power.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Once more, I feel inadequate. I've been relatively fond of living in here, as in a place that's got almost-Western level of comfort, but retains enough Eastern insanity to avoid boredom, but these sorts of things make me feel like I've got nothing to impress folks with. The craziest I can get is the serial suicider.

Nothing I see that I'd immediately want, however both Swords of Revealing Light and Monster Reborn are limited.

After that talk of Golden Dawn, at first glance I thought you too are speaking of political factions. Swords of Revealing Light totally sounds like a party Alex could set up, though.

So, I'm up $53 on my stocking lottery tickets. :V
  • edited 2012-12-26 18:15:25
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Ah, and by the way of this talk of Golden Dawn, I am reminded of what I mentioned recently. Runa Mondschein. "Rune Moon-Light". Sounds like the name of a mysterious waif with magical powers or shit who joins your party because of some prophecy or ancient legacy of hers, righto? Preferably her power coming from runes tattooed onto her skin, or some mystical link with the Moon. But nah. That was some insignificant townswoman from early XXth Century. But if I were to judge by the name, I'd totally expect her to be that superhero of vandro, as much as I don't like the idea of superhero, there're better pieces of fiction than guys in yellow spandex. You know, some mysterious avenger sworn to bring the demise of Golden Dawn after they killed her parents, forcing her to grow up preparing for her mission in a mountaintop monastery. I mean, I know there've been comics with that premise, but whatever. Or - to get back to the topic - some shit like that, you know what I'm talking about. And the Swords of Revealing Light would fit better than anything here.

• Welp, it seems I did fracture my hand, so I'll be spending some more time with this splint. At least it's a good excuse not to go to that office I've been complaining about.

Final winnings off of lottery tickets: $25 (spent $28 on more tickets, they ran out of the $3 one that I liked, so I got a stupid different one for five tickets, and I didn't win anything). Ah, well. That's almost 3/4 a tank in my car, so my stocking paid for my gas money, as well as giving me candy. I'm happy with that.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

I don't have enough content to make this a full post, but you know what just bugs me?

people complaining about the existence of Kwanzaa.

• No rainbow star
    Bleh. Feeling nauseous and am a bit ill. My sister also was earlier. Either stomach flu or mild food poisoning >.<

people complaining about the existence of Kwanzaa.

people do this?

I've seen people confused by it, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone go "man, I hate Kwanzaa".

• Going solo modo to events works wonders if you just go to dance and dress up in theme: even if I suck at approaching peeps, I'm fine once the ice is broken, and this way, they do the first step. It never pans out after past the evening itself, but meh, as long as I've had my fun, I don't really care.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I've seen people confused by it, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone go "man, I hate Kwanzaa".

It's probably racists people going "it was made up in the 60s! It's not a REAL holiday!".

You don't have to be a racist to dislike a totally-made-up holiday, though I'd personally say the appropriate reaction would be more along the lines of "meh".

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^It was made during the American Civil Rights movement as an expression of African heritage. You honestly don't see what's wrong with calling it "not a real holiday" in spite of that?

Well, for one, let's just say that this part of American history is, like, totally alien to me. Okay, so now as I remain aware of my attitude, after taking some time to analyse my stance, as impartially as I can... nope.

You know what, I feel like it kind of ties into that discussion from a couple of days ago. You know, how whether a totally unrelated onlooker is a valuable asset (because of utter lack of bias in any direction), or should rather keep out of the discussion (because of lack of first-hand knowledge of the topic).

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    IJBM: waiting to clock in at work with nothing to do.
  • edited 2012-12-27 17:14:51
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

So there's a twitter account for Chihaya Kisaragi (the blue-haired super-awesome singer girl from Idolmaster), apparently run by an English speaker.

She once commented on a tweet from a Kousaka Kirino who showed off a picture of "her" iPhone background which newly featured a fanart piece of Chihaya.  Kirino is also a fictional character; she's one of the main characters in My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute! (the other being her older brother), and claims to be a 765 Pro staffer (765 Pro being the fictional talent agency that Chihaya works at).

slightlyamusedandintriguedbythis.jpg

This Yugioh cards are taking a log time to log.

I'm at 285 cards, and they are worth...

Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards: SaturnSho collection price Yugico.com

• Have you felt there are things you like doing but don't want to start to do? Like a video game that you would spend hours at a time playing, but can't get yourself to turn the console on? Essentially procrastinating something you like.

I hate that. IJBM, what do?