If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It wasn't an original plot, but it allowed for some very meaningful choices.

• You can change. You can.

Oh it was really predictable and standard, but I liked it more because of the character dynamics between Lilly, Kenny and Lee than because of whatever was going on at the St. Johns. 

• They're somethin' else.

If I had a better computer, I'd probably play that more. the people in the Student Lounge in my school are all over that. That, and my best bud there made me watch a bunch of Dunkey videos.

... I'll try it eventually.

More Dragon's Dogma :D

You know, I don't think any other game premise has ever been this badass.
  • Completed Megaman 1 & 3 last night. Hard but fun. :D

Did the Dragon's Dogma quest where I got stuck on my first file. Didn't die once.

• I don't know about that game too much but that sounds impressive. Congrats. ^^

Eh, it's an RPG, so it basically just means I didn't charge into it the instant it was available and instead actually let myself level until it was doable.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I just beat the 7th gym in White 2 and I have to say that it has this game has the coolest gym designs ever.

• edited 2013-01-05 16:03:58
    a little muffled

I've only done three gyms so far but yeah they are pretty neat.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

There is some big Pokemon-related news coming in three days.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Do you guys know of any good horror games I could freely download? Like, you know, abandonware or freeware point-and-click adventure games, these never get old.

Off the top of my head, 5 Days a Stranger and its sequels.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Ib is pretty good, not too strong on the horror side though.

• They're somethin' else.

All I really know of is "the white chamber" and Maniac Mansion.

The former may or may not be your cup of tea. The latter's pretty good, though I've never played the freeware version before.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

dotFlow

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

I heard and read good things about Slender.

• edited 2013-01-05 18:20:14
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

You could get a DS emulator and download 999 :p

Oh and I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

• Kichigai birthday!!

Also The Witch's House and Irisu Syndrome (trust me on this one)

• edited 2013-01-05 18:27:05
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, come on. It has like two alarming moments. It's a damn good game, but it's not horror.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Metroid Fusion.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Yeah but it's suspenseful and stuff...Pretty good mystery...

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

It is a horror game.

Part of the point of the horror genre is suspense.

It's a mystery, and it has suspense in the "what's going on and what will happen next," but it's not suspenseful in the scary sense.

• edited 2013-01-05 20:24:09
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

protip: with a few exceptions (dotFlow, Ib and the original Yume Nikki provided you even want to count them, and so on) avoid anything made in RPGMaker, and also avoid anything based off of a creepypasta (that includes both Slender games and the godawful SCP series).

Most things that are mods are pretty bad too. Afraid of Monsters was decent, but it'll only run if you have Half Life, and even then, it's more oogity-boogity-boo than really scary. Its spiritual sequel Cry of Fear is terrible due to being ruined by some of the worst voice acting I've heard in my entire life.

Korsokovia is an excellent piece of surreal horror if you can get it to run properly, I understand that it's somewhat finnicky. The flipside to that is that there's no real benefit in playing Korsokovia over just watching a silent walkthrough on Youtube (and there's at least one).

• edited 2013-01-05 20:28:06
    Kichigai birthday!!

The Witch's House should be added to those RPG Maker exceptions.

I haven't played it, but I've only heard good things about it

The Witch's House should not be added to that list of exceptions for a number of reasons, mostly because of how terrible the ending is and how thoroughly it undoes everything that came before it, but even before then, it's not a great game, and you could spend your time playing Ib, which does everything Witch's House does but much better.

that includes both Slender games

Slender, from what I've seen like it, seemed like a very well-designed game, though handicapped by its monster being the "the cake is a lie" of horror.

• Kichigai birthday!!

^^ fuuuu fuuuuu I wanted to play it and now you ruined my expectations ;_;

Slender, from what I've seen like it, seemed like a very well-designed game, though handicapped by its monster being the "the cake is a lie" of horror.

It's one of many games that tries to be Amnesia and fails at being Amnesia. Whether or not it's still worth playing is largely a matter of opinion, but I'd definately say not. Because again, there are better games you could be playing, and meme-games are poorly designed as a rule of thumb. I only gave it a chance because everyone else seemed to love it.

^^ fuuuu fuuuuu I wanted to play it and now you ruined my expectations ;_;

I wouldn't really waste your time.