If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Avengers Assemble!

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Yup. they were reduced to cannon fodder. Blame the lack of FF rights.

• Definitely not gay.

I mean, there was some real potential for shapeshifting shenanigans.

• edited 2012-05-05 23:23:45
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^That's what people said about Thor and Iron Man. They're still going ahead with it.

Besides, what better way to make a character popular than a movie?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Don't think Nova is popular enough for his own film.

this will get confusing

• edited 2012-05-05 23:20:14
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

I think you mean to point to Eelektross there, Not-Brother.

• Definitely not gay.

And I'm not sure if we should be talking about sequels juuuuust yet.

• You can change. You can.

Oh come on, Jackson signed for nine films. Iron Man is slated to be a trilogy. An Avengers sequel after this is not just pretty feasible, but one of those things were any executive would go "Is there a reason not to do this?"

• edited 2012-05-05 23:36:55
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I think they've said that they're going to do a bunch more individual movies that will culminate in Avengers 2. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're already setting up that movie with the Thanos thing.
  • Definitely not gay.

I mean this film is great and all, but what if it turns out to be another John Carter

As of May 4, 2012, The Avengers has earned $334.3 million from countries outside North America.[3] The film opened on Wednesday, April 25, 2012, in 10 countries, earning $17.1 million.[150] It opened in 29 more countries on Thursday and Friday, earning $73.1 million in 3 days.[151] Through Sunday, it earned an opening-weekend total of $185.1 million from 39 countries.[152] The Avengersset opening-day records in New Zealand, Malaysia and Iceland, a single-day record in the Philippines, as well as both single- and opening-day records in Singapore and in Thailand. It also earned the second highest-grossing opening day in Australia ($6.2 million), behind Deathly Hallows – Part 2, in Mexico, in the Philippines and in Vietnam.[150][151][153][154][127] It set opening-weekend records in 12 territories, including Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Central America, Bolivia, Taiwan, the Philippines and Hong Kong.[152][155] It also earned the second largest five-day opening in Australia ($20.2 million).[156][152] In the UK, Ireland and Malta, it earned £2.5 million ($4.1 million) on its opening day[157] and £15.8 million ($25.7 million) during the weekend,[158] setting an opening-weekend record for a superhero film.[154][159]

In North America, on its opening day (Friday, May 4, 2012), the film earned $80.5 million, marking the second biggest opening- and single-day gross of all-time, behind Deathly Hallows – Part 2.[160][161]The film's Friday gross included an $18.7 million midnight run – a record for a superhero film.[162] Without midnight grosses, the film earned the largest single day of all time ($61.8 million).[163]

just sayin'

• Definitely not gay.

Well

WOOT GO AVENGERS TWO

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I think they're going to do a Black Panther movie, as well

• Definitely not gay.

OK, who do you think should be the villain for the sequel?

There aren't very many Marvel villains who are still alive, so I'm going to check:

• Abomination was imprisoned.

• Juggernaut died.

• Magneto was depowered.

• Whiplash died.

• Justin Hammer was imprisoned.

• Iron Monger died.

• Loki was imprisoned.

• Laufey was killed.

• Red Skull died.

• Writers forgot about Leader.

• edited 2012-05-05 23:49:08
    You can change. You can.

Ultron.

ETA: Or, better yet, can someone wrestle the rights out of Fox and get us Doctor Doom? kthnx

• edited 2012-05-05 23:50:32
    Definitely not gay.

Ultron could work.

They'd have to introduce Ant-Man first, though.

^ Doom could also work, but getting the rights would be a bitch.

Am I the only one here that wants to see the Avengers and the FF team up against Galactus?

• edited 2012-05-05 23:51:10
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

• Juggernaut died.

• Magneto was depowered.

They wouldn't show up anyway. Sony or somebody other than Marvel owns X-men movie rights, doesn't it?  Or maybe I'm misremembering and getting mixed up with Spiderman.

I'd bet Thanos.  Maybe with the Infinity Gauntlet?  I still haven't seen the Avengers and I don't know shit about comics, though, so I'm pretty much just going off of what people I know have said.

• edited 2012-05-05 23:51:27
    You can change. You can.

And that'd get us Janet. And who the fuck doesn't love Janet.

I'll fight every single one of you if one of you even thinks of answering no. 

ETA: Thanos is obviously what they're going for, but I wonder if he'll be like Loki (IE: The herald of something much worse, or someone who relies on someone else to get things done, much like Darkseid)

• I'm a damn twisted person

And that'd get us Janet. And who the fuck doesn't love Janet.

Marvel editors and writers since she has been dead since 2008. 

Comics I want to get a film of: Runaways

• I'm a damn twisted person

It is in the works, but now definite release date yet. 

comics i want to get a film of: trust me, you want your server up and running. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I think Runaways would better as a tv show, personally.

• edited 2012-05-06 00:19:19
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

No love for Leader, who is imprisoned, by the way.

Also, the X-Men are at Fox.

Didn't they build up to Leader in Incredible Hulk though?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ^ Yes.
  • Definitely not gay.

No love for Leader, who is imprisoned, by the way.

He got knocked on his ass by Abomination, received some gamma serum to the head and that's it. I don't remember him being imprisoned.

Prequel comic to the Avengers movie. Shield took him in custody.

Am I the only one here that wants to see the Avengers and the FF team up against Galactus?

only if they recast the whole of the FF. which they'd have to do, at least for the Human Torch. 

I think Michael Chiklis did a good job as the Thing, but what do I know.

I think he was a good choice, but the script and effects... oi...