If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Avengers Assemble!

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Chris Emsworth makes me question my place on the Kinsey scale. All I'm saying.

Juan: 

Yeah, but let's say a Justice League movie got made. You know Batman and Green Arrow would be able to do just as many awesome things as Supes and Wonderwoman. They'd be in the fray and they'd probably get to go toe-to-toe with, let's just say Darkseid, and get just as much attention in their awesomeness.

Hawk and BW don't really get that chance to shine in the spectacle.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Thanks.

Chris Emsworth makes me question my place on the Kinsey scale. All I'm saying.

i am secure in my homosexuality

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It's Hemsworth.

Right, sorry. People keep saying it with a silent H for some reason.

Also, I would watch the shit out of this show.

http://assvenger.tumblr.com/post/18320086375

• edited 2012-05-04 22:21:05
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I really like the idea of a superhero sitcom. There are a couple points in Smallville in later seasons that went that way that were highpoints of the show, there was the recent issue of FF, and of course the Justice Friends.

Sadly, no one's actually gone all out with it. 

I think if there was this whole 'Superheroes have to deal with inane stuff going on' rather than being winky about superhero tropes it would be great.

And actually come to think of it, there was almost no winking in the movie. There were references and call backs. (My personal favorite being 'Hulk? Smash.') They never felt shoehorned in and trying to take you out of the movie though.

On the note of Hill, she could have used more characterization as a person who questions Fury but still implicitly trusts him, but she was pretty awesome when she got to do stuff and I still found her more interesting than Hawkeye.

I think of the minor characters Coulson got the most of his small scenes, particularly the whole trading cards thing. Which is of course why he bites it.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I really like the idea of a superhero sitcom.

You never watched Dexter's Lab, I take it.

Justice Friends is from Dexter's Lab...

On the note of Hill, she could have used more characterization as a person who questions Fury but still implicitly trusts him, but she was pretty awesome when she got to do stuff and I still found her more interesting than Hawkeye.

That's basically my issue, though. She seems like she was put in explicitly as a sort of... sexy action girl, and that's all her character is in the movie.

• edited 2012-05-04 22:31:43
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^^You'll note I specifically mentioned the Justice Friends.

^I can see that, but I don't think that you're supposed to take sexy as her primary aspect (though she certainly is) They never emphasize her body, but they try to emphasize her combat prowess and how involved with S.H.I.E.L.D. she is.

I never felt Maria Hill was sexy at all, her actress is hot but didn't feel any sexualization at all. 

• You can change. You can.

Agreed. With that said, I felt her role overall was rather lacking and too backgroundy, but she's definetly cool. 

Anyway, I also like the idea of a superhero sitcom, which is why I feel like pointing out that there was a time when Keith Giffen and J.M DeMatteis wrote the Justice League and it is still my favourite iteration of any team book, to be honest.

Yeah, but let's say a Justice League movie got made. You know Batman and Green Arrow would be able to do just as many awesome things as Supes and Wonderwoman. They'd be in the fray and they'd probably get to go toe-to-toe with, let's just say Darkseid, and get just as much attention in their awesomeness.

Yes but I don't think it's because of who they are, but because of how they are written and the way they are just kinda shoehorned there because there just needs to be their type in a superhero team. 

Yes but I don't think it's because of who they are, but because of how they are written and the way they are just kinda shoehorned there because there just needs to be their type in a superhero team. 

Yeah, but everyone agrees with that already?

^^Yeah, that is exactly my point. I mean I used Green Arrow specifically because he has the same ability as Hawkeye except he's not lame.

Yeah, but everyone agrees with that already?

I wanted to said that regardless of whether other people already agreed with that?

But that's pointless >:/

Admittedly, but considering I was involved in the discussion earlier, I felt like saying my piece because I left and couldn't say it on time. *shrug*

Yes, yes, I know. I do the same all the time.

But it feels very odd from someone who's avatar is Nick Fury, 's all.

what's that supposed to mean

I don't think Loki fits me either.

• edited 2012-05-05 00:05:39
    You can change. You can.

What are you talking about, Loki's totally big on honesty!

• I have yet to see this movie. Probably won't see it. 'cause I'm POOR!

You all know if I was an Avenger I'd be the most metal.

Thor actually suits you. He's the dorkiest dork. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

You all know if I was an Avenger I'd be the most metal.

Challenge accepted. 

what's that supposed to mean

Fury does not mince words. You're saying something because you wanted to say it regardless of whether everyone knew it already. The two are at odds.

• edited 2012-05-05 00:20:16
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

He is totally into misdirection and whining, so that part fits me well, besides, I am not at the core of IJBM's media talks like you guys. So I'd be the resenter anyway.

Alex, I actually think you have the most in common with Captain America. I know you're not American, but the two of you have an earnest straightforwardness and desire for goodness that I feel is more important.

• edited 2012-05-05 00:20:39
    You can change. You can.

Fair enough.

I am not at the core of IJBM's media talks like you guys.

which makes you a suitable villain. :p