If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Hey at least they just stuck to elves and dwarves and some horned macho folks. Give me a fantasy setting with gnomes of hobbit knockoffs and I generally start hoping for short annoying fantasy folk genocide.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

The kender are infamously difficult; all your arrows typically pass just over their heads. 

• edited 2012-11-05 20:05:25

New Skyrim DLC.

Dragon Mounts.

Can you say AWW YISS?

• edited 2012-11-05 20:43:38
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I have a beta pass for DOTA 2, does anyone want it? I'm not one for the game, but maybe someone here is.

• edited 2012-11-05 21:05:42
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Prior Halo PC ports have both sucked and not sold very well.

I was going to say that the obvious way to fix the latter is to fix the former, i.e. just not half-ass them, but these days, I'm actually jaded enough about game publishers to believe that they can't figure that out for themselves.

Anyway, I think I figured out what bothers me about the Halo story. There aren't any characters. I mean, the people with the most personality are the alien defector, the token black guy, and the evil robot (which, depressingly, is probably the closest thing the games have to a fleshed-out character).

• edited 2012-11-05 21:27:12
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

edit: nevermind.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I don't actually know much about the Halo story, which is interesting considering I played through the campaign of Halo 3 and Halo Reach, but I can tell you that the game ITSELF has tons of personality. The enemies show emotion while you fight them, and there are so many amazing easter eggs it's ridiculous. Like the peeing Brute you can spy on. And the skulls.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

The skulls are weird.

Anyway, just played the first...three? No four, levels of Halo 4.

Much was awesome. I have a few gripes but it's more about what they didn't change than what they did.

Also The Didact's design with his armor off is....weird. But other than that I have no major complaints other than the odd mouth movements on the character models, which is the same complaint I had for Halo Anniversary (though it is not nearly as bad here). 

• Kichigai birthday!!
    In other order of news, Sony has stopped its production of PS2. I realize it's mostly a symbolic thing, but it still feels kind of sad

The PS2 is one of the greatest game systems ever.  Yeah, it is a bit sad.

In other other news, I'm gonna start playing Rayman Origins in a bit (finally), and then once I've finished with it, I'm gonna play through all three MOTHER games, because I've wanted to do that for a while.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Oh, darn.  And I might actually be buying a PS2 at some po--oh, fuck it.  Never the hell mind.

• You can still buy a PS2 even if Sony isn't making them anymore.

• edited 2012-11-06 14:40:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

☐ Obama ☐ Romney ☑ Producer

Haruka Amami for Secretary of State.

Edit: Oh shoot, I thought this was the anime thread.

^ I know; it's just that the price will start to slowly increase because decreasing supply.

• No rainbow star
    You know you've left a thread for too long when you say, "Fuck it, I'm tired of hitting next on mobile" and post anyways

So, is any conversation about the new Skyrim: Dragonborn trailer?
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I'm cautiously optimistic. The environments look really cool, and the main villain could be good, but who knows if they can pull it off well.

• In other other news, I'm gonna start playing Rayman Origins in a bit (finally)

I'm up in the air over whether that's easier or harder with friends.  The friendly fire thing is annoying as hell and the camera doesn't go far enough forward when someone drags, which means races can turn blind very fast.

Then again, I've managed to make actual use of slapping my teammate a few times to backtrack a few jumps we missed, so hey.

• But you never had any to begin with.

^ I know; it's just that the price will start to slowly increase because decreasing supply.

They're only like, £20 at this point.

But I'll be buying one like a few years down the road.  If at all.

• edited 2012-11-06 17:36:19
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Wow, so I concluded that Rayman Origins is amazing in the first level alone. Also the intro was hilarious.

One aspect that stands out, possibly beyond all the amazing level design, character art, animations and gameplay, is the music. It's really fucking good.

I'm definitely going to get Rayman Legends when that comes out on the Wii U.

Infected SPARTAN-IVs in Halo 4's Flood gametype.

:D 

• Wasn't the Flood supposed to be dead and stuff?

Also, insert inevitable comparison with MP-Evas here.

They are. It's just a multiplayer gametype.

It's essentially Halo Reach's Infection mode but with better skins. 

• edited 2012-11-06 18:57:48

So I've been playing League of Legends quite a bit recently. It's not as stressing as I remember it being. And Lux is fun.

• edited 2012-11-06 18:57:56
    Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

^^^If only I had an Xbox.

But getting a 3DS, a Wii U, a PS Vita, and a new PS3 are higher on the list.

• BeeBee
    edited 2012-11-07 00:30:04

The Rayman Origins music wavers dramatically between actually good and appropriately cutesy but not standalone.

The treasure chase theme has been stuck in my head for days though, and I laughed pretty hard when the mosquito levels broke out this really dramatic Starfox-ish stuff...on kazoos.

The only real complaints I can lodge at the game are the camera sucking for multiplayer and that almost all of the unlockable characters are just pallette swaps of Teensy.

• IJBM: The Training Montage song from Punch-Out!! Wii is not available. :<

What do you think the chances are that Nintendo is messing with us by saying all this stuff about how there is going to be a Wii U shortage this holiday? I'm not looking forward to another half of year where I couldn't get the console for a reasonable price anywhere.

• Definitely not gay.

Playing Yoshi's Island.

Holy fucking shit

this game is actually challenging

Yoshi's Island is one of my five-star-rated games.

• edited 2012-11-08 10:14:15
    Definitely not gay.

bad idea