If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Finished The Walking Dead. I had been putting it off because I thought it'd be a dark fucking trip.

It did not disappoint

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yep.

Spoiler:
    So did you have her shoot you or not?

Yes. I actually chose by accident but I don't really regret it.

That's what I went with.

It was the most depressing thing.

no, the most depressing thing was their goodbyes

Anyway, the walk to the Marsh House was a really fucking great sequence. 

Oh and how did ya deal with the whole Ben and Kenny thing?

Spoiler:
    Kenny died trying to save Ben from a zombie horde. So...well, I guess.

Oh, I thought you could like

choose to stay there and fight or something

Spoiler:
    No, he shoved me through a gate and locked it.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

The end of the Walking Dead game is basically the most traumatic thing ever.  I cried for a solid ten minutes after it stopped, and when my sister got there when she was playing it I pretty much had to leave the room because I didn't want to do it again.

Of course, she didn't care nearly as much, but bluh.

Spoiler:
    I couldn't make Clem shoot Lee.  I didn't want my poor bby to have to become a killer.  ;_;

If it wasn't because I had shit to do (Read: Tell everybody on the internet about it) I'm pretty sure I would've cried for days mang, i can tell you that much.

I cried for...I dunno how long. Awhile.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I would have cried longer if I hadn't been hiding behind my laptop in a room with three other guys in it.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

So you guys had actual tears in your eyes?

Actual tears running down my face, more like.

actual tears in my throat as i was gasping for air and begging the game to stop and not continue with the course of action i so clumsily and foolishly had chosen for me and my companion but bitterly had decided to continue

...O...k...

you don't understand i haven't felt this much for a vidya character since the microwave room in MGS4

No, I understand. I still think it's odd.

Well, have you played the game?

• After putting it off for months, I'm finally reinstalling Mass Effect 1 and 2 to replay them before I move on to Mass Effect 3. I'm very fortunate in that I still have my savedata for Mass Effect 1 lying around because I emailed a friend it to use for Mass Effect 2 and thus didn't lose it along with everything else on my PC at the start of last year.

You may now return to your worthwhile discussions.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

still can't play Mass Effect on the PC :/

I suspect I won't be able to until winter.

• Actually, I think I'll start from scratch.

Mainly because I can't stand to luck at my ugly-as-sin Shepard's face anymore, and playing through to ME2 to change it is just going to take too long.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-01-11 05:22:12

I'm at Pictimos (Mantid) in Ys Origin.  On Normal you can blitz him down pretty fast after his first heal before he spawns more minions, but on Nightmare the fucker's like Ed the Undying because spawning more minions is the very first thing he does after recovering.  And he's definitely not the kind of boss you want to have a protracted fight against, because his lance-arm thing is basically dumb luck to dodge since his turning radius is just right to randomly catch you with the tip of his lance no matter how you maneuver.

I have not played the game, and I've been saddened and an emotional wreck from many video game, tv show and movie experiences. But I've never actually had physical tears.

• Got him.  Booyah, motherfuckers.

That actually wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be once I got the rhythm down to circle him properly.  Once you start forcing him into recovery spam he loses his offense pretty fast because the first several attacks of his pattern leave him wide open.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I haven't jumped into multiplayer yet because I need to buy another network cable.

Gimme your gamertag when you do. I wanna murderficate you in Regicide show you around.

• Champion of the Whales

I love F:NV because its an Obsidian game and that means you can get out of most problems by passing speech checks

• They're somethin' else.

So, what was the big controversy behind the new Tomb Raider/ Lara Croft thing? Like the thing behind her tied up and roughed up?

I couldn't make head to toe of everyone's hissy fits.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Basically, they made her more realistic looking in an attempt to make her into something more than a sex object. Then they put rape in her backstory to garner audience sympathy.

One step forward, two steps back.

• They're somethin' else.

Okay, that makes sense.

I was thinking at first "Well, she needs to come out of SOME kind of dark, heavy shit, DOESN'T she? You know, strength from vulnerability, so she can't just gun and muscle her way through shit like she always has?"

But uh... yeah, that's just cheap.