If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• >Never bought Recettear due to backlog.

Hrm. :|

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I wouldn't call Recettear a JRPG so much as a game of previously undescribed genre, with a JRPG in it.

• edited 2012-06-21 23:42:23
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It's a combination business sim + action JRPG.  The latter part has the formal equivalent of a minigame, though said minigame has expanded to become a huge part of the gameplay.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

The Ys games are on Steam!?

• I exhausted my fanboyishness on Dissidia.

• edited 2012-06-21 23:54:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

@fourteenwings: Only two of them.

You're on Steam?

No...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh well.  I don't blame you; Steam wrapper is still DRM.

Well, that and:

a) Don't have a credit card (Got one for XIII-2, payed it off instantly and canceled it due to being paranoid about debt).

b) Don't know how they deal with non-Americans/Australians.

If my Paypal still worked I could buy you a game and that would get you a full-featured Steam account.

That said, if you're Australian, I hear your best bet is to just pirate shit and then send the developers checks or something.

• I WILL play Vesperia tomorrow.

I WILL play Vesperia tomorrow.

Ooh, I still have to do the challenge for the X3 Mav-

NO! Vesperia! I want to play that!

if you're Australian, I hear your best bet is to just pirate shit and then send the developers checks or something.

South African, much much worse. Though Amazon still delivers DVDs and books and play-asia is good for hard copy games and consoles.

^ Seriously, play it. Aside from the odd morality stuff with Yuri that game is amazing.

• Kay, plan for tomorrow.

1. Wake up.

2. Have breakfast.

3. Wait for bro to wake up.

4. Play Vesperia almost all day.

Sound plan, no?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Does anybody on this forum like Final Fantasy anymore?

I don't but I'm still playing through XIII which I'm sure is several magnitudes worse.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Malk. Eject the disc. Go play a sandbox game where you just run around and wreck shit for an hour or so. You will be happier for it. 

So, some guys are working on a voxel game that's a little closer to Dwarf Fortress than most (lacking the insane complexity, but I doubt any game will match DF in terms of that in the next decade or more). Definitely going to follow this project.

• edited 2012-06-22 00:26:12
    There is love everywhere, I already know

don't listen to alk

play XIII

feel our pain

King Of Fighters gets localized?

• edited 2012-06-22 00:27:34
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^^And then maybe after that I'll have a nice scented bath and wash out my new vagina. I am on disc 3 of this train wreck and I'm going to be there for every smashed and burnt car.

^Thought this was Nova at first.

• You can change. You can.

always listen to alk

especially when his advice boils down to "have fun"

damnit why is it that steam and gamersgate and indie royale all have bundles i want to buy right when paypal craps out on me

ehh i have too many games anyway

• I like JRPGs including some Final Fantasy games, though I'm not particularly a fan of the series as a whole, or of Final Fantasy VII in particular.

Also, I have no idea why people are getting so excited over a FF7 rerelease.  What people really want is a remake, which this upcoming rerelease is almost certainly not.  If they just wanted to play FF7 again, they already could do that.

• If one brings up FF7, I must bring up the Honeybee Inn.

Isn't there already an FF7 re-release on PSN?

• edited 2012-06-22 00:43:01

^ Yes there is.  Which is another reason this news isn't particularly special.

• edited 2012-06-22 00:45:36
    There is love everywhere, I already know

I love JRPGs, I merely like FF games and think most of the main series games are good timewasters (X and X-2 are the only exception to this to me). The Kingdom Heart series really used to be SE's saving grace but now it's just lost it's marbles. They still have TWEWY and 4 Heroes of Light though...

Why is FF7 so dang popular anyways?

FF7 re-release on PSN?

FF4 has four different releases now, I don't see why they wouldn't want to milk FF7 the same way.

First 3D game to give a crap about story.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-06-22 00:47:45

First foray into the third dimension and a lot of advertising, I guess.

@Glenn: Because I'm listening to MMX music, do you agree that Sting Chameleon is the hardest of the original 8 Mavericks with only the Buster? I am inclined to believe that.

I am also inclined to think Storm Eagle's stage music is my favorite though unlike you, I'm not good at explaining why I like songs.

Oh...

• edited 2012-06-22 00:47:31

I merely like FF games and think most of the main series games are good timewasters (X and X-2 are the only exception to this to me).

Aww... X is like my favorite main-series Final Fantasy game (due mostly entirely to not having ATB).

Historical reasons.  Or rather, because at the time it was released it was fairly unique and impressive in a number of ways and it got a lot of people into Final Fantasy and RPGs in general.  So people still have fond memories of it because they liked it back when it was new. (EDIT: Or what INUH and Lai said...)

• X was actually my first FF to be honest and I never heard of the series before that.