If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• So when people bitch about Blocks That Matter being too hard, I can look at their Steam profile and both of the first two had midgame trophies for Super Meat Boy.

/confused

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Maybe because BTM primarily involves puzzle-solving while SMB primarily involves quick reflexes?

• Except they're almost always complaining about the lava drops, which are pure platforming and reflex.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I think the biggest complaint I heard about Blocks that Matter was that it was unoriginal. Which is of course half the point, but idk.

• You can change. You can.

Decisions for Ep 4:

1. Killed the boy

2. Lied to Vernon, didn't threaten him

3. Brought Clementine with me

4. Saved Ben

5. Revealed the bite

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^^ How is it unoriginal?

The gameplay is very original.  Just because it involves a bunch of shout-outs in its content doesn't mean it's not original at all.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The PS2 is now out of production worldwide.

Damn. That thing was released in 2000. Hell of a run.

• New trailer for probably the first mainline set of Pokemon games to have 3D graphics.

• edited 2013-01-08 06:58:37
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Probably? It is!

There is a surprisingly LARGE amount of people who wish they announced Gen 3 Remakes instead of this...

I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

Froakie is teh best.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

ice frog yaaaaaaay

idk I might go with the fire fox though.

The gameplay is very original. Just because it involves a bunch of shout-outs in its content doesn't mean it's not original at all.

The gameplay isn't that original. But I think the references are what have people in a knot.

• edited 2013-01-08 15:16:34
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

There is a surprisingly LARGE amount of people who wish they announced Gen 3 Remakes instead of this...

Myself included. 3D Pokemon (despite, as I said in the other thread, looking much better than I anticipated) is entirely unnecessary. Remaking the only outright bad main-series Pokèmon games would have done a much better job of grabbing my interest.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

outright bad

i would like to dedicate this fuck you to fellow forum member cu

• edited 2013-01-08 15:42:45

Ruby and Sapphire should have been among the best of the series (more engine improvements than any other generation, plus a really interesting set of new Pokèmon and the first plot to actually do something with the setting), but the map design makes going anywhere extremely dull and at many points in the game your only hint about what to do next is something that was vaguely mentioned a couple of hours ago.

• a little muffled
    yes but

secret bases

did say "more engine improvements than any other generation."

It would just be nice if playing the bulk of the game were anything other than a boring slog.

• edited 2013-01-08 15:59:32
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^That was probably the coolest feature of R/S/E, but that isn't saying that much. But yeah I agree with CU, Hoenn's art design was pretty bad, the soundtrack wasn't as good as the rest of the series, and there was not much postgame when compared to 2nd gen.

• I will disagree on one part being the soundtrack, RSE had a lot of my favorite songs on there.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Gen 2 had a postgame besides Mt. Silver?

Gen 2 had a postgame the length of the entire previous game. And then it had a post-postgame with Mt. Silver.

• But you never had any to begin with.

I don't consider Kanto a postgame, I consider it part of the actual game.

Well, in that case the actual game is twice as long as every other game in the series, so I can't really complain about the postgame being a bit shorter.

• edited 2013-01-08 16:08:43

Unrelated to Pokèmon:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121403-American-McGee-Defends-Akaneiro-Kickstarter

"The game is 100% finished. We just need to raise some money via Kickstarter to finish it."

• edited 2013-01-08 16:26:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

^ From reading that article, I'm guessing that the software is completed, but not the other stuff that would make it work, such as the infrastructure, manpower, or something along those lines.

• edited 2013-01-08 19:07:33
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

disregard wrong thread

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-01-08 22:11:34

Yeah, Hoenn's issues were kind of intrinsic to its setting.  Tropical archipelago just kind of necessarily means shitloads of surfing, and at the time that was limited to bland featureless ocean.  Remaking RSE would mean you'd need to put a lot more scenery into the waterways.  Shallows, sandbars, shoals, estuary foliage, more tide mechanics, and abandon top-down grid movement for forward camera when things absolutely have to be wide open (hint: use it for gratuitous scenery).  Introduce Surf earlier and make it pull out automatically when you push into water, or even just let you swim in anything that isn't too hazardous.  Introduce Dive earlier to get some really neat reefs and such.  I mean, the likes of Ecco and Vashj'ir pretty much proved that underwater areas can be drop-dead gorgeous.

On an unrelated note, Yunica vs. Nightmare Jenocres is one of the most amazingly fun things ever.  I mean holy shit.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Also putting a lot more to do underwater.

Make it so you can dive underwater and pop back up in more hidden sea caves.

• Champion of the Whales

So apparently Fallout 4 will be a sequel to Fallout 3 rather than a sequel to Fallout NV

I...kinda wish it wasn't either one. Just, you know, a new story in a new place. Surely there are more than two interesting places in that setting.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^Do we know for sure? All I heard was Three Dog's VA giving hints that he's going to be in it.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Fallout 3 isn't Fallout anyway. It's a decent post-apo game crudely shoehorned into Fallout 'verse.